Warrant From Unpaid Hotel Bill?

I would do 2 things:

1st:

I would pay hotel bill. Get a signed, dated receipt from Manager. Explain to him what happened, and this was your first opportunity to rectify, and to do so you went out of your way to do.

2nd:

I would go to any Thai Immigration and look to see what it will cost you to pay for your overstay. (Take your Hotel receipt with you!) You can read cost of Items on list on wall Visas...overstays... We do at Immagration here in Chiang Mai... by Airport. This way no one knows of this issue untill you go to window, looks goog for you if you correct before arriving at airport for flight home!

I missed mine by a month, it cost me 2000 Baht. I am still here and in their good graces.

Then when you do depart if questions arise you will have receipt for past due Billing and proof that your Passort was stamped... Overstay corrected, to save face they will appologize and Sawaadee you and wish you a good flight!

Good Luck!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overstay is 500 baht per day up to max 20,000 baht - that is a known amount - only if he want to jail and court would that change. If he visits immigration they may arrest and hold for deportation so it is best to take care of this at departure point if able. But if he is on a hold/watch that would likely not be possible.

I went home from Thailand in November 2011, had about 9 mounts overstay ( 3 time with long overstay ) lost passport and lots of unpaid bills all over pattaya, not hotels but some appartments and mostly bar bills. There where several bills over 10,000 baht, Some places where owned by thais some by farangs. At least 3 different places had a copy of my passport, 1 place had my swedish id-card...

I spent 1 day in IDC i Bangkok before goning home, I came there early in morrning and my flight left at late night...The entire day I was sitting there just wating for someone to come and tell me that I wouldent be going home because of warrents i Pattaya for all the trubbel I had make, But no one came, and finaly at 22,00 at night a officer came and told me its was my time to go to the airport...When the plan took off I praised the lord for letting me go home...IDC is a place that you can be lost in forever and its the last place that you want to be...

My prayers goes to all the guys that are there right now...

Maybe I was lucky? I dont know, but if there was a watchlist I think that I should have be on it!!?

I went home from Thailand in November 2011, had about 9 mounts overstay ( 3 time with long overstay ) lost passport and lots of unpaid bills all over pattaya, not hotels but some appartments and mostly bar bills. There where several bills over 10,000 baht, Some places where owned by thais some by farangs. At least 3 different places had a copy of my passport, 1 place had my swedish id-card...

I spent 1 day in IDC i Bangkok before goning home, I came there early in morrning and my flight left at late night...The entire day I was sitting there just wating for someone to come and tell me that I wouldent be going home because of warrents i Pattaya for all the trubbel I had make, But no one came, and finaly at 22,00 at night a officer came and told me its was my time to go to the airport...When the plan took off I praised the lord for letting me go home...IDC is a place that you can be lost in forever and its the last place that you want to be...

Maybe I was lucky? I dont know, but if there was a watchlist I think that I should have be on it!!?

People like you should be blacklisted from Thailand.

Think your a dreamer. rolleyes.gif

Yes, couldnt agree more . And he is even bragging about it..bah.gif

Think your a dreamer. rolleyes.gif

I´m not bragging...Just told my story exactly as it happend because I think its relevant to the discussion...I´m really not proud of leaving unpaid bills, and maybe I should be blacklisted from thailand as someone suggested because I have acted like a fool every time I´ve been there...But my point is that 3 times have I been on long overstays, and 3 times have I had unpaid bills with my original passport and photocopys as guarantees and several pepole has told me that thay have contacted the police and given a copy of my passport to them, but everytime have I been able to leave the country...Thats just the way it is...If the guy who started this thred will be able to leave thailand without paying his hotel bill or not I dont know...As everyone know "nothing is certain" in Thailand...Things that is no problem to do one week can be impossible to do the next...Its all up to the pepole that is involved in the matter what will happend or not...Anyway good luck and hope u make it back home without spending to much time behind the great blue doors...

this whole story smells "FISHY",how can a person overstay for 2 years,with no money and still live with the fear of being caught and jailed.

he said he is 50 years old,something just ain't right here

AND where did the day to day living cash come from ?

Can't help feeling that the 5000 Baht friendly Hotel Bill is the very least of his problems........

Another Overstayer who plays the system to the detriment of all others.

Overstay for more than a week for reasons other than Medical or Emergency and individuals should be red carded indefinately in coming back to Thailand.

what a lot of uncaring people you are , a fellow farang in dire straights , and you kick him when he,s down .

there should be a compulsory fee ,payable by all farangs, and collected by thai immigration .

to help these infortunate fellows ,and give them a second chance.ermm.gif

a farang in need , should be avoided , at all costs, pang .

coffee1.gif

Edited by elliss
  • Like 2

It's probably nothing, but why not do the honorable thing, and either go pay the 700 Baht (make it 1K) in person, or call them up if they're not close, to get their bank account details. You can deposit directly into their account from any bank of the same group.

Thank you, I will do that.

Just a little side note. I have been very concerned about this issue over the last few weeks as I prepare to leave Thailand. I contacted a company that deals with visa overstays and told them about this issue. I insisted that they do a warrant check for me to ensure that this will not be an issue. A few days later they called me back and told me that the warrant check came back with my name being on the "watchlist". He told me that it would cost me 100,000 baht to have the officier remove my name from the "watchlist".

My feeling is that the visa company is just trying to extort money from me because I requested a warrant check. They could not even give me any specific information when I asked them exactly why I was on the "watchlist". Is there even such a thing as a "watchlist"?

yes there is a watchlist but it is for far more serious matters than what u have stated .... i would not contact the hotel or anything like that ....just present yourself at the airport and leave yourself extra time have about 1500 baht ready if the unlikely event is raised ......and pay the guy there and then ..they will pocket it and wave u on ....surprisingly quite a few people do runners ..that is why most hotels want your details or make u pay every three days or so cheers hope it all works well for u definitely dont pay the 100.000

mate if u get bashed one night walking down a soi perhaps it will be because of your previous behaviour .....sometimes this happens ...i personally know a guy in the philippines that this happened to ....and to be frank he deserved it well and truly ....no wonder some bar owners never give credit ....hope u paid the girls or being a scandi didnt u have to ?....u appear to be a person i hope is never near me when im here and trying to enjoy myself

never have had a passport photo copied a thte hotel. did you put your true passport number on the hotel slip? it's common to mistake at least one number on these.

I have never not had my passport photocopied at any hotel I've stayed at here in Thailand, in Europe, or in South America. It is routine and they do it everywhere. They photocopy the ID's of Thais as well. Not sure what kind of places you have stayed in...

never have had a passport photo copied a thte hotel. did you put your true passport number on the hotel slip? it's common to mistake at least one number on these.

I have never not had my passport photocopied at any hotel I've stayed at here in Thailand, in Europe, or in South America. It is routine and they do it everywhere. They photocopy the ID's of Thais as well. Not sure what kind of places you have stayed in...

Agreed -- the only times Hubby and I haven't had our passports copied is when we were the only foreigners doing a multi-day "pai thiew" with a vanload of middle-aged (and above) educated Thai people where we stayed at a resort owned by a friend of one of the fellow travellers. There, I suspect one member of our party had simply reserved XX rooms in his own name.

Otherwise, whenever we travel by ourselves or with a group of foreigners, it's Xerox time at check-in.

Edited by NancyL

I have had a few that did not photocopy them. They write down the information. Heck in one place I wrote down the information for the lady at the desk. But most hotels of any decent size in Patatya or Bangkok usually have a fax/copy machine

mate if u get bashed one night walking down a soi perhaps it will be because of your previous behaviour .....sometimes this happens ...i personally know a guy in the philippines that this happened to ....and to be frank he deserved it well and truly ....no wonder some bar owners never give credit ....hope u paid the girls or being a scandi didnt u have to ?....u appear to be a person i hope is never near me when im here and trying to enjoy myself

I know I deserve a good bashing, and probobley I would get one ( or many ) if I walked down the wrong soi i Pattaya...I think all the pepole that I have lied to deserve to give me a couple of good punches each so I wouldent cry if it happens...But chances are slim that I ever will go back to Pattaya, maybe not even to Thailand. ...Actually I´m a friendly and social guy so I´m sure that you would enjoy my company wink.png

I know I deserve a good bashing, and probobley I would get one ( or many ) if I walked down the wrong soi i Pattaya...I think all the pepole that I have lied to deserve to give me a couple of good punches each so I wouldent cry if it happens...But chances are slim that I ever will go back to Pattaya, maybe not even to Thailand. ...Actually I´m a friendly and social guy so I´m sure that you would enjoy my company wink.png

YOU PAYING for the Drinks. burp.gif or getting the cash would be like beatdeadhorse.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a few that did not photocopy them. They write down the information. Heck in one place I wrote down the information for the lady at the desk. But most hotels of any decent size in Patatya or Bangkok usually have a fax/copy machine

Not true buddy. I may very well have stayed at fewer hotels than you in Thailand, but in rural areas and/or smaller cheaper hotels often no ID is required. You have to pay in cash (or by credit/debit card in some rare cases that they might be accepted) and you immediately get a room key. You vacate the room more or less by the standard check-out time, though there may not be anyone to force you to check-out by say, 12pm. Should you need to stay longer, you'll be required to pay in advance for a further stay.

By way of example, at many so-called "resorts" I've stayed at in Kanchanaburi province (Sai Yok, Sangklaburi and the Three Pagodas Pass) on three separate stays all either late last year or earlier this year, none of them required any ID at check-in. All of these places cost between 500 and 1000 Baht a night, therefore putting them into the mid-range price category. While I can imagine most hotels in tourist cities such as Bangkok and Pattaya (and Chiang Mai etc.) do require some sort of ID when checking-in guests, exceptions exist.