Afternoon Tea Options - Chedi

LawrenceChee

For those tired of black canyon ...head off to Chedi and Shangrila for your afternoon teas

Shangrila is 180 nett good ambience at the lobby lounge with good teas / coffees and cake to while away the afternoon between 3pm - 6pm. They have a pianist as well

Chedi remains the best option ambience wise and ease of getting there . They have sets starting at 490 baht per person that includes a good selection of savory, sandwiches scones and drinks . Good selection of teas ...not the cheapest option but for the views ambience ...it's a nice place to bring a date or anniversary for special celebration

Not a big fan of Black Canyon to begin with. Not big on Starbucks either. But they are much better than Black Canyon.

Never been to either the Chedi or the Shangrila but I would agree that the ambiance in both would be superior. Seems a little high but then again I don"t know what else goes with the tea. For tea I like to go into the Harmony house on ThaPa road. It has a nice little garden in the back and the ambiance is great prices are reasonable but the food is better than Black Canyon.

Will certanly try the Shangrala as it is nice in there. The Chedi seems to steep for me to try. I like a cup of tea at the river side Market for 55 baht nice ambiance. It seems like at my age it i nice to just sit in a nice spot and drink in the surroundings.

chedi has go to be one of the most efficient run hotels in chiagmai, with what i call correctly trained staff, it must have been some building in its heyday as the b consulate.

Mrs CM works at the Chedi and from what I've seen of it as a business it is one that treats its employees very well indeed, the approach works well because the staff really do care about the hotel and its guests. I've also stayed at two of the Chedi hotels in Bali and they were exactly the same, motivated staff, switched on management and everyone was engaged with the business.

Chedi remains the best option ambience wise and ease of getting there . They have sets starting at 490 baht per person that includes a good selection of savory, sandwiches scones and drinks . Good selection of teas ...not the cheapest option but for the views ambience ...it's a nice place to bring a date or anniversary for special celebration

I think I'd rather get a 3 hour massage.