England 2014 World Cup

SantiSuk

The following article prompted me to start a new thread:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england

It came under a heading that Hodgson is about to name his squad, but the eyecatcher is that, despite being in as parlous a state of a footballing team as I can remember, England have just been promoted to third in the FIFA world cup rankingscheesy.gif . Pure comedy moment.

[Try to avoid dominating this thread, Smokie1zgarz5.gif ]

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Third does seem a bit generous, but rankings don't see performances or quality of players, just results, and on that basis, we are right now, really no better, no worse, than we have ever been in recent history, or are likely to be.

Obviously FIFA agree with me that penalties are a stupid way of ending a game ... .err hang on - arent they the ones who decided to settle games that way?

My eye is also raised, Smokie!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Roy Hodgson 'sorry' for Rio Ferdinand Tube comments

England manager Roy Hodgson has "tried to get in touch" with Rio Ferdinand to apologise for telling people on the Tube that he was not going to pick the Manchester United defender for England's squad to face San Marino and Poland.

Hodgson was travelling to the Emirates to watch Arsenal play Olympiakos on Wednesday when he fell into conversation with some supporters.

"I am disappointed that a stray conversation has been reported in that way," said Hodgson. "All I remember was that I was talking to quite a lot of people on the Tube and one guy said 'is Rio in the next squad?' and I think I might have said 'I don't think so'. It's a mistake and I need to apologise for that.

Full story:- http://www.telegraph...e-comments.html

My sympathies are entirely with Roy Hodgson on this matter. He was being polite when asked a question and off went some <deleted> to the papers with his comment.

He's the England manager <deleted>! He should know better.

My sympathies are entirely with Roy Hodgson on this matter. He was being polite when asked a question and off went some <deleted> to the papers with his comment.

He's the England manager <deleted>! He should know better.

apparently handling a room full of fleet street's most hardened, cynical hacks is child's play to him but put him in front of a punter with an iphone on public transport and he just goes all to pieces. he's an utter clown.

Stevie your biased views of Hodgson are embarrassing give it a rest mate.

I don't see Rodgers performing much better.....but do you think he is cuddly or something? whistling.gif or has the supporters of LFC turned another corner AGAIN.

San Marino are 150/1 to win.

Its soooo tempting!! tongue.png

But its not really is it! i think you'll watch this one and i reckon the majority of English on here won't bother.

Thats a better bet mate! biggrin.png

Are you sure, Scotland play at the same time don't they?biggrin.png

But its not really is it! i think you'll watch this one and i reckon the majority of English on here won't bother.

Even more sure now! laugh.png

Does Scotland have a football team?

Does Scotland have a football team?

Not really a football team as such but then again do England? In fairness we seem to be talking the difference between comically bad in scotland and piss poor in England!

Edited by carmine

The Scotland game is going to be torture for me. I'd rather watch your lot struggle for 90 mins to score against the minnows to be honest....that would be a proper laugh so it would!

Thought of Bale having a good game sends a shiver down my spine Italiano style....