Jalapeños

i finally got some seeds i ordered a month ago from the UK, some toms and some habaneros

i asked rawai post office why so long and they said there were busy! busy doing what? not busy delivering mail obviously! anyhow, different topic.

when my habs come up i'd love to swap a few plants with some of you

Steve or anyone. I bought some jalapeños from Villa, fiinally.

How do I prepare the seeds for planting? Dry them in sun first, place them between damp tissue? I have no idea.

After planting, how much water to give per day?

Thanks.

just put them in a pot, not too deep, maybe 1cm. not too much water. i planted some of the villa market ones too, we'll see how they do. looks like this island is going to be loaded with home grown chillies soon!

i finally got some seeds i ordered a month ago from the UK, some toms and some habaneros

i asked rawai post office why so long and they said there were busy! busy doing what? not busy delivering mail obviously! anyhow, different topic.

when my habs come up i'd love to swap a few plants with some of you

I'd be up for swapping plants. I should have plenty in a while.

Steve or anyone. I bought some jalapeños from Villa, fiinally.

How do I prepare the seeds for planting? Dry them in sun first, place them between damp tissue? I have no idea.

After planting, how much water to give per day?

Thanks.

google...and try to replicate the conditions where they grow best. Put them in a few pots & treat them differently - some full sun, some lots of water, some less water...

google...and try to replicate the conditions where they grow best. Put them in a few pots & treat them differently - some full sun, some lots of water, some less water...

chilli pepper have no problem with lots of sun, they are from mexico and hot places like that. when i said plant about 1cm deep, i was thinking, 2-3mm is better

wow. How much?

It is about 60 cm tall and covered with peppers. It was only 129 Baht!

are you sure they are Habaneros?

Well, pretty sure. They're hot enough to be. At any rate, it's a beautiful plant and it's teeming with peppers, so I'm happy with the purchase.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just smelled something yesterday & whatever it was, smelled like freshly sliced Jalapenos & had my mouth watering, hence my search online & found this thread.

Has anybody ever seen them at the Villa in Pattaya? I'd love to get some seeds.

I can go the eBay route, but am dying for them NOW!

Thanks,

Jay

PS.....Don't know what it is about Thai peppers.......They are fine going down. It's the un-controllable exit (you never know when). You just know IT'S RIGHT NOW & you have about 5 nanoseconds to find a toilet.

No fore-warning with Thai peppers.

I just smelled something yesterday & whatever it was, smelled like freshly sliced Jalapenos & had my mouth watering, hence my search online & found this thread.

This is the Phuket forum ... wink.png

Okay.

It's also the only Jalapeno thread.

There is a Villa in Pattaya.

Just thought I'd ask. Usually people will say "Yes" or "No".

What's the harm in that?

Best,

Jay

Perhaps this topic could have been in the Plants and Animals forum from the start so all interested members could have easy access.

And then those of us who arn't intersted in long discussions about how to grow capsicans don't have to see the thread constantly bumped up the Phuket forum page.

biggrin.png

Perhaps this topic could have been in the Plants and Animals forum from the start so all interested members could have easy access.

And then those of us who arn't intersted in long discussions about how to grow capsicans don't have to see the thread constantly bumped up the Phuket forum page.

biggrin.png

Good idea - should get more readers.

This is the Phuket forum ... wink.png

Okay.

It's also the only Jalapeno thread.

There is a Villa in Pattaya.

Just thought I'd ask. Usually people will say "Yes" or "No".

What's the harm in that?

Best,

Jay

Yes. Also at Tops at Central in Chonburi so maybe at Tops Pattaya. The market at Sattahip has loads