Rowdy Rally Forces Thaksin To Cancel Meeting In Los Angeles

webfact

If you don't like it prepare a credible manifesto and wait for the next general election.

A credible manifesto?

History has shown that the main voter base do not vote for a credible manifesto, they vote for pie in the sky promises and an envelope of cash.

What is the next PTP credible manifesto going to contain to beat the last one.... a free pony for all girls under fifteen?

Credible manifesto my backside.

how many people do you think got envelopes of cash to vote ptp? i'm interested to hear your opinion of a figure.

Practically every Thai national I know, have spoken to or seen.

Yourself?

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you don't like it prepare a credible manifesto and wait for the next general election.

A credible manifesto?

History has shown that the main voter base do not vote for a credible manifesto, they vote for pie in the sky promises and an envelope of cash.

What is the next PTP credible manifesto going to contain to beat the last one.... a free pony for all girls under fifteen?

how many people do you think got envelopes of cash to vote ptp? i'm interested to hear your opinion of a figure.

Practically every Thai national I know, have spoken to or seen.

Yourself?

so every thai you have ever seen has been personally paid to vote? laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

and do you ask every thai national you speak to?

or is that just hyperbole?

mmmm

Edited by nurofiend
  • Like 1

A credible manifesto?

Just a side note here (not too far off topic I hope)..... There were elections for local MP's recently and a very red district ended up voting for a dem MP... Reason? No envelopes were forthcoming from the red MP(s) on the ballot. The price? 100 baht per vote. Fact.

so every thai you have ever seen has been personally paid to vote? laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

mmmm

Yep.

And I don't ask, they tell, it's very common talk, gossip, he paid this etc ..... if you are unaware of this, then you are unaware of this.

mmmm

Yep.

And I don't ask, they tell, it's very common talk, gossip, he paid this etc ..... if you are unaware of this, then you are unaware of this.

i'm not unaware of the existence of vote buying and i'm not denying that it happens.

but your answer was "Practically every Thai national I know, have spoken to or seen"

which means you think (practically) every thai national gets paid cash to vote, and it's hyperbolic bs.

so do you want to give me an estimated figure like i asked you for on how many you think got paid cash to vote in 2011?

Edited by nurofiend

BANGKOK — Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has been visiting the United States on his first trip to the country since he was ousted in a coup in 2006.

His opponents have been demanding Washington revoke his visa and extradite the former leader to Thailand, where he faces jail time for conflict of interest charges from his time as leader.

The opposition Democrats have urged the Thai government to push the United States, a close ally of Thailand, for his arrest and extradition. On Friday, a group of about 200 protesters gathered outside the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok making the same demand......

Thai Foreign Ministry spokesman Sek Wannamethee says the government has no plans to seek Thaksin’s extradition.

“His trip to the United States is a private visit. And, we were never, the Thai government was never informed, nor were we aware of his program. As for his travels abroad, the Thai government, we don’t have a policy of restricting his traveling abroad.”

http://www.voanews.com/content/former-thai-leaders-visit-to-us-renews-calls-for-justice/1485791.html

• Like 1

mmmm

Yep.

i'm not unaware of the existence of vote buying and i'm not denying that it happens.

but your answer was "Practically every Thai national I know, have spoken to or seen"

which means you think (practically) every thai national gets paid cash to vote, and it's hyperbolic bs.

so do you want to give me an estimated figure like i asked you for on how many you think got paid cash to vote in 2011?

Terribly sorry, I had a road side dinner with my wife, at a karaoke joint just around the corner where I live. That's why I'm a wee bit late.

I'm surprised to see that "it's very common talk" is interpreted as "practically every Thai national I know". Followed by "which means you think (practically) every thai national gets paid cash to vote". The logic of that does excape me, I'm afraid. Might that be because it's close to 2.30AM at the moment ?

Edited by rubl

BANGKOK — Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has been visiting the United States on his first trip to the country since he was ousted in a coup in 2006.

His opponents have been demanding Washington revoke his visa and extradite the former leader to Thailand, where he faces jail time for conflict of interest charges from his time as leader.

The opposition Democrats have urged the Thai government to push the United States, a close ally of Thailand, for his arrest and extradition. On Friday, a group of about 200 protesters gathered outside the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok making the same demand......

Thai Foreign Ministry spokesman Sek Wannamethee says the government has no plans to seek Thaksin’s extradition.

“His trip to the United States is a private visit. And, we were never, the Thai government was never informed, nor were we aware of his program. As for his travels abroad, the Thai government, we don’t have a policy of restricting his traveling abroad.”

http://www.voanews.c...ce/1485791.html

His own government has to disassociate themselves from his activities. Brilliant.

The fact remains that Taksin gained power through the 'fairest' elections Thais had ever experienced.

Democracy was in its infancy and needed maturation time ... the majority had spoken , yes , even them stupid peasants in darkest Issan ....

It was the Yellow Shirts who derailed democracy , with leaders who we all know were, and still are, as every bit as corrupt as the Taksin they denounced. They were outraged that these peasants could even have a voice. So they basically seized power.

To me , unconcerned as to which snout is at the trough , there is a clear wrong in the actions of the Yellow Shirts.

It must also appear that way to the majority of Thais , since the MAJORITY resoundingly voted the Red Shirts back into power yet again.

Its time the minority had a rest , and let the democratically elected government govern.

Its time they started actively canvassing the people , constructing new policies that include the rural working classes , and preparing for the next elections as we would expect in any democracy , not threatening further civil disruption.

As for the protests in America , they can protest all they like....

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

great satirical posting

Perhaps it should have had satire written in red above it like that thread about the EZ Bribe card.

This one is particularly good as it sits right on the line between satire and stupidity. I'm being generous like you and going for satire. Unless zaZa9 tells us different of course (assuming that hasn't happened already).

mmmm

Yep.

Terribly sorry, I had a road side dinner with my wife, at a karaoke joint just around the corner where I live. That's why I'm a wee bit late.

I'm surprised to see that "it's very common talk" is interpreted as "practically every Thai national I know". Followed by "which means you think (practically) every thai national gets paid cash to vote". The logic of that does excape me, I'm afraid. Might that be because it's close to 2.30AM at the moment ?

this is the second time i've seen a post like this from you recently... no offence but i don't think anyone looking at the 'news' section is interested in your night out with your wife....

"I'm surprised to see that "it's very common talk" is interpreted as "practically every Thai national I know""

well they were both said by the same person, so i guess you better ask him.... laugh.png

Edited by nurofiend

Hmmmm... see>>> http://www.thaivisa....... Doesn't matter what side pays, the vote can be had for as little as 100 baht!

My dear Scott Beverage, I'm afraid I'm a wee bit late. The link you refer to is either gone or incorrect. Please check and put the correct link assuming it's still there wai.gif

Hmmm... that's strange. Sorry, it's just above, comment #184.

Hmmmm... see>>> http://www.thaivisa....... Doesn't matter what side pays, the vote can be had for as little as 100 baht!

My dear Scott Beverage, I'm afraid I'm a wee bit late. The link you refer to is either gone or incorrect. Please check and put the correct link assuming it's still there wai.gif

Hmmm... that's strange. Sorry, it's just above, comment #184.

Thanks, found it. It seems the link in your post got mangled somewhat.

To be sure #184 is

Yep.

this is the second time i've seen a post like this from you recently... no offence but i don't think anyone looking at the 'news' section is interested in your night out with your wife....

"I'm surprised to see that "it's very common talk" is interpreted as "practically every Thai national I know""

well they were both said by the same person, so i guess you better ask him.... laugh.png

My dear fiend, I'm aware that not too many here will be interested in me having a road-side dinner with my wife. I only mention it to explain why I'm a wee bit late in joining the fray here. You will probably be able to read something similar over the coming time as that's just what I'm doing. How's your life outside TV?

Anyway even though both said by the same person (which I do admit to have missed first time, sorry wai.gif ) neither "it's common talk", nor "practically every Thai I know" equates to "you think (practically) every thai national". Of course I do have to check with Thaddeus, maybe you're right and he does know (practically) all Thai, even though he didn't say so.

I think it's an inspired move; the Great Coward taking his infamous disappearing act on tour. Wonderful.

Where is the next destination he'll be showing his amazing avoidance skills? (Or not, as it were)

I think if he went to the Falklands, the penguins would throw rocks at him.

Your attempt at a swipe fails as penguins have wings adapted for swimming. The wings are not capable of throwing anything.

Sadly the penguin population is endangered due to overfishing by the local and foreign fisheries.

Well mr smarty britches, the clever penguins would kick / flick stones at him. lol.

When do they tap dance?huh.png

What on earth is there to come back to? No Rule of Law, Convicted Murderers being released on bail, Nepotism up and down the line, substandard pay. No hope for any future,

..... inspite of it all,it is still a very nice place to live....if you have money thumbsup.gif

Well it seems that the charge for a ticket to the dinner was $200 !!!! Seems the people that agreed to host him are of the same ilk as Thaksin, just rob everybody blind!

One can only hope that the Thai community in New York and LA make sure that the restaurants that hosted him (sorry the really cheapo eating houses) are blacklisted and go out of business.

If the fiasco that was New York, Las Vegas, San Francisco, and Los Angeles are any indication, the restaurateurs *insert giggle* must be having second thoughts.

The article also has Thai Foreign Ministry Spokesman Sek Wannamethee laughably claiming the government was not informed of Thaksin's trip to the USA.

bs.jpg

The article also has Thai Foreign Ministry Spokesman Sek Wannamethee laughably claiming the government was not informed of Thaksin's trip to the USA.

bs.jpg

Thai Visa members were informed days ago, I guess the politicians don't read this forum or listen to the populus

It's obvious that Thaksin was opposed by significant numbers of American Thais during his recent attempt to build influence among the overseas Thai community in the USA.

I don't know why the American authorities let him in.

One thing I do know, however, is that I am enjoying his obvious discomfiture, just as I am enjoying the discomfiture of various lickspittle Thaksinistas like GK and PPD. It feels......good.

Indeed!

Their deity appears to have misplaced his square moosh.

"we were never" and "nor were we aware"

Perhaps the Foreign Ministry might care to talk, to their former boss (and now Thaksin's lawyer again) Noppadon Pattama, who announced a month ago that his master had obtained a U.S.-visa ?

Don't these people read the local newspapers (The Nation on 6th July), or talk to each other, before they make these ridiculous statements ? wink.png

Perhaps they should start reading ThaiVisa instead ! laugh.png

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 2

mmmm

Yep.

So, you are aware of the existence of vote buying then and you don't deny it happens.

For you, as a farang, who cannot vote or have any involvement in the electoral system, to be aware of it, must mean that it is pretty blatantly obvious, doesn't it.

And please, don't try to infer that when I say 'every Thai national I know' it means 'every Thai national'

Free and Democratic elections, again, my backside.

• Like 1