My Love

StreetCowboy

My love is like a red, red nose,

By alcohol distended.

And so poetic romance arose

And equally quickly ended.

Soutar Johnny

And more to the point, she disappeared without trace while I was composing...

like Lenin

Should I have posted this in the Revisionist's Thread?

It's all a bit 1984... I might take a short break now...

SC

EDIT: truth replaced with poetry, as so often before...

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 2

I nose exactly what you mean...

Cut off in full flow.

Like a nasal congestant; like a wad of tissue in a nasal haemorrhage

Anyway, on the bright side, I've had twice as much to drink as I'd planned, so we'll not be getting into trouble on that score

I've just picked up a Blackthorn, by the way, and it is nice and refreshing, and I worry it might have given me a second wind, though I am lucky I don't smoke

SC

Cut off in full flow.

Anyway, on the bright side, I've had twice as much to drink as I'd planned, so we'll not be getting into trouble on that score

I've just picked up a Blackthorn, by the way, and it is nice and refreshing, and I worry it might have given me a second wind, though I am lucky I don't smoke

SC

I had two bottles of Scrumpy , Old Tractor ,on saturday nighy , just to wash down the other apple beer an ale > Urp

Cut off in full flow.

SC

I had two bottles of Scrumpy , Old Tractor ,on saturday nighy , just to wash down the other apple beer an ale > Urp

I've tried to teach my son to drink pink diesel in preference to scrumpy, and not to do what I have done...

The bar staff in Sid's seem to have been curiously afflicted with blindness; maybe they're optimists, seeing my glass as 'not quite full', rather than 'empty as a politician's promise'. At least he's not deaf...

SC

Cut off in full flow.

SC

I've tried to teach my son to drink pink diesel in preference to scrumpy, and not to do what I have done...

The bar staff in Sid's seem to have been curiously afflicted with blindness; maybe they're optimists, seeing my glass as 'not quite full', rather than 'empty as a politician's promise'. At least he's not deaf...

SC

That's right spoil the lad with marine diesel .

Just glad to see the poetic licensing laws have been relaxed for now.

But for how much longer?

The revolution starts at closing time

There's nowt awry w'lock-in, lad. Start at the higher shelves and work yez way doon to ground level.

Go for the Brooke's and the Wordsworth's first, then the Tennyson's and you'll leave the Yeats 'til last if yer know what's guid fer ye.

Ah do like a nice drop of Blake but not on an empty stomach.

Edited by SimonD

I had to drink more, and post about it, because we could not discuss moderation* **.

SC

* A terrible blow to those of us with an interest in the administraton of the Church of Scotland, by the way

** Does anybodee know how long to world war three? I gotta know I wanna book me holidee

Edited by StreetCowboy

I had to drink more, and post about it, because we could not discuss moderation*.

SC

* A terrible blow to those of us with an interest in the administraton of the Church of Scotland, by the way

I blame the winkle pickers and scooters , never mind smocks and bobs .

I have a good excuse. Still wetting the head of my new son. Had a great post composed but the magic appeared and not allowed. As they C'est la vie

Congratulationssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! clap2.gifdrunk.gif