Canadian Sisters.

blix99

No.

This is another murder case that appears to be swept under the carpet.

I recently discovered that the mother of Kirsty Jones, a 23-year-old Liverpool University graduate from Brecon, Wales, who was raped and murdered in the Arrie guesthouse, Chiang Mai, about 10 years ago, is offering a £10000 reward for any information that leads to the capture of Kirsty`s murderer/s. But so far this has led to nothing.

Than there was the murder of the backpacker Jayne Nixon, 26, whose body was discovered on a bed by a maid at the building in the popular backpacker district of Banglampu. Again, nothing.

So the list grows and there are rarely any updates.

A truly sad story losing two children in these circumstances, what makes these matters perhaps seem worse is the apparent lack of transparency in the actions of the Thai authorities, and their inability to update concerned parties.

link to the latest on this, http://www.thephuketnews.com/dad-alleges-cover-up-in-daughters-phi-phi-deaths-31639.php

• Like 1

No.

This is another murder case that appears to be swept under the carpet.

I recently discovered that the mother of Kirsty Jones, a 23-year-old Liverpool University graduate from Brecon, Wales, who was raped and murdered in the Arrie guesthouse, Chiang Mai, about 10 years ago, is offering a £10000 reward for any information that leads to the capture of Kirsty`s murderer/s. But so far this has led to nothing.

Than there was the murder of the backpacker Jayne Nixon, 26, whose body was discovered on a bed by a maid at the building in the popular backpacker district of Banglampu. Again, nothing.

So the list grows and there are rarely any updates.

The bodies were shipped back to Canada weeks ago and a further report was expected from Canadian authorities but so far as I have heard nothing yet. Seems they would have released some news if they had found something.

"Has anyone heard what the Canadian autopsy/toxicology determination is on the two unfortunate sisters who died in Phuket a few weeks back?"

Sorry, but nothing to do with Phuket.

Not Phuket, but Phi Phi is associated with Phuket. Yes I know it's Krabi Provence .....

The most recent news reports ---> http://www.thaivisa....tel-death-case/

and ---> http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/568774-canadian-sisters-deaths-probe-finds-more-information-but-no-clues/

"Has anyone heard what the Canadian autopsy/toxicology determination is on the two unfortunate sisters who died in Phuket a few weeks back?"

no steve,its to do with 2 girls who lost their lives,its to do with the fact it happens too often,its to do with anyone with kids on holiday here or living her,IT IS something to do with all of us. Sad comment

no steve,its to do with 2 girls who lost their lives,its to do with the fact it happens too often,its to do with anyone with kids on holiday here or living her,IT IS something to do with all of us. Sad comment

Yes, 2 girls sadly lost their lives. But that is no reason to connect this with Phuket.

• Like 1

Yes, 2 girls sadly lost their lives. But that is no reason to connect this with Phuket.

Phi Phi or Phuket, does it really matter? It is a Thai related story that many people want to know the outcome of.

Phi Phi or Phuket, does it really matter? It is a Thai related story that many people want to know the outcome of.

Yes, agree, many people would want to know the outcome of this. But Phuket is blamed for lots of things lately, sometimes rightly so, sometimes not rightly so. So yes, it matters very much that people know this did not happen on Phuket but on Phi Phi.

• Like 1

i read somewhere that it was from blow fish poisoning.

Many rumours/speculations, that is one of them.

Personally I think it was the cleaning of the room/mattress with chemicals, another of the rumours/speculations.

Steve has a business here = conflict of interests - nuff said!!!!

• Like 1

That is equally stupid thing to say as "If you don't like it here, go back to your home country farang".

This is an discussion forum. Everybody have their own agendas, whether they realize it or not. Opinions and statements have always unsaid background information and experiences. This applies to you, stevenl, me and everybody else.

If one does not agree with another opinion or statement, then there is few things to be done. One is to ignore it. Another thing is to write and explain why the statement was incorrect. The wrong way is to attack one's background or business.

Sorry, way off topic, but this annoyed me :)

I hope the root cause of the poisoning is found at some point as it might be a key to avoid similar things to happen later on.

That is equally stupid thing to say as "If you don't like it here, go back to your home country farang".

This is an discussion forum. Everybody have their own agendas, whether they realize it or not. Opinions and statements have always unsaid background information and experiences. This applies to you, stevenl, me and everybody else.

If one does not agree with another opinion or statement, then there is few things to be done. One is to ignore it. Another thing is to write and explain why the statement was incorrect. The wrong way is to attack one's background or business.

Sorry, way off topic, but this annoyed me smile.png

I hope the root cause of the poisoning is found at some point as it might be a key to avoid similar things to happen later on.

Thanks for that.

I'm single, never sent money for "sick buffalo", do not "own" property here and do not own a business here. If Thailand goes to <deleted> - no problem - pack my bag and go. That's the freedom I have. Nothing invested in this 3rd world country.

What's my agenda, do you think????????

Just calling it as I see it. No conflicts of interests.

Sure, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I stated mine. That's the privilege we all have as members of this forum.

The fact that I have no Thai Baht "invested" here, gives me objectivity. Can't say the same about some others on this forum.

Yes, off topic - so back to the two deceased sisters? It's been a long time and still no information as to the cause of their death.

Edited by NamKangMan

I'm single, never sent money for "sick buffalo", do not "own" property here and do not own a business here. If Thailand goes to <deleted> - no problem - pack my bag and go. That's the freedom I have. Nothing invested in this 3rd world country.

Sure, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I stated mine. That's the privilege we all have as members of this forum.

The fact that I have no Thai Baht "invested" here, gives me objectivity. Can't say the same about some others on this forum.

Yes, off topic - so back to the two deceased sisters? It's been a long time and still no information as to the cause of their death.

Objectivity? Really? Almost every post I read of yours seems to bash Phuket, which seems to be your main agenda on this forum...

I'm not a forensic expert nor do I have any medical eduction, but this investigation is not going well ( understatement). Anyone know what

the parents and all other people are waiting for? Is it some kind of test result or what? Please fill me in..

Objectivity? Really? Almost every post I read of yours seems to bash Phuket, which seems to be your main agenda on this forum...

So, we are back to the old "Phuket basher" or "rose coloured glasses" argument again.

I LIKE the climate here, the multiculturalism in the tourism here, the food, the sun, sea and sand, the affordability, the facilities, the internationally connected airport, the nightlife, the water sports etc etc etc etc. There are many reasons why I live here, but I am noticing "change" and in my opinion, that change is not for the good.

People are dying here, people are getting ripped off here, scammed here, assaulted here etc etc. Let's be honest, it's a dangerous place. Am I "bashing Phuket" if I post a negative comment on people getting killed in a fire, or getting hit by a speed boat (just this week's deaths) or am I simply stating that Phuket has some real "issues."

I've asked the question many times before, and never received an answer from anyone. I'll ask it again now. Maybe some of the more "optimistic" posters can answer.

Name one good thing that has been done for tourists, and tourism, on Phuket, in recent time????????

For the record, I still like it here, despite it's dangers and pitfalls, but if the place keeps going in the direction it is, I'm not sure I'll be here in 5 years. As I have previously stated, when criminals and "influential people" (yes - they are both the same) are running/managing the tourism industry here, what do you expect????

Sad to see Phuket, which has so much potential, being run this way.

Tend to agree that it's a recurring theme. But then, no financial investment, seemingly no emotional investment either. Can't be a conflict of interest because again, seemingly there is no interest. I would imagine that it's quite a shallow and sad existence here in those circumstances, and one wonders why.

Definately no conflict of interest - at all. There's no reason for me to "talk the place up" or "bash" the place either. Just calling a spade a spade - a lot of bad sh*t happens here. Many people go home financially ruined, or in a body bag. I still "promote" Phuket to friends back home to come over for a holiday - but do still down with them and advise them of the MANY negative things going on here.

No financial interest - why would I "buy" property that I can not own the land it sits on, purely because of my nationality???? Is my money for the purchases any different to a Thais money???? Why would I buy, or start a business here, when my money makes more in interest sitting in a foreign bank????

Emotional interest - why would I become romantically involved with a prostitute, or someone just showing me affection for payment???? I'm alone, but I'm not lonely.

I wouldn't do these things in my home country - why would I do these things here????

I call things as I see them. Of course, with "news" - if it bleeds, it leads. So, many articles in th PG, which go onto this forum, are negative.

Let's be honest, Phuket has a lot bad things happening here, and in my opinion, a lot more than before. You may call me a "Phuket basher" that's fine, but I can guarantee you, unlike some, I have no conflict of interest.

On this topic, it is very noticable, when a tragic event happens, that certain members go very quiet on this forum. Bit hard to be so positive about Phuket when every second thread, just about on a daily basis, is about death, injury, robbery etc.

So, we are back to the old "Phuket basher" or "rose coloured glasses" argument again.

I LIKE the climate here, the multiculturalism in the tourism here, the food, the sun, sea and sand, the affordability, the facilities, the internationally connected airport, the nightlife, the water sports etc etc etc etc. There are many reasons why I live here, but I am noticing "change" and in my opinion, that change is not for the good.

People are dying here, people are getting ripped off here, scammed here, assaulted here etc etc. Let's be honest, it's a dangerous place. Am I "bashing Phuket" if I post a negative comment on people getting killed in a fire, or getting hit by a speed boat (just this week's deaths) or am I simply stating that Phuket has some real "issues."

I've asked the question many times before, and never received an answer from anyone. I'll ask it again now. Maybe some of the more "optimistic" posters can answer.

Name one good thing that has been done for tourists, and tourism, on Phuket, in recent time????????

For the record, I still like it here, despite it's dangers and pitfalls, but if the place keeps going in the direction it is, I'm not sure I'll be here in 5 years. As I have previously stated, when criminals and "influential people" (yes - they are both the same) are running/managing the tourism industry here, what do you expect????

Sad to see Phuket, which has so much potential, being run this way.

No to your first sentence. I am not arguing anything. I am making an observation about what you post. You seem to be a glass half empty type of person by what I read. Oh course things in Phuket aren't the way they used to be. I liked it much better when I moved here in 2005, that's a given. Now, there are more tourists and Thai people from all over who are after the tourist's money! As I have posted many times over the years, I could care less about tourists. I would be very happy without them. So enjoy it before it gets worse, as we all know it will...

Tend to agree that it's a recurring theme. But then, no financial investment, seemingly no emotional investment either. Can't be a conflict of interest because again, seemingly there is no interest. I would imagine that it's quite a shallow and sad existence here in those circumstances, and one wonders why.

Definately no conflict of interest - at all. There's no reason for me to "talk the place up" or "bash" the place either. Just calling a spade a spade - a lot of bad sh*t happens here. Many people go home financially ruined, or in a body bag. I still "promote" Phuket to friends back home to come over for a holiday - but do still down with them and advise them of the MANY negative things going on here.

No financial interest - why would I "buy" property that I can not own the land it sits on, purely because of my nationality???? Is my money for the purchases any different to a Thais money???? Why would I buy, or start a business here, when my money makes more in interest sitting in a foreign bank????

Emotional interest - why would I become romantically involved with a prostitute, or someone just showing me affection for payment???? I'm alone, but I'm not lonely.

I wouldn't do these things in my home country - why would I do these things here????

I call things as I see them. Of course, with "news" - if it bleeds, it leads. So, many articles in th PG, which go onto this forum, are negative.

Let's be honest, Phuket has a lot bad things happening here, and in my opinion, a lot more than before. You may call me a "Phuket basher" that's fine, but I can guarantee you, unlike some, I have no conflict of interest.

On this topic, it is very noticable, when a tragic event happens, that certain members go very quiet on this forum. Bit hard to be so positive about Phuket when every second thread, just about on a daily basis, is about death, injury, robbery etc.

I cant anything else than agree with you!

@ Jimi

That's a fair call Jimi. I agree most of my posts dwell on the criminal management of Phuket, and the resulting consequences.

I am a "glass half full" guy in real life, but as stated, when most threads/news is negative on Phuket, it's a bit hard to post something positive.

You get the odd story about a dolphin that beached itself being taken out to sea and living. That's great. :)

For someone who is a "glass half full" person, the last sentence of your post is interesting. Could it be that we actually agree????

Some posts dont need Phuket bashing(NKM) or Phuket promotion(steveni) all forums on any topic can get personal there is however posts that need that input. We are all big boys now we can make up our own mind

Ca La Vie

Edited by jocko