Two Iranians Arrested In South Pattaya, Accused Of Theft From Money Exchange Booths

Rimmer

Two Iranians arrested in South Pattaya, accused of theft from Money Exchange Booths

08_08_55_1_2.jpg

PATTAYA:--Two Iranian men accused of stealing Thai currency from Money Exchange Booths in Chonburi and Rayong Provinces have been arrested by Police.

On Wednesday afternoon at Banglamung Police Station, Police Major General Jamnong, Provincial Police Commander, held a press conference to announce the arrest of Mr. Allashraf Rezamanesh Faramani aged 50 and Mr. Hamidzra Radshambayati aged 32. They were arrested in front of the Marine Plaza Hotel in South Pattaya by the Provincial Transnational Crime Suppression Unit who were armed with arrest warrants for the men dated 7th August.

The men were known to target small independently-owned booths and those operated by Thai banks. Their method of stealing the cash would involve them requesting specific letters on the serial numbers of the Thai bank Notes which they would secretly place in their pockets and return fewer notes to the Teller than they had received. They would then exchange the notes for US Dollars and the Teller would be unaware of the stolen Thai currency which the men would then leave with. Eventually, one of the Tellers working for a popular Thai Bank realized what was going on and reported it to her manager

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/60270/iranians-arrested-south-pattaya-accused-theft-money-exchange-booths/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-08-08

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Their method of stealing the cash would involve them requesting specific letters on the serial numbers of the Thai bank Notes which they would secretly place in their pockets and return fewer notes to the Teller than they had received. They would then exchange the notes for US Dollars and the Teller would be unaware of the stolen Thai currency which the men would then leave with

Does anyone else not understand this at all?

Their method of stealing the cash would involve them requesting specific letters on the serial numbers of the Thai bank Notes which they would secretly place in their pockets and return fewer notes to the Teller than they had received. They would then exchange the notes for US Dollars and the Teller would be unaware of the stolen Thai currency which the men would then leave with

The way I understood it was the Iranians received Thai Baht for their US$ and then said they only wanted notes with certain serial numbers, so while pretending to check the serial numbers they pocketed some of the notes and then handed back the ones they didn't want to the teller who didn't recount it.

@Gone: No; I am baffled too ! ! I mean, since when did "2 + 2" go out the window ? ? ? ?

I must admit; I felt a bit dumb after reading this and then thinking "oh well; this must be some complicated scam . . . . .

I was very happy to read that I was not the only 'dummy' !