Norwegian Man, Thai Woman Killed In Chon Buri Road Accident

webfact

-Ozzibloke-

Your Post from last page

Google -Alexander Pereiras-

maybe you find his story also in English.

Anyway, 16 was the Brazilian woman, now the GF if Mr.Pereiras, when she was married out of the slums if Manaus by a Swiss Photograph who was 66 years old.

So what does not fit to the ages if the people involved in the threads accident?

Did you not read all? 16 when the woman married a 50 year older man! Love?

Society from Switzerland and Austria involved, why you not believe what I wrote.

I did read! And what i was trying to tell you ! Why do you think that anyone thinks your story is acceptable ? And like i have stated in my other posts on this thread, That i find a relationship between an old man and a child obsene

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My glass ball is not working as well as you guys is this morning. Why do you think he was having a sexual relationship. It maybe yet that it was his daughter. I have nothing at all to talk about with a 16 year old and its likely he did not either. The guy is dead not 24 hours and already hes a pervert and pedophile.

Whats next in the glass ball --he had just robbed a bank as well.

(Witnesses nearby said he was speeding and was drunk) so there are people standing on this 2 lane fly over 30 feet in the air with no pavement at 4 am that can spot a drunk on a motorcycle. This is a start of a highway to Bangkok -- it leaves the center of Sukumvit Rd and joins the highway to Bangkok,-- no one walks there.

Facts would make a more interesting conversation .

The second article, IF you read it, said his "16 year old girlfriend". Surely if it was his daughter, it would not be saying that. No? blink.png

If someone's driving erratically on the road, then sure, I would say they are drunk or under the influence of something. Possible that's what they saw and hence their perception he was drunk driving? No? And how many people Not drink are out and about driving around at 4am?

I find this a disgusting thing that happens in Thailand ! Grandfathers come here and take these kids as their girlfriends and all they do is ruin their lives and i can imagine how the young girls family is suffering!

R.I.P Ms. Somying Boonbamroongsil, you died way to early in your life

I can't be too sure of that. If a girl agrees to be girlfriend to a man who she can clearly see is old enough to be a grandfather, I am tempted to believe she probably thinks him to be a safer bet than a younger man. Are you serious with your statement about the young girl's family suffering because of such friendships ? If you've read Thai Visa reports over time you'd know it's the farangs who suffer, dying at a fast clip, in mysterious ways, a popular one being leaping or falling from the 1000th floor.

I wouldn't pamper the teenaged girls and assume they are innocent or vulnerable all the time. Some yes, in some situations, but not all in all situations. Older mature people too are susceptible to naivete, as we see too often among the expat retirees who choose to make Thailand their home and settle down with Thai ladies. It's about who's on home turf. In Thailand it's the Thais, just as in the USA it's the Americans or in China it's the Chinese.

You may be provoked to hear this, but very often it's the young ladies who manipulate the older men. Younger men may not be as easily manipulated, but the older gents have their vulnerabilities, their loneliness, having to grapple with the gathering gloom of advancing years, declining strength and mounting dependence. The company of young girls chases away the blues. Don't assume it's all sexual, there is a lot to be said for the vivacity and exuberance of the young that, like sparkling wine, does wonders to dispel the darkness in some people's lives. It's a sociological tragedy of our times that relationships between people with huge age gap is frowned upon universally. Well illustrated by the many presumptive comments being made here about the 50 year old man's intentions with his 16 year old pillion rider. The dead stay dumb.

I'm not provoked to hear anything! I have my veiws and have no problem with anyone taking issue whith what i say. I'm sure Ms. Somying Boonbamroongsil parents will bill suffering losing their child. I do know of how Thai girls get with older men so as to improve their lives and also do manipulate older gullible men but for me it does not take away that this girl was still a child and would not have the maturity nor knowledge about life to make any mature decision unlike the 52 year old man

I find it worrying that people cannot take an objective view of this case, instead using their perverse implications and suggestive and explicit allegations that this man is a paedophile or anything like that.

I also find it worrying that when speaking openly, purely critical on the matter, people would allow their depraved thoughts overcome them and suggest that I should not be in a teaching position 'around young girls'. Being honest about peoples rights and the reality of human life, biology, social and human behaviour, doesn't make me want to go around looking for a 16 year old girlfriend.

It is evident in the nonsense of those who cannot get away with my straight out comments on giving younger people a bit of leeway, the benefit of the doubt and the benefit of responsibility, that they cannot rid themselves of stereotype and bias. I prefer not to generalise and make such ridiculous racial stereotyes like 'young thai girls want old foreign men for money', or, any 'older man with a girl on a bike is a paedophile'.

Things are so bad that in England, or anywhere, people are fine with letting women bathe young girls, but as soon as a man is proposed, something is wrong. The social blindsighting and absolutist condemnation based on nothing more than repressed perverse thoughts or the inability to get out of the idea that men must only want to be near young girls to mess around with them, is just disgraceful.

And this man is 52, it isnt even so old. People dying young at the age of 60 in this day and age should give you an idea of age and youth. It is only because theres such a big age gap that this man and this girl have came under such scrutiny, and regardless, what I said stays.

The laws or sex in england are 16, it doesnt matter if you are a teacher, santa clause or jesus christ superstar. I will accept anyone proving me wrong on this too, and to the other poster I know the laws in the UK. But just because people socially dont agree with 16 being with any older, it doesnt make it wrong. Look in thailand, 18 year old girls with 70 year old men, you say nothing because it is 18, but when that man was 58 she wasnt even born.

Face the fact that if its legal, it will happen, and as much as you may, in your disgust, call it sick, it is none of your business, as it isnt mine.

Unless old men are exploiting young girls for things like prostitution or drugs, which is wbang out of order, or doing any harm to them, beyond consent I just say be happy and live life as it is. Because you lot cannot fathom responsibility of a young girl being with any man, does not mean that you have the right to socially shun it. I am for the rights of people within right and reason to make their own decisions.

To end, I WILL quote muslims, because they are the disgusting creatures who do this kind of thing. A bit off topic but the prophet mohammed was a paedophile, a necrophile, advocate and practitioner of polygamy and thinks raping women is his right. My point with muslims is that child sex isnt only 'ok for them', but permitted by the clergy and deemd acceptable.

I can go on all day, and like I said, if you would like to open a religious discussion outside of this topic, please do so.

Why would you want to go on all day. Nit doing yourself any favors. Kind of like the mentally ill person who does not think they are crazy, but everyone around knows.

I have daughters 17 and 16 and 19 months. If any grown man messed with any one if them, I would make sure he could not do it again to another young girl.

I have also sued school systems over pervert teachers who thought it was okay to have what they viewed as consensual sex with their female students. In both instances, the girls were really messed up by the situations and I made dam_n sure the perverts did decent jail time through media pressure placed on prosecutors.

i would kill any man that messed with my daughters if they were only 19,17 and 16 months old ,are they out of nappies yet? cheesy.gif

Haha, great catch. Two are teenagers. One is a baby and still in diapers. Cannot believe I started over when my two oldest are about of high school.

The baby is also 10 months not 19 months. I cannot type on my iPhone for shit.

Edited by ttelise
  • Like 1

And to think jury's are made from people like you lot.

WHERE DOES IT SAY HE IS HAVING SEXUAL RELATIONS.

Maybe he just stole a gold budda from an early morning priest and shot a police barrier then he robbed a TM machine after holding up 7/11 and errr oh then a 16 year old jumped on the back with YA BA but they havnt found them yet so he commit suicide at the traffic lights and........

Yeah--im pretty sure thats it.

Oh yeah he probably ran out of petrol on the bend.

-Ozzibloke-

I assumed, you did not read all, because, you wrote,

"woman in my story, is 25, so much older."

But you did not seem to recognize, that some "nice" Swiss, Society reporter who worked for Soft Sex Magazines same -Playboy- picked her out of Manaus slums and to have a more free? hand in everything, including salary, married her fast, with her early age of 16, when he was 66!

He surely exploited her, made Thousands of fotos, sold them.

At 20 and in Switzerland a other more rich, High Society guy fell for her, kicked his wife in the ass

and now she is residing with the important people at the Salzburger Festspiele in Austria where her old lover with a Millionaers salary is Manager.

A good career, for a slum girl, not?

All the men involved you can find in in WIKIPEDIA with a page and information to that story, Mr. Pereira!

Accepting this story or not, I just mentioned 16, whatever happens, sometimes its not for the bad future for a poor girl with the right looks.

And ROMAN POLANSKI?

I just Googled his very long ago Sexstory with a 14 year old in the Internet.

He even penetrated her from the ass-to avoid pregnancy, as he had no Condoms!?

He still cannot go back to the USA because of that incident.

European, Swiss Authorities did have him in their claws, but let him go again.

So, the European police and the Society does not care much!

He still, since Centuries produces his movies!

Actually the Girl had just turned 16. Her date of Birth was 20th July 1996. Full report on Pattaya One later.

He obviously liked underaged girls. sad.png

Has anybody got proof that this guy knew she was underage? If they met in a bar (at 4.30am it definitely wasn't outside the school gates) then the girl was obviously passing herself off as 18+ and if she was working there why didn't the owners check her ID.

Does "girlfriend" count?

The police quoted 'girlfriend' but seeing as the guy is dead and cannot defend himself all the muck rakers can have a field day.

It matters immensely as girl friend can mean sexual relations but what proof is there of that, all we know and all anyone can know is that it was a female passenger. Until other wise is proven it is inappropriate to discuss it as sexual relations and accuse him of pedophilia.

There is never ever pedestrians on that fly over night or day. It would be suicidal to try. Witnesses? ---impossible.

Edited by Fishface
  • Like 1

Does "girlfriend" count?

The police quoted 'girlfriend' but seeing as the guy is dead and cannot defend himself all the muck rakers can have a field day.

It matters immensely as girl friend can mean sexual relations but what proof is there of that, all we know and all anyone can know is that it was a female passenger. Until other wise is proven it is inappropriate to discuss it as sexual relations and accuse him of pedophilia.

There is never ever pedestrians on that fly over night or day. It would be suicidal to try. Witnesses? ---impossible.

Umm, did the article not also say they will contact the parents of the girl. Forgoing then that he was not her father. Also common sense would indicate that she was more than likely NOT his daughter and more likely that she was a 'girlfriend'. To argue is just ridiculous for so many reasons, other than just arguing for the sake of it. Sure it's 'possible' he wasn't doing anything with her, but how likely is that (if not related to him). Appears to have no wife, no family according to the article, so no relation to the girl.

Hence a forgone conclusion that most people can come too, which is MORE THAN LIKELY correct.

• Like 2

I find this a disgusting thing that happens in Thailand ! Grandfathers come here and take these kids as their girlfriends and all they do is ruin their lives and i can imagine how the young girls family is suffering!

I can't be too sure of that. If a girl agrees to be girlfriend to a man who she can clearly see is old enough to be a grandfather, I am tempted to believe she probably thinks him to be a safer bet than a younger man. Are you serious with your statement about the young girl's family suffering because of such friendships ? If you've read Thai Visa reports over time you'd know it's the farangs who suffer, dying at a fast clip, in mysterious ways, a popular one being leaping or falling from the 1000th floor.

I wouldn't pamper the teenaged girls and assume they are innocent or vulnerable all the time. Some yes, in some situations, but not all in all situations. Older mature people too are susceptible to naivete, as we see too often among the expat retirees who choose to make Thailand their home and settle down with Thai ladies. It's about who's on home turf. In Thailand it's the Thais, just as in the USA it's the Americans or in China it's the Chinese.

You may be provoked to hear this, but very often it's the young ladies who manipulate the older men. Younger men may not be as easily manipulated, but the older gents have their vulnerabilities, their loneliness, having to grapple with the gathering gloom of advancing years, declining strength and mounting dependence. The company of young girls chases away the blues. Don't assume it's all sexual, there is a lot to be said for the vivacity and exuberance of the young that, like sparkling wine, does wonders to dispel the darkness in some people's lives. It's a sociological tragedy of our times that relationships between people with huge age gap is frowned upon universally. Well illustrated by the many presumptive comments being made here about the 50 year old man's intentions with his 16 year old pillion rider. The dead stay dumb.

I'm not provoked to hear anything! I have my veiws and have no problem with anyone taking issue whith what i say. I'm sure Ms. Somying Boonbamroongsil parents will bill suffering losing their child. I do know of how Thai girls get with older men so as to improve their lives and also do manipulate older gullible men but for me it does not take away that this girl was still a child and would not have the maturity nor knowledge about life to make any mature decision unlike the 52 year old man

My reference was to your statement that : "Grandfathers come here and take these kids as their girlfriends and all they do is ruin their lives and i can imagine how the young girls family is suffering!" I am sure everyone here acknowledges that the young girl's family would suffer losing their child, and that is not a point of discussion at all. The central theme here is all about the age difference and most people's views that such a relationship is not on.

If we leave aside the very real probability that everyone is talking on unfounded presumptions about the 50 year old Norwegian and his 16 year old pillion rider (those are the only known facts of this case, as opposed to inferences and assumptions) and continue to debate the issue of boyfriend-girlfriend relationships between people so far apart in age, intelligence, education, culture and whatever, it cannot be denied that a teenaged boy or girl is entitled to his/ her rights to make friends with people they like to be friends with. Exploitation is a risk that exists anyway, and you might be aware that exploitation within families, schools, churches, orphanages is far more widespread than is commonly believed or acknowledged. Across continents, cultures, social strata, religions. It's universal. To single out friendship of the teenager with an older person (man or woman) is not only unfair to the kids and their older friends, it's also dishonest and appears more to be an attempt to deflect attention from the real dangers that surround the kids within their trusted worlds.

You say that the 16 year old "girl was still a child and would not have the maturity nor knowledge about life to make any mature decision." In many such friendships between older and much younger people, it is not uncommon to find that such friendships happen in the first place because the teenager was NOT still a child and DID have the maturity or knowledge about life to confide in the older friend about things that were not right in his/her private life and that he/she could not talk to anyone about.

• Like 1

That's a completely different discussion and has little to do with age. If it's exploitation, it's exploitation regardless of the age of the girl. What your preferences are with regards to the age of your GF is also irrelevant. And if you are a farang looking for a GF that has much in common with yourself, Thailand might not be the best place to search. The cultural difference is usually much, much larger than any age difference would suggest, even that between a teenage girl and a 50+ man. The vast majority of foreign men looking for a GF or wife in Thailand looks for somebody younger, sometimes much younger, than himself, and the wast majority of of Thai girls searching for a foreign BF or husband are looking for a man who can offer a stable, safe life and financial support for herself and her family. Are there any ethical problems with that?

Ahh the, all Thai girls are the same. Love those people.

" And if you are a farang looking for a GF that has much in common with yourself, Thailand might not be the best place to search." Thanks for that, already have a girlfriend and we have a lot in common. Just because there can be cultural differences doesn't make two people not have something in common. Clearly I've come looking for something reasonable and not some young girl, who I can influence with prospects of money and support she cannot get on her own.

Yes, there is a cultural difference and ADD this on top of the age difference makes a huge inequality in the relationship. Clearly you can see this if you can't, you are deluding yourself and maybe trying to justify to yourself what you do? Just saying.

Age difference, mentality and maturity difference, cultural difference, financial inequality = one very unequal relationship. The age difference alone to most people isn't morally acceptable ADD the cultural difference you so point out and you have a huge difference and gap in the 'relationship'.

" the wast majority of of Thai girls searching for a foreign BF or husband are looking for a man who can offer a stable, safe life and financial support for herself and her family." - I would say most girls want support and a stable man and many girls also aren't just after money (in my experience, but maybe someone I'm different?).

The point is, take away the money and there is much less incentive for such a young girl to stay with such an older man. There is NO question about it.

As to the exploitation. How does this not fit? They are taking advantage of the poor situation of these girls, for their own (to the vast majority of the population) morally unacceptable desires. Could they do the same with a girl from a normal/wealthy family of the same age? Hence it is exploitation. — vb 2.

to take advantage of (a person, situation, etc), esp unethicallyor unjustly for one's own ends"

There is NO NEED for someone to engage in a relationship with someone under the age of 18. The law is the law and what has been deemed by society as morally and socially acceptable for many reasons. Just because a very very very small minority disagree's for their own needs and benefits, doesn't mean they can do it, or can justify to themselves it's right. If you try to argue that there is a NEED to have a relationship with someone under 18, I feel sorry for you.

That last bit seems so over the top and full of the strongarm tactics that the comfortable majority employ to shut out dissent. Why are you uncomfortable with someone else's different need ? How is any one person empowered to dictate whether there is or there is not a need for someone to engage in a relationship with someone under the age of 18 ? Aren't you assuming sex is the only objective ? Your iteration that "The law is the law and what has been deemed by society as morally and socially acceptable for many reasons" accepts that the law is the final code and cannot be changed. Different countries have different laws, many based on inhuman legacies from the past, so are we to accept that law as final and unchangeable and let women and children continue to suffer the injustices of their local laws ? Have you heard of the word "Reform?" It comes with enlightenment, and every generation's duty to itself is to be more enlightened than the preceding one.

I oppose you when you say "Just because a very very very small minority disagree's for their own needs and benefits, doesn't mean they can do it, or can justify to themselves it's right." Ok, so I put it to you that in some regions of certain central Asian nations a teenaged girl wishes to wear jeans but is threatened by the majority. Lovers from different castes cannot get together. Or that many people, in China for instance, wish to watch world news and events but the law of the land blocks "undesirable" sites and TV stations. If you generalise the way you do you must agree that the above realities are fair because the majority has willed it and the minority that wish to bring in change must not be allowed.

Edited by HereIAm

Umm, did the article not also say they will contact the parents of the girl. Forgoing then that he was not her father. Also common sense would indicate that she was more than likely NOT his daughter and more likely that she was a 'girlfriend'. To argue is just ridiculous for so many reasons, other than just arguing for the sake of it. Sure it's 'possible' he wasn't doing anything with her, but how likely is that (if not related to him). Appears to have no wife, no family according to the article, so no relation to the girl.

Hence a forgone conclusion that most people can come too, which is MORE THAN LIKELY correct.

As there is no conclusive proof of anything I think you should keep your comments to yourself out of respect for the dead. Your arguments are just pure innuendo and to have the cheek that your version is MORE THAN LIKELY correct because you say so is just rubbish.

-Ozzibloke-

I assumed, you did not read all, because, you wrote,

"woman in my story, is 25, so much older."

But you did not seem to recognize, that some "nice" Swiss, Society reporter who worked for Soft Sex Magazines same -Playboy- picked her out of Manaus slums and to have a more free? hand in everything, including salary, married her fast, with her early age of 16, when he was 66!

He surely exploited her, made Thousands of fotos, sold them.

At 20 and in Switzerland a other more rich, High Society guy fell for her, kicked his wife in the ass

and now she is residing with the important people at the Salzburger Festspiele in Austria where her old lover with a Millionaers salary is Manager.

A good career, for a slum girl, not?

All the men involved you can find in in WIKIPEDIA with a page and information to that story, Mr. Pereira!

Accepting this story or not, I just mentioned 16, whatever happens, sometimes its not for the bad future for a poor girl with the right looks.

And ROMAN POLANSKI?

I just Googled his very long ago Sexstory with a 14 year old in the Internet.

He even penetrated her from the ass-to avoid pregnancy, as he had no Condoms!?

He still cannot go back to the USA because of that incident.

European, Swiss Authorities did have him in their claws, but let him go again.

So, the European police and the Society does not care much!

He still, since Centuries produces his movies!

And i find all those men abhorrent

Actually the Girl had just turned 16. Her date of Birth was 20th July 1996. Full report on Pattaya One later.

He obviously liked underaged girls. sad.png

Has anybody got proof that this guy knew she was underage? If they met in a bar (at 4.30am it definitely wasn't outside the school gates) then the girl was obviously passing herself off as 18+ and if she was working there why didn't the owners check her ID.

Like you say how did he know her age? We don't know and how do you know she worked in a bar? she could of been working anywhere ie" 7/11, restaurant anywhere or maybe she wasnt working at all ? it's all hearsay. But the healine in the news post stated she was his girlfriend.

That last bit seems so over the top and full of the strongarm tactics that the comfortable majority employ to shut out dissent. Why are you uncomfortable with someone else's different need ? How is any one person empowered to dictate whether there is or there is not a need for someone to engage in a relationship with someone under the age of 18 ? Aren't you assuming sex is the only objective ? Your iteration that "The law is the law and what has been deemed by society as morally and socially acceptable for many reasons" accepts that the law is the final code and cannot be changed. Different countries have different laws, many based on inhuman legacies from the past, so are we to accept that law as final and unchangeable and let women and children continue to suffer the injustices of their local laws ? Have you heard of the word "Reform?" It comes with enlightenment, and every generation's duty to itself is to be more enlightened than the preceding one.

I oppose you when you say "Just because a very very very small minority disagree's for their own needs and benefits, doesn't mean they can do it, or can justify to themselves it's right." Ok, so I put it to you that in some regions of certain central Asian nations a teenaged girl wishes to wear jeans but is threatened by the majority. Lovers from different castes cannot get together. Or that many people, in China for instance, wish to watch world news and events but the law of the land blocks "undesirable" sites and TV stations. If you generalise the way you do you must agree that the above realities are fair because the majority has willed it and the minority that wish to bring in change must not be allowed.

Everything in your last statement is vastly different to the complexities of an intimate relationship sexual or not between someone that 99% of people would consider as a child and someone more than triple their age. There is no comparison at all. You need to think of better examples. Citing some individual counties that have some very bizarre laws does not represent that vast majority of countries that don't think that way.

Law's that consider individuals as children until 18 are made from what society has deemed reasonable, based on our life expectancy, education etc etc. Are we forgetting that these laws are there to protect minors, children who are often very easily influenced? It's not that one person is empowered, it's that as a society, on a whole people feel that it is appropriate, to determine a basis of age where the young need to have some level of protection, as other's have said, often from themselves, because they just don't completely understand cause, effect and the responsibility associated with it.

You could also use your argument that we should allow adults to engage in relationships with children, how old, 16? 14? where is the line drawn, all because a very small minority wants to. 18 is a reasonable age, based on the society we live in, developmental rate etc.

As I said, there is no reason someone can make, that can justify knowingly (and ignorance is not an excuse) being with a minor (someone under 18). None, and this will never ever change.

As there is no conclusive proof of anything I think you should keep your comments to yourself out of respect for the dead. Your arguments are just pure innuendo and to have the cheek that your version is MORE THAN LIKELY correct because you say so is just rubbish.

True there isn't, yet. But in life we often have to make a judgement based on experience and observation. And that would suggest that the article is likely correct. It is very sad they died, weren't wearing helmets, that the possibility of alcohol was involved (and again is likely to be involved). If it turns out to be completely the opposite, I can admit I was wrong. Guilty, needs to be guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

My reference was to your statement that : "Grandfathers come here and take these kids as their girlfriends and all they do is ruin their lives and i can imagine how the young girls family is suffering!" I am sure everyone here acknowledges that the young girl's family would suffer losing their child, and that is not a point of discussion at all. The central theme here is all about the age difference and most people's views that such a relationship is not on.

If we leave aside the very real probability that everyone is talking on unfounded presumptions about the 50 year old Norwegian and his 16 year old pillion rider (those are the only known facts of this case, as opposed to inferences and assumptions) and continue to debate the issue of boyfriend-girlfriend relationships between people so far apart in age, intelligence, education, culture and whatever, it cannot be denied that a teenaged boy or girl is entitled to his/ her rights to make friends with people they like to be friends with. Exploitation is a risk that exists anyway, and you might be aware that exploitation within families, schools, churches, orphanages is far more widespread than is commonly believed or acknowledged. Across continents, cultures, social strata, religions. It's universal. To single out friendship of the teenager with an older person (man or woman) is not only unfair to the kids and their older friends, it's also dishonest and appears more to be an attempt to deflect attention from the real dangers that surround the kids within their trusted worlds.

You say that the 16 year old "girl was still a child and would not have the maturity nor knowledge about life to make any mature decision." In many such friendships between older and much younger people, it is not uncommon to find that such friendships happen in the first place because the teenager was NOT still a child and DID have the maturity or knowledge about life to confide in the older friend about things that were not right in his/her private life and that he/she could not talk to anyone about.

I still say that a 16 year old is a child. IT is easy to make an assumption on what has been wriiten in the news and a lot harder to make the assumption that two strangers one 52 and one 16 were just out for a bike ride at 4:30am. It is well known and there have been that many news articles of men going to Thailand just to search out young girls and exploit them. There is absolutely no reason for an older man to be in any intimate relation with a child

Edited by ozziebloke

True there isn't, yet. But in life we often have to make a judgement based on experience and observation. And that would suggest that the article is likely correct. It is very sad they died, weren't wearing helmets, that the possibility of alcohol was involved (and again is likely to be involved). If it turns out to be completely the opposite, I can admit I was wrong. Guilty, needs to be guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

My point is that if we take the newspaper report and photos etc, you can see the girl is not in school uniform but a very short pink mindress and if alcohol was involved then she has been passing herself off as 18+ (which apparently the bars had no problem with) so it may be possible the man didn't know she was underage. Also it's the newspaper or police calling her a 'girlfriend' which is just normal practice but doesn't mean it's the truth. As they say 'you can't believe what you read in the newspapers' they will print anything to sell their rag.

I still say that a 16 year old is a child. IT is easy to make an assumption on what has been wriiten in the news and a lot harder to make the assumption that two strangers one 52 and one 16 were just out for a bike ride at 4:30am. It is well known and there have been that many news articles of men going to Thailand just to search out young girls and exploit them. There is absolutely no reason for an older man to be in any intimate relation with a child

I don't know about the guy in question, although I have my suspicions seeing how it ended, but there are actually teenage girls in steady relationships with much older men who are kept out of the bars because they are in that relationship (and no, a relationship with a younger man is more often than not out of the question for reasons I don't want to touch upon). There's no reason to paint the situation pink here. Life for upcountry teenage girls in Pattaya is mostly hell, and they are exploited by almost anyone they meet, motorbike taxi drivers, "boyfriends", employers... you name it. A very large portion of them end up pregnant only months after they arrive in Pattaya, which makes them return to the village to give birth, and only then, when they return to Pattaya, they start working in foreigner bars.

We can always pretend that Pattaya is Prettyville, New Jersey, but it isn't and will probably never be. If any of those sitting high on their white horses on this forum can come up with a better solution for these girls than having some kind of relationship with them, please come up with some suggestions.

I don't know about the guy in question, although I have my suspicions seeing how it ended, but there are actually teenage girls in steady relationships with much older men who are kept out of the bars because they are in that relationship (and no, a relationship with a younger man is more often than not out of the question for reasons I don't want to touch upon). There's no reason to paint the situation pink here. Life for upcountry teenage girls in Pattaya is mostly hell, and they are exploited by almost anyone they meet, motorbike taxi drivers, "boyfriends", employers... you name it. A very large portion of them end up pregnant only months after they arrive in Pattaya, which makes them return to the village to give birth, and only then, when they return to Pattaya, they start working in foreigner bars.

We can always pretend that Pattaya is Prettyville, New Jersey, but it isn't and will probably never be. If any of those sitting high on their white horses on this forum can come up with a better solution for these girls than having some kind of relationship with them, please come up with some suggestions.

You stated

(There's no reason to paint the situation pink here. Life for upcountry teenage girls in Pattaya is mostly hell, and they are exploited by almost anyone they meet, motorbike taxi drivers, "boyfriends", employers... you name it. A very large portion of them end up pregnant only months after they arrive in Pattaya, which makes them return to the village to give birth,)

So why add another problem to these teenagers with old and older farrangs exploiting them? The ones as you have quoted as "sitting high on their white horses" are the ones that do not have relationships with these girls! They are opposing this type of thing

• Like 1

My point is that if we take the newspaper report and photos etc, you can see the girl is not in school uniform but a very short pink mindress and if alcohol was involved then she has been passing herself off as 18+ (which apparently the bars had no problem with) so it may be possible the man didn't know she was underage. Also it's the newspaper or police calling her a 'girlfriend' which is just normal practice but doesn't mean it's the truth. As they say 'you can't believe what you read in the newspapers' they will print anything to sell their rag.

So, since when is 'I didn't know', or ignorance an excuse, especially in Thailand, when we all know how lax they are in Pattaya (more so) about girls drinking and working in bars and the age limit on drinking. Why would she be in school uniform at 4:30am (although some Thais do wear it 24/7)? To me, as they say, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...can't be much else.

So, since when is 'I didn't know', or ignorance an excuse, especially in Thailand, when we all know how lax they are in Pattaya (more so) about girls drinking and working in bars and the age limit on drinking. Why would she be in school uniform at 4:30am (although some Thais do wear it 24/7)? To me, as they say, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...can't be much else.

I think you are actually backing me up here with the duck analogy, she may have looked, dressed and acted like an 18 year old and the man may have thought she was 18.

• Like 1

I think you are actually backing me up here with the duck analogy, she may have looked, dressed and acted like an 18 year old and the man may have thought she was 18.

Actually talking about him and a young girl (as others have claimed she was not his gf). Either way ignorance is not an excuse. It's just an easy out for people who should know better. If he met her in a club in bkk, i'd say could be either way (as check id etc much more). But it is Pattaya and everyone knows what Pattaya is like. I be suspicious if he said oh ok, you say your 18, you must be telling the truth. If in doubt, ask for ID. But I'm have a guess, it wasn't a concern for him. Anyway. ...

You stated

(There's no reason to paint the situation pink here. Life for upcountry teenage girls in Pattaya is mostly hell, and they are exploited by almost anyone they meet, motorbike taxi drivers, "boyfriends", employers... you name it. A very large portion of them end up pregnant only months after they arrive in Pattaya, which makes them return to the village to give birth,)

So why add another problem to these teenagers with old and older farrangs exploiting them? The ones as you have quoted as "sitting high on their white horses" are the ones that do not have relationships with these girls! They are opposing this type of thing

Having a relationship with an older farang is not necessarily adding to their problems. And your solution is?

Actually talking about him and a young girl (as others have claimed she was not his gf). Either way ignorance is not an excuse. It's just an easy out for people who should know better. If he met her in a club in bkk, i'd say could be either way (as check id etc much more). But it is Pattaya and everyone knows what Pattaya is like. I be suspicious if he said oh ok, you say your 18, you must be telling the truth. If in doubt, ask for ID. But I'm have a guess, it wasn't a concern for him. Anyway. ...

I spent a long time in Pattaya and have never once heard of anybody asking to see a girl's ID. IDs can be bought for 10 a penny in Thailand and who's to say they are not using an older sister's ID.