England 2014 World Cup

SantiSuk

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was rather good wasn't it and i think young Steven Caulker learnt an aweful lot last night, but atleast in a positive way.

Have Chelsea put in a bid for Zlatan yet? They'll be needing back up for Falcao afterall.

would you swap being the number one player in that league living and playing in lovely paris to join that mickey mouse mob from west london? nah, me neither.

It was rather good wasn't it and i think young Steven Caulker learnt an aweful lot last night, but atleast in a positive way.

Have Chelsea put in a bid for Zlatan yet? They'll be needing back up for Falcao afterall.

would you swap being the number one player in that league living and playing in lovely paris to join that mickey mouse mob from west london? nah, me neither.

You are a wise man.

Fantastic goal. Awful pony tail.

What blink.png the pony tail was the reason he scored that goal, the weight made him fall backwards and he decided to swing a leg at the ball, just got lucky, Andy Carrol does amazing things like this every week, he must do as the Englands fans were singing you're just a s***e andy carrol.

• 9 months later...

Which channel tonight? This one's gotta be worth getting up for!

All intra-club rivalry suspended for the day. Come on the Three Centurions. Come on the Three Lions. [bu$$er off Smokiesmile.png ]

post-4641-1156694083.gif.pagespeed.ce.HF

BKK Post has "GMM Football Extra". 1:45AM.

All intra-club rivalry suspended for the day. Come on the Three Centurions. Come on the Three Lions. [bu$$er off Smokiesmile.png ]

Thanks Jellydog.

My teenage Thai daughter is going to have to sleep with her adoptive mother (my wife) tonight then. She is the one that has the cheap package telly in her room. I'd better go and check that it's working for GMM Football Extra, since I happened to notice some issue reported about signal direction changes and GMM on another thread in this forum. Hopefully should be - I think I had GMM set up on its own dedicated dish - there are three of the bu$$ers on my roof now!

post-74421-0-05043500-1378792669_thumb.j

Thanks Jellydog.

My teenage Thai daughter is going to have to sleep with her adoptive mother (my wife) tonight then. She is the one that has the cheap package telly in her room. I'd better go and check that it's working for GMM Football Extra, since I happened to notice some issue reported about signal direction changes and GMM on another thread in this forum. Hopefully should be - I think I had GMM set up on its own dedicated dish - there are three of the bu$$ers on my roof now!

attachicon.gifIMG_2050.JPG

My rifle is set up for target practice later. whistling.gif

Thanks Jellydog.

attachicon.gifIMG_2050.JPG

Imagine that in Britain the neighbors would be up in arms..tongue.png

My source says "GMM Club Channel". Is that the same thing?

Shame on you Chicog. GMM Club Channel is the channel that carries Arsenal games and magazine programs - bit like MUTV only the Arsenal magazines and replays are only part of it. GMM Club is channel 122 and GMM Sport Extra is 121.

OK - I'll fess up - I had no clue either until 3 hours ago when I road-tested daughter's TV only to find myself in the middle of an Arsene interview running through his reprise of the whole Arsenal first team (pre Ozil). Haven't looked at the thing since the Euros but it has been a great free thing to stick in her room. Now they are test running their prospective pay-TV offering and the two channels you mention are in that potential new package offering. 'Next time' the announcer pontificates at the end of the Arsenal mag (not sure whether that means tomorrow or next week at about 3.00pm) it's an 'important London derby', so the programming is running about 3 weeks behind any time of relevance! Seems to be a football news/magazine programme on it as I write.

Can't find out much about scheduling of programmes on the net for GMM - particularly obtuse trendy media approach with lots of colour and no information; built for airheads with an attention span of a gnat. Anybody got a clue? - my comparison worksheet of what sports channels contain on True/CTH/GMM (work-in-progress attached) will be pinned on the footy thread when I'm happy I've got reasonably comprehensive information. Guess it's all hit and nmiss anyway of they are road testing only.

[Now it is Ronaldo scoring goals to the music of Shania Twain - utter bollux for the real footie fanbiggrin.png . I have serious misgivings whether England will be running when it gets to 1:45 amw00t.gif ].

Thai TV comparison Sports worksheet only 10sep13.pdf

Solid back 5 (I include Stevie G in that) performance rescues vital point for England, who never looked likely to score with that denuded set-up in a month of Sundays.

Luckily, Ukraine, for all their attractive sweeping build up play and clever one-twos, seemed bereft of ideas as to how to get it in the goal too. Our gunner pair were a bit disappointing I thought (though Jack is clearly not fully fit yet).

Lets hope Woy has more choices up front for the final two qualifiers.

So was it on GMM Club Channel?

In which case, for future reference you can check Thailand listings at www.livesoccertv.com

It got it right about Ch7 last week as well.

Yep ... smarty pants!

That's a he_ll of a link though Chicog - thanks. You should get Mr Bo to post it as a pinned thread

I don't know what you guys think but even if we get through to Brazil, we just ain't good enough to do well once we are there. For some reason we just don't know how to keep the ball as we don't seem to create options when we have it. Look at Spain for instance, when they have the ball they always have 1 or 2 options and play in triangles moving up the park. Nobody is ever isolated.

Therefore, I would use the experience of the older guys to get us through the next 2 games and then use the actual World Cup to blood the young one's giving them valuable big game experience going forward i.e. Euro 2016. Yeah we may not get as far in this world cup as we would using the older ones but I think it's worth sacrificing this one for the benefit of the future.

I don't know what you guys think but even if we get through to Brazil, we just ain't good enough to do well once we are there. For some reason we just don't know how to keep the ball as we don't seem to create options when we have it. Look at Spain for instance, when they have the ball they always have 1 or 2 options and play in triangles moving up the park. Nobody is ever isolated.

Therefore, I would use the experience of the older guys to get us through the next 2 games and then use the actual World Cup to blood the young one's giving them valuable big game experience going forward i.e. Euro 2016. Yeah we may not get as far in this world cup as we would using the older ones but I think it's worth sacrificing this one for the benefit of the future.

You just know Roy will play it safe and use the old heads, i would go a mixture you need a Gerrard and Lampard but not both in the same team, Lets face it we don't have the talent anymore.

Welbeck

Rooney Gerrard Zaha

Carrick Wilshire

Cole Cahill Ferdinand Richards

Amos

This would be my team

Welbeck

Rooney Gerrard Zaha

Carrick Wilshire

Amos

This would be my team

I know you're not being serious Nev....but stop trying to make the Owl look good. Please 55555. Amos in goal and Welbeck as no1 striker?????

You just know Roy will play it safe and use the old heads, i would go a mixture you need a Gerrard and Lampard but not both in the same team, Lets face it we don't have the talent anymore.

Welbeck

Rooney Gerrard Zaha

Carrick Wilshire

Amos

This would be my team

Not trying to split hairs nev but as Ferdinand is retired won't there be a gap there at the back biggrin.png

Welbeck

Rooney Gerrard Zaha

Carrick Wilshire

Amos

This would be my team

Not trying to split hairs nev but as Ferdinand is retired won't there be a gap there at the back biggrin.png

Who mentioned Riobiggrin.png

i had to look up who 'amos' is. manchester united's third-choice goalkeeper is the best in england is he nev?

Give youth a chance i say stevie, he might end up being better than calamity hart.

Every time i have seen him, the odd 1st team and mainly reserves he has looked good, just has 2 excellent keepers ahead of him at united.