Thebox.Bz

Ginkas

In Chiangmai using 3BB

Last night my connection to The Box, which I use to get UK TV programmes, ceased working.

This morning and all day cannot connect to www.thebox.bz - comes up "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

Tried 'downforeveryoneorjustme.com' and it says it's just me - site connectable.

Tried the site using a proxy and got the main page.

Anyone else able to get this, especially using 3BB and/or in Chiangmai?

Wonder if they are blocking access to the Olympics?

Or is it just me!

Edited by Ginkas

Thanks for that - so it's not just me.

Saw a post from yesterday so checked Pirate Bay and another torrent site - not that I use them but just to check.

They are not showing up either.

Not surprised about the torrent sites, but didn't think 'thebox.bz' was known by many non-Brits.

'Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not after you.'

Following MaprangHolmes post just tried contacting again.

TheBox and it's sister site TheEmpire still not accessible.

All my TV programmes from TheBox still showing red arrows in uTorrent.

Tried the 'usual' torrent sites, out of interest, one now showing(!) but PB is not.

thebox, theempire & thepiratebay all not working for me in my 3bb connection. All ok however with my True connection. If 3bb continue with this I'll definately cancel.

Lots of other, mostly private, torrent sites however are OK.

tracert on thebox.....

3bb & true show same destination IP 188.126.66.2

both trace up to & inc. 80.67.4.134 (portlane.net)

3bb times out after that while true continues to dest.

portlane seem to be blocking 3bb from continuing further. Your guess as good as mine why that is.

Edited by Keesters

Same with me, will not connect with 3bb Premier but fine using VPN. It looks like they are blocking it and if this continues I too will cancel.sad.png

My 3bb connection is a premier (3MB/1MB) one too. IP address 183.88.26.*

Only way I know of for portlane to block 3BB would be by IP address. That's why VPN works, portlane sees you on a non-3BB IP.

Like to know if this is happening on their regular connections as well which would be using different IP ranges

Did a tracert on thepiratebay.se and 3BB stops at the same portlane IP. A different routing might work but I don't know how to do that or even if I can control what route 3bb takes to go anywhere.

Edited by Keesters

I get the same result with Pirate Bay. What I cannot understand is why other people can open the site using other internet providers in Thailand unless their IP is routed differently. If you "Google 80.67.4.134 timed out" you will see lots of people having the same issues going back to May of this year and this blockage appears to come from Sweden if this is correct http://www.whoisstuff.net/ip-lookup.php?domain=80.67.4.134

thebox, thepiratebay, theempire all route through 80.67.4.134 on either my 3bb or my true connection. Difference is that True can pass forward while 3bb gets stuck there and times out. 80.67.4.134 seems to be located in Sweden. Why can some IPs pass and other IPs fail. Simple....80.67.4.134 appears to be blocking some, which includes 3BB, IP addresses while letting others, like True and some VPNs, pass. Not hard for 80.67.4.134 to work out who is who on the internet and block certain IP address ranges. The more important question to me is WHY and unless 3BB can come up with a solution they will lose a lot of customers.

Have just watched the Closing Ceremony ... downloaded the non-HD version this morning ... using a VPN and Vuse. It's been uploading all day so someone else wants to watch it. Can't say I was that impressed with what I saw ... probably OK if you were there though.

In Cnx stopped working 2 days ago. I just signed upto strongVPN, and could at least acess the sites to download, after 10 mins they all now seem to be timing out, even using VPN. Not impressed!

In Cnx stopped working 2 days ago. I just signed upto strongVPN, and could at least acess the sites to download, after 10 mins they all now seem to be timing out, even using VPN. Not impressed!

Back online baby!

Uploads have stopped, again.

Can access The Box website, but not TVChaosuk (which was reachable when this happened before).

PB does show up, whereas it didn't before.

It's getting confusing!!

Just an update and question.

Can access thebox website, no problems, but uploading and downloading TV programmes still minimal.

Got one connection yesterday, but that was to someone in Thailand!

Normally get about 12 - 15 connections at a time, now it's one occasionally.

Are others having problems actually seeding (using uTorrent),

and is this only 3BB or a wider issue?

User outside of Thailand don't seem to be having any problems.

Just an update and question.

Can access thebox website, no problems, but uploading and downloading TV programmes still minimal.

Got one connection yesterday, but that was to someone in Thailand!

Normally get about 12 - 15 connections at a time, now it's one occasionally.

Are others having problems actually seeding (using uTorrent),

and is this only 3BB or a wider issue?

User outside of Thailand don't seem to be having any problems.

I'm using the box every day in conjunction with Utorrent and rarely ever have any problems. I am with TOT.

Are you using a Box verified version of Utorrent? Version 1.8.2 is one version they do allow people to use to download and to seed. Other, newer version can lead to you being banned from their site as they are deemed unsuitable by The box. Read the FAQ on the site (if you have not done so already).

Currently I have 67 torrents running and my d/l speed is 473.

I do have one torrent from the Box that is red arrowed and that is Silk s02e01