Dried Marrowfat Peas In Chaing Mai

gennisis

I,ve looked everywhere...I trhink!...but cants find dried peas....split peas and lentils no problem but dried peas...Nowhere. Since many establishments serve them with fish & chips they must be available.

Can somebody let me in on the secret?

I have never seen any marrowfat peas here, suspect the fish & Chip shops

buy them from UK check out www.spiceworks.co.uk 100g 1.99, 500g 4.96

1kg 8.80,been dried you will get a lot for the money,prices in Sterling,postage

extra. but expect some one will be along to prove me wrong,and advise you

of a supplier in Chiang Mai,would be interested myself

regards Worgeordie

PS I remember when my grandmother used to make them ,used to put small white block?,in soaking water,it came with the peas

Maybe the fish-and-chip shops are using frozen, green peas and just overcooking them. I get Tally's brand frozen green peas from New Zealand at Rim Ping for something like 85 baht per 500 grams. That's substantially cheaper than ordering dried peas from the U.K. I've seen frozen green peas from China that are cheaper and in larger bags.

The peas they sell at Makro under their own brand name are properly English - hard, starchy, little flavor. You can find them in the freezer section next to other frozen fruit n veg. Sometimes I add them to my mama. A bag of 700-1000g (not sure, so guessing) is about 80 baht.

MAKRO have NZ's Talleys frozen peas @ 75bt/500g, a bit cheaper than Rimping.

I noticed lentils (green/brown) at at Rimping Nim City ... nearly bought them as so easy to cook up and great as a side to a good Curry Nights!

Maybe the fish-and-chip shops are using frozen, green peas and just overcooking them. I get Tally's brand frozen green peas from New Zealand at Rim Ping for something like 85 baht per 500 grams. That's substantially cheaper than ordering dried peas from the U.K. I've seen frozen green peas from China that are cheaper and in larger bags.

MAKRO have NZ's Talleys frozen peas @ 75bt/500g, a bit cheaper than Rimping.

I noticed lentils (green/brown) at at Rimping Nim City ... nearly bought them as so easy to cook up and great as a side to a good Curry Nights!

In Makro Cap'n Rob, Talley's frozen peas are 75 Baht per kilo whereas Rimping are, as NancyL says, 85 baht per 500g. If you're pasing MAKRO, buy them there!!

I have never seen any marrowfat peas here, suspect the fish & Chip shops

buy them from UK check out www.spiceworks.co.uk 100g 1.99, 500g 4.96

1kg 8.80,been dried you will get a lot for the money,prices in Sterling,postage

extra. but expect some one will be along to prove me wrong,and advise you

of a supplier in Chiang Mai,would be interested myself

regards Worgeordie

PS I remember when my grandmother used to make them ,used to put small white block?,in soaking water,it came with the peas

you still get those little white blocks if you bring Marrowfat peas in from Uk Worgeordie, I brought some back last time I was over!