Thai Olympic Performance

theblether

I'm a bit disappointed in the meagre performance of the Thai Olympic team. I feel there has been a conspiracy against Thailand as the sports they are naturally best at are banned from the Olympics.

In the spirit of solidarity I feel we should campaign on behalf of Thailand to have said sports included in time for Rio 2016, so that we at TV can sit back and bask in the reflected glory as Thailand races up the medals table.

My suggestions for new Olympic sports include.....

Synchronized Tuk Tuk Driving.......a work of art at best, with extra points awarded for dual pricing the farangs.

Elephant Dressage.......I would love to see these graceful beasts prancing to the ubiquitious 'Hotel California'.

Jet Ski Racing......yes, you-ve got it, extra points for scamming for imaginary damage.

Etc, etc......the etc is up to you, ( well it is Thailand ), so what do you think should be included in the Olympics programme to assist the Thai medal tally?

• Like 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brilliant, we'll make Champion Olympians out of Thailand yet......

Graceful Sky Diving without a parachute should be an Olympic Sport.....the Thais may not be natural champions at it however they have some renowned coaches in Pattaya.

• Like 1

Getting in the way. I swear the average Bangkokian could keep the whole field behind them throughout an entire marathon, without ever breaking into a brisk walk.

Herding. Hold a door open for 1 person and watch 20 walk through.

Sitting. Wherever, whenever Thais can always sit somewhere.

This thread is ridiculous.

No nation comes close to Thailands olympic racewalking techniques of not lifting your feet.

The walking part might they haven't quite mastered though.

Yep, the 50 & 100 metre shuffle. Anything further than that wouldn't happen.......................wink.png

I want to point out with absolute seriousness (as is always required when posting on a theblether thread) my thoughts as to why Thailand does not do so well in the Olympics.

It is a problem in understanding the starter's orders. During a recent games in Bangkok the following scene was witnessed by many.

The 100m competitors were in their starting blocks, the starter's orders began, "On your marks" then suddenly the finishing 400m runners came slamming through the start line getting a 10m head-start on the 100m runners.

"Set". Now 80% the 100m runners looked left, didn't see a policeman, and they were off.

"Go". The last 2 runners, confused, fell over their shoes. Meanwhile a pole-vaulter careered towards them, heading in the opposite direction, vaulting the officials and sprinted off into the distance. Just off the track at the long-jump pit Somchai had started charging any foreign athletes B50 to use his chair and his wife had set up a BBQ on the judges table.

Back on the track the 100m race was coming to a climax. The 400m runners were split, half had already completed the 100m and were heading onto the 1,500m start line, whilst the other half were already over choosing the best bits of chicken. The 100m runners had stopped just before the finish line and were busily waiting for a green light. Skipping the 1,500m start all together a few of the original 400m runners came through the finish line for the 100m race but none of this mattered anyway because it was midday and everybody went for lunch.

Now you see the problem.

Who won the 100m ?crazy.gif .
  • Like 1

I want to point out with absolute seriousness (as is always required when posting on a theblether thread) my thoughts as to why Thailand does not do so well in the Olympics.

It is a problem in understanding the starter's orders. During a recent games in Bangkok the following scene was witnessed by many.

The 100m competitors were in their starting blocks, the starter's orders began, "On your marks" then suddenly the finishing 400m runners came slamming through the start line getting a 10m head-start on the 100m runners.

"Set". Now 80% the 100m runners looked left, didn't see a policeman, and they were off.

"Go". The last 2 runners, confused, fell over their shoes. Meanwhile a pole-vaulter careered towards them, heading in the opposite direction, vaulting the officials and sprinted off into the distance. Just off the track at the long-jump pit Somchai had started charging any foreign athletes B50 to use his chair and his wife had set up a BBQ on the judges table.

Back on the track the 100m race was coming to a climax. The 400m runners were split, half had already completed the 100m and were heading onto the 1,500m start line, whilst the other half were already over choosing the best bits of chicken. The 100m runners had stopped just before the finish line and were busily waiting for a green light. Skipping the 1,500m start all together a few of the original 400m runners came through the finish line for the 100m race but none of this mattered anyway because it was midday and everybody went for lunch.

Now you see the problem.

Who won the 100m ?crazy.gif .

Can't remember myself Transam, but i know it was decided before the race

• Like 1