Rowdy Rally Forces Thaksin To Cancel Meeting In Los Angeles

webfact

"They held up signs with malicious messages like 'Thug-sin, go to hell, go to jail', 'Convicted fugitive', and 'Wanted criminal'.

Well, I see where a sign like 'Thug-sin, go to hell, go to jail' could be construed as a malicious message, but just can't accord that label to 'convicted fugitive' or 'wanted criminal'. It's simply the truth, ain't it?

Well done, US-Thais! clap2.gifclap2.gif

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's an inspired move; the Great Coward taking his infamous disappearing act on tour. Wonderful.

Where is the next destination he'll be showing his amazing avoidance skills? (Or not, as it were)

He's racking up the air miles...

After his aborted appearance in Los Angeles, the Daily News has him flying back cross-country to Washington, DC... allegedly to meet American politicians.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__5568676

Are the yellow shirts now causing problems in the U.S? What next a blockade of the Los Angeles Airport? I bet that if 2,000 Americans conducted themselves the same way in Thailand they would quickly be rounded up, thrown into jail and deported.

No kidding; another example of Thai double standards. If they want to protest they should do it in their own country.

How would they react if a couple thousand westerners converged on wireless road to protest Obama or Bush etc? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Are the yellow shirts now causing problems in the U.S? What next a blockade of the Los Angeles Airport? I bet that if 2,000 Americans conducted themselves the same way in Thailand they would quickly be rounded up, thrown into jail and deported.

Which US fugitive is planning to visit Thailand?

Have a stroll down walking street in Pattaya or come visit Phuket, you are bound to met a few.

Difference hough, is that the fugitives in Thailand were not convicted in a politically influenced trial, but were nailed for things like pedophilia, theft, and violent crime.

Influenced to actually act on it and convict, is not the same as not having verified facts to convict with.

Thaksin was convicted, he broke the rules and paid the price. He also did not bother to use his final appeal.

We all got to read the verdict and it's logic.

Some disagree with it, so it must be political, but that doesn't make it so.

He is making it appear political because that is the only argument leg he has to stand on.

But the OTHER cases against him are his real worry,

since they would be the equivalent of life in prison at his age.

And his response to all of them is to try and fix it with more politics.

Since that is all he understands.

• Like 1

On the contrary, it shows he puts public safety ahead of his outreach activity.

I commend Dr. Thaksin for his consideration of the safety of others.

Shame he didn't think like that back in 2010, eh?

Spot on, and 2009 too. "...consideration of the safety of others...",

is very low on his list of priorities, and that is obvious.

He was more worried about being seen as the CAUSE of a street riot in USA,

and then getting booted as a trouble maker.

Edited by animatic

Interesting that the world at large is aware of the Thaksin crime syndication yet majority of Thai's can't see it... rolleyes.gif

If you are comparing the actions of "PAD followers from the city and as far away as Las Vegas and Colorado assembled on both sides of the street in front of the venue." as the "world at large" then you might have a point. The fact is that as it was only a couple of hundred noisy thais that stopped one meeting from going ahead in LA, I think there's a way to go yet before you convince the "world at large" of the existence of a "Thaksin crime syndication".

Just out of interest for those of you who are constantly pointing out the small venues and numbers attending Dr.Thaksins meetings in this "most Thai" of cities in America with the "biggest concentration of Thais outside Thailand" doesn't it strike you as odd that the most anti-Thaksin support you get is a couple of hundred Thais (with a fair sprinkling of foreigner amongst them) and even then had to get them from as far away as Las Vegas and Colorado ?

Probably not, bring on more pictures and funny captions..................coffee1.gif

Actually the text said 'Thai people from those areas and some yellow shirts.'

The yellow shirts were joined by many other Americans at their rally against Thaksin.

It is spurious to claim all who oppose Thaksin are yellow shirts.

I know several in USA with no colored shirt affiliations at all,

who detest Thaksin, and nothing to do with an yellow manipulations of media.

Somewhere between 250 and 500 protestors in view, with 60 pro-Thaksin reported inside.

So that's between 4.1 to 1 or 8.3 to 1 ratio of Anti-Thaksin to Pro-Thaksin to.

Clearly that is a significant ratio against Thaksin. Embarrassing.

Using the 2,000 number mooted in one paper that's 33 to 1 against.

Edited by animatic

Interesting that the world at large is aware of the Thaksin crime syndication yet majority of Thai's can't see it... rolleyes.gif

If you are comparing the actions of "PAD followers from the city and as far away as Las Vegas and Colorado assembled on both sides of the street in front of the venue." as the "world at large" then you might have a point. The fact is that as it was only a couple of hundred noisy thais that stopped one meeting from going ahead in LA, I think there's a way to go yet before you convince the "world at large" of the existence of a "Thaksin crime syndication".

Just out of interest for those of you who are constantly pointing out the small venues and numbers attending Dr.Thaksins meetings in this "most Thai" of cities in America with the "biggest concentration of Thais outside Thailand" doesn't it strike you as odd that the most anti-Thaksin support you get is a couple of hundred Thais (with a fair sprinkling of foreigner amongst them) and even then had to get them from as far away as Las Vegas and Colorado ?

Probably not, bring on more pictures and funny captions..................coffee1.gif

You doubt the existence of the "Thaksin crime syndication"? Can you point out ANY government whose members are facing more criminal charges, even not counting those owned by the puppet master? And every week or so there's a new charge to face. Soon they'll have to convert parliament house to a prison so PTP can maintain their majority.

• Like 2

I think it's an inspired move; the Great Coward taking his infamous disappearing act on tour. Wonderful.

Where is the next destination he'll be showing his amazing avoidance skills? (Or not, as it were)

On the contrary, it shows he puts public safety ahead of his outreach activity.

I commend Dr. Thaksin for his consideration of the safety of others.

GK. Your tongue MUST be firmly in your cheek.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

• Like 1

I am not sure you could get 5 Anericans turn out for a US fugitive visiting Thailand, unless maybe they jumped bail and then Dog the Bounty Hunter and his crew might be there.

• Like 1

What comes around go's around, Mr "T", you are as guilty as hell, what country would tolerate someone being held on corruption charges, being let out to go to a Olympic games, on the promise to return , gives a new meaning to the term , not guilty till proven, what a bloody farce.cheesy.gif

No kidding; another example of Thai double standards. If they want to protest they should do it in their own country.

Many, if not most, of the protesters are protesting in their own country, aka USA.

Lucky for them, I have heard from many Thais regarding citizens of their own country (namely Sikh Indians); "I don't care if they have lived in Thailand for a thousand years, they are not Thai nor are any of their offspring."

Good thing Americans are more enlightened and less xenophobic then, I hope they are appreciative.

There are plenty already here. Probably 1000s.

I am not sure you could get 5 Anericans turn out for a US fugitive visiting Thailand, unless maybe they jumped bail and then Dog the Bounty Hunter and his crew might be there.

Civilised countries who believe in convictions and not rumours would not let "Dog the Bounty Hunter" sully their shores

Duane 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' Chapman barred from UK

US TV presenter's Celebrity Big Brother appearance in doubt after he is denied visa over 1976 murder conviction

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/aug/12/duane-dog-bounty-hunter-uk

Many, if not most, of the protesters are protesting in their own country, aka USA.

Lucky for them, I have heard from many Thais regarding citizens of their own country (namely Sikh Indians); "I don't care if they have lived in Thailand for a thousand years, they are not Thai nor are any of their offspring."

Good thing Americans are more enlightened and less xenophobic then, I hope they are appreciative.

American Indians didn't fair so well but we're veering off topic.................

• Like 2

How would they react if a couple thousand westerners converged on wireless road to protest Obama or Bush etc? I think we all know the answer to that one.

There have been numerous protests outside foreign embassies in Bangkok in the past without interference. Many of the Thais protesting in the US have citizenship.

In Los Angeles, the former PM was scheduled to hold "An Easy Talk with Thaksin" for local media and red-shirt supporters at the Thailand Plaza food court on Hollywood Street.

Ah yes, world famous Hollywood Street.

• Like 2

The American Thais in the U.S. and the ones which have settled in other western countries are not of the same mentality of the Thais living i

Thailand.

Many of them that are students in the Universities in the west see the opportunies available to them in western countries and have no

desire to come back to their native country.

What on earth is there to come back to? No Rule of Law, Convicted Murderers being released on bail, Nepotism up and down the line, substandard pay. No hope for any future, coffee1.gif

i think you underestimate the pull of a good bowl of noodles

• Like 1

Burmese activists have a long history of doing so in Thailand. But that doesn't fit well with your argument does it?

As for farangs in Thailand, there has been a long history of abject failure amongst the barstool types to organise anything more than a 'farang association of Thailand' which is held at the local subway in lower Sukhumvit. The traditional pattern is that after the first three meetings the association dies due to lack of interest and things to complain about. The civil rights movement, they ain't, and perhaps more akin to the political equivelent of the 'man flu' in terms of things to complain about.

Geez more than likely most demonstrators where american citizens. It is their country.
  • Like 1

Quite possibly Australia, disguised as a Somalian taxi driver or a mufftie, Australia has been known to accidentally harbour crims,so big "T" is in with a chance ,Hitler applied once, but was knocked back because he walk with a limp coffee1.gif

I think if he went to the Falklands, the penguins would throw rocks at him.

Umm are you sure that would be akin to throwing gold and jewels at him. Penguins present the female with a stone (rock) to get her into the nest which they also built with stones. Unless Thaskin (Lovelace) aroused the sexual desire and admoration in the penguins I doubt he would have to many rocks thrown at him.wink.png

Yes off topic I know but I couldn't resist.