Rowdy Rally Forces Thaksin To Cancel Meeting In Los Angeles

webfact

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I Think the US immigration should kick him out.

He is obviously working without a Green Card.

Also he is promoting communist ideology and deliberately suturing up political discontent.

He has clearly broken the legal conditions of his visa.

He is a trouble maker with an agenda and is clearly "NOT on holiday as a tourist"

• Like 1

Are the yellow shirts now causing problems in the U.S? What next a blockade of the Los Angeles Airport? I bet that if 2,000 Americans conducted themselves the same way in Thailand they would quickly be rounded up, thrown into jail and deported.

There would be no need for these actions in the US. Thankfully in any Western country with the exception of Italy, someone who had committed even a fraction of the crimes Thaksin has would already be in prison and would stay there for many years.

But the US has granted him a visa and let him in?

• Like 1

Interesting that the world at large is aware of the Thaksin crime syndication yet majority of Thai's can't see it... rolleyes.gif

If you are comparing the actions of "PAD followers from the city and as far away as Las Vegas and Colorado assembled on both sides of the street in front of the venue." as the "world at large" then you might have a point. The fact is that as it was only a couple of hundred noisy thais that stopped one meeting from going ahead in LA, I think there's a way to go yet before you convince the "world at large" of the existence of a "Thaksin crime syndication".

Just out of interest for those of you who are constantly pointing out the small venues and numbers attending Dr.Thaksins meetings in this "most Thai" of cities in America with the "biggest concentration of Thais outside Thailand" doesn't it strike you as odd that the most anti-Thaksin support you get is a couple of hundred Thais (with a fair sprinkling of foreigner amongst them) and even then had to get them from as far away as Las Vegas and Colorado ?

Probably not, bring on more pictures and funny captions..................coffee1.gif

Actually the text said 'Thai people from those areas and some yellow shirts.'

The yellow shirts were joined by many other Americans at their rally against Thaksin.

It is spurious to claim all who oppose Thaksin are yellow shirts.

I know several in USA with no colored shirt affiliations at all,

who detest Thaksin, and nothing to do with an yellow manipulations of media.

Somewhere between 250 and 500 protestors in view, with 60 pro-Thaksin reported inside.

So that's between 4.1 to 1 or 8.3 to 1 ratio of Anti-Thaksin to Pro-Thaksin to.

Clearly that is a significant ratio against Thaksin. Embarrassing.

Using the 2,000 number mooted in one paper that's 33 to 1 against.

It could also be said that, if the sentence was taken literally, that it is also spurious to claim that ANY of the protesters were Thai. The actual text as quoted, "The yellow shirts were joined by many OTHER Americans at their rally against Thaksin"

However it's likely just not so good word smithing by the OP.

Cheers

Are the yellow shirts now causing problems in the U.S? What next a blockade of the Los Angeles Airport? I bet that if 2,000 Americans conducted themselves the same way in Thailand they would quickly be rounded up, thrown into jail and deported.

Which US fugitive is planning to visit Thailand?

Have a stroll down walking street in Pattaya or come visit Phuket, you are bound to met a few.

Difference hough, is that the fugitives in Thailand were not convicted in a politically influenced trial, but were nailed for things like pedophilia, theft, and violent crime.

"Poitically influenced trial" - does that mean the theft, fraud, perjury don't count?

My Big Question: How much did Thaksin "donate" to BO's campaign to get a visa??? BO and Thaksin are birds of the same corrupt feather. As an American, I am ashamed this jackwagon was allowed in the US without being arrested and deported.

My Big Question: How much did Thaksin "donate" to BO's campaign to get a visa??? BO and Thaksin are birds of the same corrupt feather. As an American, I am ashamed this jackwagon was allowed in the US without being arrested and deported.

I seriously doubt Thaksin gave anything. As an Obama supporter of course I don't agree with everything that the government does under his administration. That's an unrealistic expectation of any president.
  • Like 1

Not much I guess.....I had once contacts to politics and such things are incredible cheap.....

As an American, I am ashamed this jackwagon was allowed in the US without being arrested and deported.

Me too but I admire the Thai-Americans for hounding him wherever he goes there.

are they Thais or Americans? Can you be both?

Just curious.

Causing problems??

All they are doing is showing Thaksin up for what he is ie: a fugitive on the run who should be in jail in Thailand and not visiting the USA - by holding a peaceful protest with NO THREATS or INTIMIDATION, unlike 'red protests' whereby anyone who disagrees with their mistaken beliefs is haranged.

Well done the PAD for letting the Americans know that he is despised by many of the Thai people for what he has done to Thailand.

I am waiting for the ignorants to wake up and realise what Thaksin is all about, but feel that they are too stupid and gullible to ever get the message!! The crazy thing is that it is their most fervent supporters (minus those on the make) that are suffering the consequences of this abject PTP government's performance!!

As an American, I am ashamed this jackwagon was allowed in the US without being arrested and deported.

Just curious.

Yes. You can.

Just curious.

Can you be both? Certainly. That is what western countries are all about. Immigration.

BUT-Thailand for the Thais.

French & Indo Canadians, Greek Cypriots etc. But in this case I believe the Thais are proud to be Americans of Thai origin showing their displeasure with Thaksin or supporting him as the case may be.

There would be no need for these actions in the US. Thankfully in any Western country with the exception of Italy, someone who had committed even a fraction of the crimes Thaksin has would already be in prison and would stay there for many years.

But the US has granted him a visa and let him in?

Yes agree sounds really crazy ! w00t.gif

Edited by sandro

The following might help any debate as to the way in which each side in this 'stuggle' might see the other:

There's an annual contest at Griffiths University, Australia, calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.

This year's term was 'political correctness'.

The winning student wrote:-

'Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media,

which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.'

• Like 1

quote name='jerrysteve' timestamp='1344903505' post='5569724']

No one would get away with a blockade of any Airport in the U.S. or any western country.

They would arrest them and throw them in Jail in a New York minute.coffee1.gif

I remember a very popular video doing the rounds at that time of some old American guy stating eloquently his admiration for how well behaved and peaceful the PAD were conducting their protest and how they could teach the Americans a thing or too in this regard. Perhaps you'd care to look it up? And lose the smug I-m-so-bored emoticon. Edited by bosunhiggs

Jackwagon???? Anything like a chuckwagon?

Jackwagon???? Anything like a chuckwagon?

Urban Dictionary: jackwagon

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jackwagon

a crybaby loser pussy-type who needs to grow some cajones and start acting like a man.

"The USA isn't xenophobic like Thailand. It's a nation of immigrants. Also, in Thailand it is illegal for foreigners to participate in public political demonstrations. I would say that's another symptom of xenophobia, nothing to brag about."

Well said, and if I ultimately choose to live in the US rather than Thailand, this is the reason.

"are they Thais or Americans? Can you be both?

Just curious."

Every American, with the exception of the few remaining Native Americans, are something-American. I'm German-American. The next guy's Irish-Italian-American or African-American or Mexican-American, Chinese-American or Thai-American.

I've met plenty of Thais who can't seem to wrap their heads around this.

I Think the US immigration should kick him out.

He is obviously working without a Green Card.

Also he is promoting communist ideology and deliberately suturing up political discontent.

He has clearly broken the legal conditions of his visa.

He is a trouble maker with an agenda and is clearly "NOT on holiday as a tourist"

As you seem to know please explain exactly what type of visa he is actually on and the actual freedoms that visa provides. What conditions of his visa has he "CLEARLY" broken. Could you please also post a copy of his visa that you apparently have in front of you on here so we all can share in this information. Thank you for your assistance.

• Like 1

It's obvious that Thaksin was opposed by significant numbers of American Thais during his recent attempt to build influence among the overseas Thai community in the USA.

I don't know why the American authorities let him in.

One thing I do know, however, is that I am enjoying his obvious discomfiture, just as I am enjoying the discomfiture of various lickspittle Thaksinistas like GK and PPD. It feels......good.