Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin Will Not Speak At Gop Convention

News_Editor

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will not speak at GOP convention < br />

2012-08-13 08:41:45 GMT+7 (ICT)

WASHINGTON, D.C. (BNO NEWS) -- Former U.S. vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin on Sunday said she will not speak at the Republican National Convention in Florida later this month, saying she will instead focus on rallying in support of candidates for the U.S. Congress.

Palin, 48, who previously served as the Governor of Alaska and was U.S. Senator John McCain's vice presidential nominee during the 2008 presidential elections, said she continues to support Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his newly announced running mate, Congressman Paul Ryan.

"This year is a good opportunity for other voices to speak at the convention and I'm excited to hear them," Palin said in a brief statement distributed by Fox News. "As I've repeatedly said, I support Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan in their efforts to replace President Obama at the ballot box, and I intend to focus on grassroots efforts to rally Independents and the GOP base to elect Senate and House members so a wise Congress is ready to work with our new President to get our country back on the right path."

She added: "Everything I said at the 2008 convention about then-candidate Obama still stands today, and in fact the predictions made about the very unqualified and inexperienced Community Organizer's plans to 'fundamentally transform' our country are unfortunately coming true."

The Republican National Convention will be held in Tampa, Florida, between August 27 and August 30 and will feature a number of high-profile Republican figures as speakers. Among those confirmed to be speakers are former presidential candidates John McCain and Rick Santorum. Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee and former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice will also speak.

During the convention, which will host 2,286 delegates and 2,125 alternative delegates, the Republican Party will formally choose its presidential nominee to face incumbent Democratic President Barack Obama. The Republican National Committee previously declared Mitt Romney the party's presumptive nominee.

The U.S. presidential election is scheduled to be held on November 6.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-08-13

I don't like her. She is not particularly bright (although far from stupid despite how the left has demonized her). She quit as governor after not finishing her term. She is about as qualified for high office as Barrack Obama - but that is not nearly enough. I don't know why she was nominated for VP or why she is considered a leader at all. It is much better if she stays away from the Republican convention as he just hurts the candidates with moderate voters.

• Like 1

I think her decision not to run in the primary's and her relative silence now is all part of a grand political master plan to wait another 4 years , knowing that Obama will be hard to defeat, then throw her hat in the ring as the republican nomination. One term presidents are few and far between in modern day politics and she knows it. Eight years after the first African American was elected President of the USA it may well be prime time for the first female president to move into the White House. ph34r.png

• Like 1

Obama will not be that hard to beat after the worst recovery in U.S. history, 42 consecutive months of 8-plus percent unemployment, declining economic growth and all achieved at a price of an additional $5 trillion of accumulated debt. After Romney and Ryan give him the boot Palin will have both of them to contend with.

If Obama does survive somehow, Hillary Clinton has a much better chance of being the first woman to be elected president than Palin.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Obama will not be that hard to beat after the worst recovery in U.S. history, 42 consecutive months of 8-plus percent unemployment, declining economic growth and all achieved at a price of an additional $5 trillion of accumulated debt. After Romney and Ryan give him the boot Palin will have both of them to contend with.

If Obama does survive somehow, Hillary Clinton has a much better chance of being the first woman to be elected president than Palin.

Yes. I read this post almost word for word in the Mitt Romney running mate thread. Hahaha giggle.gif . A little repetitive don't you think ? saai.gif zzzzzz

Palin is unelectable now. For Mayor of Wasilla. For Governor of Alaska. For Prez. She was the top leader of the anyone but Romney republican tea party movement. Of course, it would be crazy to have her speak at the Romneystock. I was wondering when it would happen but it happened. She's OUT. And she won't get back in. Some good news in that. She and her bizarre family are where they need to be for themselves anyway. Very rich now and fodder for reality television.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes. I read this post almost word for word in the Mitt Romney running mate thread. Hahaha giggle.gif . A little repetitive don't you think ? saai.gif zzzzzz

You mean like your silly and repetitive, lame excuses for Julian Assange jumping bail in that thread? laugh.png

Lets not get personal.

You guys make me laugh. Where has the debt come from and why is it accumulating so quickly? How do you even contemplate reducing the deficit when you could never make the cutbacks or increase taxes enough to make a dent in it?

• Like 1

Let me share some fortune cookie wisdom with you; Don't count your chickens before they hatch............

Let me share some fortune cookie wisdom with you; Don't count your chickens before they hatch............

Yes especially as incumbent presidents usually win.

The GOP probably offered her a speaking spot that she felt was not worthy of her genius, so she won't speak. The GOP may not be so stupid after all. No need to remind America of the embarrassment of Palin. She can go to her perch at FOX and complain about the "lamestream" media, all the while trying to secure TV reality shows for her family.

Umm George Bush the elder, Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford lost. giggle.gif

By not speaking, she will likely help the Republicans immensely.

In order to speak, you must first be invited. I believe that Sarah Palin has been a thorn in the side of the republican party since the 2008 campaign. Best to leave sleeping dogs lie, or in this case, the whack-a-doddle from Alaska.

I think her decision not to run in the primary's and her relative silence now is all part of a grand political master plan to wait another 4 years , knowing that Obama will be hard to defeat, then throw her hat in the ring as the republican nomination. One term presidents are few and far between in modern day politics and she knows it. Eight years after the first African American was elected President of the USA it may well be prime time for the first female president to move into the White House. ph34r.png

Perhaps, but if SP gains the republican nomination to run for POTUS in 2016, there will be a lot of Americans running for the border to get away from the lunacy.

You guys make me laugh. Where has the debt come from and why is it accumulating so quickly? How do you even contemplate reducing the deficit when you could never make the cutbacks or increase taxes enough to make a dent in it?

So you would just let the system implode without even making an effort to curb spending?

There are billions being wasted in the Federal Government in the US. Much of which cannot even be tracked due to poor accounting discipline. I could post links to articles where the federal government has lost / misplaced billions and trillions of USD, all without oversight and auditing. Nobody is minding the store as this sort of crap goes on from administration to administration, no matter what party is in power. All they know is to ask for more, more, more with little regard to fiscal responsibility. I know because I worked inside the system in DC for decades.

The debt has escalated directly due to Obama's policies and the fed continuing to provide stimulus to the economy, which hasn't helped one iota. The only group to benefit from the stimulus are the bankers and the equity markets. It did absolutely zero work the working class. So if the current administration wants to help the middle / lower class Americans, they need a different strategy.

The only answer is to throw all of the bums out on their ass and start over. Make PAC contributions illegal, along will all corporate lobbyists. Then and only then would any for a integrity return to the hallowed halls of the House.

• Like 2

A good indepth comment. I have a problem thinking the target is as sharp.

No president with more than 8 percent unemployment has won since World War 2.

Perhaps, no previous president. Obama and Biden will surprise once the US electorate gets its back up once it sees a few months of the tea party bullying in full swing.

Assume that the R&R ticket wins, and maybe the GOP gains the senate. Then what? There will be enough Democrats in both the HoR and Senate to filibuster the Republican agenda just as the Republicans did to the Democrats and the USA will have more gridlock. Another 2 years will pass with more dysfunction and then the electorate will vote the Democrats back in control of the Congress. The result would be a lameduck president at odds with Congress and the nation.

Perhaps, no previous president. Obama and Biden will surprise once the US electorate gets its back up

Remember this? biggrin.png

Perhaps, no previous president. Obama and Biden will surprise once the US electorate gets its back up once it sees a few months of the tea party bullying in full swing.

Assume that the R&R ticket wins, and maybe the GOP gains the senate. Then what? There will be enough Democrats in both the HoR and Senate to filibuster the Republican agenda just as the Republicans did to the Democrats and the USA will have more gridlock. Another 2 years will pass with more dysfunction and then the electorate will vote the Democrats back in control of the Congress. The result would be a lameduck president at odds with Congress and the nation.

Uh, just for the record:

There is no filibuster allowed n the House of Representatives.

Under the rules of Reconciliation in the Senate, budgetary bills cannot be filibustered and do not fall under the 60 vote rule.

Your hypothesis has no legs.

Sure, if they're Republican. Clinton was the first Democrat president since FDR to win a second term. During that time, Republican presidents to win 2nd terms, Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan and Bush 43.

• Like 1