High Season Weather

grumpyoldman

For those of us who are lucky enough to live here, we are enjoying some spectacular high season type weather.

Yesterday I was on the beach from 1:30-dusk, perfect day. Awesome sunset.

For those of you who are looking at this from somewhere far away, and for those Phuket bashers, sorry for you, for today is another beautiful one here.

• Like 1

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep just got our water bill over 700 baht last time it was that amount was January when we had 3 people stopping with us usually water bill is 400 baht

Definitely January/ February weather since the beginning of July, how long it will last is anyone's guess but it cannot last much longer

Yep just got our water bill over 700 baht last time it was that amount was January when we had 3 people stopping with us usually water bill is 400 baht

Definitely January/ February weather since the beginning of July, how long it will last is anyone's guess but it cannot last much longer

700 baht for water, wow. glad i have my own well. i had no idea water was that expensive.

we really need some rain and still nothing in the forecast for 2 weeks

700 baht for water, wow. glad i have my own well. i had no idea water was that expensive.

we really need some rain and still nothing in the forecast for 2 weeks

We have a large flower and vegetable garden compared to most people and are also topping up the pool every second day, only topped up the pool in January/ february before and not very often, a lot cheaper than when we were living in a apartment in Kata

2 People and 4 pot pats which my wife watered with the rinse water from the washing machine 500 baht a month supposed to be from meter reading

A few years back Bang Wad dam was almost bone dry at the end of October then a month of continuous rain filled it up in time for the high season. I wonder if the authorities ever revise the water volumes in the dams considering they must get less every year due to silting.

Has been odd weather this year. Odd downpours have not been the norm. When it rains it seems to rain for about ten days at a time, then after the rain good wether fo a few weeks until the next rainy period.

Shame it's been good weather for the past month as I have been out of Phuket.

Back in a couple of weeks and I will bring the rain with me. It does seem to have followed me a bit this year.

A few years back Bang Wad dam was almost bone dry at the end of October then a month of continuous rain filled it up in time for the high season. I wonder if the authorities ever revise the water volumes in the dams considering they must get less every year due to silting.

This is how it looked like few years back June 2010. How is the water level now?

post-58566-0-51651900-1344748921_thumb.j

post-58566-0-08906300-1344748936_thumb.j

Has been odd weather this year. Odd downpours have not been the norm. When it rains it seems to rain for about ten days at a time, then after the rain good wether fo a few weeks until the next rainy period.

Back in a couple of weeks and I will bring the rain with me. It does seem to have followed me a bit this year.

Very odd indeed as I washed the car yesterday which in the past has generally been a guarantee of rain.

• Like 1

Very odd indeed as I washed the car yesterday which in the past has generally been a guarantee of rain.

You might try going for a camping trip. tongue.png

Remember that tonight is the Perseid meteor shower maximum. The sky is clear and the shooting starts should be coming down in a rate of 60/hour.

Remember that tonight is the Perseid meteor shower maximum. The sky is clear and the shooting starts should be coming down in a rate of 60/hour.

I remembered, but it seems as though there's too much ambient light to see much of anything in the sky around here.

I remembered, but it seems as though there's too much ambient light to see much of anything in the sky around here.

Clear sky and no light pollution here, but no visible meteors yet. Maybe Leonids will be better.