Damrong Leads National Park Raids On Phuket Resorts

webfact

Damrong leads National Park raids on Phuket resorts

Phuket Gazette

r1.jpeg

National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department (DNP) Director-General Damrong Phidet was back in the media spotlight yesterday as he led raids on 10 Phuket resorts alleged to have encroached on national park land. Photo: Orawin Narabal

r2.jpeg

DNP chief Damrong checks the park boundaries from within the Trisara resort while accompanied by his entourage and heavily armed guards. Photo: Orawin Narabal

PHUKET: -- National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department (DNP) Director-General Damrong Phidet yesterday led raids on 10 resorts alleged to have encroached on National Park land on Phuket’s west coast.

The raids started in the afternoon with Mr Damrong leading 10 teams of investigators brought in from 10 different offices of the Royal Forest Department (RFD) from across Thailand.

In total, 400 to 600 rai of land is under investigation, all bordering – or encroaching on – Phuket’s Sirinath National Park.

Mr Damrong refused to allow any officers from RFD office Phuket to take part in the raids.

The 10 teams simultaneously raided the 10 resorts, with Mr Damrong personally leading a team of officers from the RFD Chiang Mai office to inspect the boundaries of the Trisara resort, north of Layan Beach.

Mr Damrong asked to see the Chanote title deeds for the 140 rai of land that the resort is built on.

Trisara Human Resources Director Nares Srinark explained that he did not have the title deeds on hand, but said that he remembered that one Chanote title deed for the entire plot was issued in 1994.

To this, Mr Damrong replied, “The National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department stopped issuing Chanote titles for land in this area after 1964. Any land that has a Chanote issued after 1964 we consider to be illegal.”

Mr Damrong said the Trisara management company, the Three Dolphins Company Limited (Trisara Resort), had 30 days to present to the Phuket Provincial Court documentary evidence to prove that the Chanote in question was legally issued.

“If the evidence provided is found insufficient to prove that the Chanote was legally issued, we will order the buildings [on that land] to be removed because it is on national park land,” he warned.

Mr Damrong has built a reputation, and gained the nickname “The Demolisher”, for taking the demolition of long-established resorts seriously. The nickname was bestowed after his order on July 28 for an estimated 3,000 DNP officers to demolish nine resorts deemed to be within the boundaries of Thab Lan National Park in Nakhon Ratchasima.

However, he is now facing an administrative inquiry into the demolition of those nine resorts. The results of the inquiry are due to be released within the coming week.

Among the other resorts, villa developments or management companies under investigation for allegedly encroaching on Sirinath National Park land were named in Thai as:

• Phuket Peninsular Spa & Resort - under investigation by the Sri Racha RFD

• Central & City Development Co Ltd - under investigation by Surat Thani RFD

• Landstate Co Ltd - under investigation by Nakhon Sri Thammarat RFD

• Ms Suchada Sangsuwan - under investigation by Songkhla RFD

• Andaman White Beach - under investigation by Nakhon Rachasima RFD

• Suree Samlit Co Ltd - under investigation by Khon Kaen RFD

• Pavilions Beach Resort Co Ltd - under investigation by Phitsanulok RFD

• La Colline villa development - under investigation by Phrae RFD

• Layan Phuket Co Ltd - under investigation by Trat RFD

“All of the 10 resorts investigated today are now officially asked to cease all construction for 30 days [until the court rules on whether or not the resort is on legally acquired land].

“If any of the 10 resorts investigated today continue with any building, I will file for a court order to suspend all construction,” Mr Damrong said.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle16674.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-08-16

• Like 1

But this great man is underway to pension, so for sure these 10 resorts find a way to pay them out of it !

As normal Thais see it as OK to use bribe to get something that not belong to you,

In a country where less then 10% pay tax, 90% see it as no problem, as it is not their money these companies steal ! It make the Thais system sick and will run the country down !

• Like 1

If these chanote title deeds are issued, the developer is allowed to do things.

The question is ... who issues these false chanotes ?? They are the ones who should be punished.

But ofcourse these thougs are retired and the money is gone.

• Like 1

But this great man is underway to pension, so for sure these 10 resorts find a way to pay them out of it !

As normal Thais see it as OK to use bribe to get something that not belong to you,

In a country where less then 10% pay tax, 90% see it as no problem, as it is not their money these companies steal ! It make the Thais system sick and will run the country down !

What a Slumbag he is .... and when the legitimate resorts present their documents he will pretend he never got them and ignore them as he did with WFFT ( even after they presented all of their documents ) when he brutally confiscated 103 of their animals which most of them ended up dying in his incapble and disgusting sanctuary because of his inabilities and despicable surroundings which are suppose to be SANCTUARIES FOR WILD RESCUED ANIMALS ... he is nothing but a A SCUMBAG looking for more $$ to retire with ... Can't make much from the animals so now onto the land encroachment story .... which ....Yes, I am sure many of them arre not legit and should be taken away but as usual he is just just go over board and crazed by the sight of the $$$ he can male to retire ewoth and has absolutely no shame about it ... He is in my opinion one of the most DESPICABLE top people in Thailand ... worse than the Thaks family

He seems to be falling asleep during the photo op. Should be a poster child for Thai Politics.

He always looks like that cause he knows if he shows his eyes open eveyone will know what a liar and fake he is ... did you ever hear him talk ... ?? Try that and then you will know what an asshol_e you are dealing with even if you don't understand Thai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGuPjriJpvc&noredirect=1

And more truth

211097_28211827656_397320692_q.jpg

Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand

May 23

Sad reality. Yesterday night talked to two of the biggest wildlife traders in Thailand, shocking what they had to say: "Edwin our business is better than ever before you know, as the DNP focuses their fight against NGOs like yours and Khun Lek, no one of their staff has any time to do anything against us..."

Another one: " They raided you guys several times, several times Elephant Nature park and went to half a dozen other places and as soon as the media lost interest, they lost their interest too... The real bad guys are still untouched now..."

And this was from the mouth of the traders of pur animals /// and some of you out there are Hourraying this Damwrong criminal .................??

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!

Or as I have said numerous times before go to the WFFT site and educate yourselves and find out ... but this keeps falling on TV deaf ears and then I get blacklisted for some time but here it is again ... you all have a lot of time to google stupid statistics over stupid subjects so why not spend the time on this valuable one for a change huh???

https://www.facebook...iendsFoundation

OK Annabel, I took your advice and googled the man and he has been in the news a lot lately.

I read about 5 or 6 different news stories about the man and it seems there are more stories praising his efforts than not.

But, how could asking resorts who have possibly encroached on National Forest lands to prove their authentic land deals be evil.

Let them prove it with the correct deeds and move on if they are legit.

Seems to me just the fact that he used enforcement from out of the area (and away from the Phuket mafia) shows that he is serious about finding the truth here.

Hopefully his intentions are honest.

But lets let the courts decide, aye?

• Like 1

Annabel how many years did you spend in India? Didn't learn anything living in India??? Your diatribe is ridiculous at best. You even accused me of being a part of DNP if you remember. Your valiant attempts to speak for Lek and Edwin shows you know nothing. This week Lek separated a 1 day old elephant from it's mother because the mother rejected the baby. Lek has no lic. Vet at her scam park. The baby elephant died a few days later. In fact I know the vet that they did call and so I know this story well. Now I am waiting to see what story Lek spins on this. How much money will Lek generate on this dead baby elephant? You are obviously not in the inner circle of Lek nor Edwin and if you are shame on you. Go back to India and learn something this time. The 12 year khumba Mela in Allahabad is coming>go take a bath.

Edited by MILT
  • Like 1

He seems to be falling asleep during the photo op. Should be a poster child for Thai Politics.

He always looks like that cause he knows if he shows his eyes open eveyone will know what a liar and fake he is ... did you ever hear him talk ... ?? Try that and then you will know what an asshol_e you are dealing with even if you don't understand Thai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGuPjriJpvc&noredirect=1

And more truth

211097_28211827656_397320692_q.jpg

Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand

May 23

Sad reality. Yesterday night talked to two of the biggest wildlife traders in Thailand, shocking what they had to say: "Edwin our business is better than ever before you know, as the DNP focuses their fight against NGOs like yours and Khun Lek, no one of their staff has any time to do anything against us..."

Another one: " They raided you guys several times, several times Elephant Nature park and went to half a dozen other places and as soon as the media lost interest, they lost their interest too... The real bad guys are still untouched now..."

And this was from the mouth of the traders of pur animals /// and some of you out there are Hourraying this Damwrong criminal .................??

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!

First of all, you have to get your facts straight. Wfft was raided indeed, but the capture of the 103 animals, however cruel, was justified.

Noi and Edwin did not have all paper work on order, or at least not in order in time before Mr. Damrong's dead line. Noi admitted to this as her own personal fault and went to jail for one night only. This happens sometimes.

Second, Mrs. Lek is quite a shadey character and not working on the same level as Wfft, in fact rumours haven been around for a long time that she uses her sanctuary as a front for illegal elephant trade. Edwin himself actually claimed this too, a few years back.

• Like 1

What a Slumbag he is .... and when the legitimate resorts present their documents he will pretend he never got them and ignore them as he did with WFFT ( even after they presented all of their documents ) when he brutally confiscated 103 of their animals which most of them ended up dying in his incapble and disgusting sanctuary because of his inabilities and despicable surroundings which are suppose to be SANCTUARIES FOR WILD RESCUED ANIMALS ... he is nothing but a A SCUMBAG looking for more $$ to retire with ... Can't make much from the animals so now onto the land encroachment story .... which ....Yes, I am sure many of them arre not legit and should be taken away but as usual he is just just go over board and crazed by the sight of the $$$ he can male to retire ewoth and has absolutely no shame about it ... He is in my opinion one of the most DESPICABLE top people in Thailand ... worse than the Thaks family

Absolute nonsense that post. You clearly are misinformed by Edwin and his facebook page. Keep believing, keep fighting, and keep listening to Edwin. I'm sure he's going to start a cult soon.

Let me ask you, how did the WFFT's court case go in June? That's when it was up for hearing wasn't it? I believe the DNP returned some of the 103 animals when it was proved they weren't on the endangered species list. As for the other 98, sorry they were illegally owned. same goes for a couple of elephants the WFFT was proudly displaying as their centre piece.

The facts are simple the WFFT broke the law, they are a shoddy none profit organisation, which is managed even shoddier. The WFFT wouldn't have had a problem if they hadn't broken the law. The raids were initiated because locals complained about the noise and the stink of the zoo.

The same goes for the resort owners, the deeds are not legal, regardless of who they bought them off. If the owner was stupid enough to part with 200 million in 1993 for deeds which couldn't have been issued after 1964, and think there would never be any questions asked it, they deserve to lose the lot.

I think you'll also find out this sterling work will continue after this gentleman retires, because the ruling on the recent resorts that were knocked down go back to 2001. His replacement will have a tough act to follow.

I wouldn't be surprised if the chap gets a ministerial role. He's certainly making the government look good.

Edited by classic-chassis
  • Like 1

Sad reality. Yesterday night talked to two of the biggest wildlife traders in Thailand' date=' shocking what they had to say: "Edwin our business is better than ever before you know, as the DNP focuses their fight against NGOs like yours and Khun Lek, no one of their staff has any time to do anything against us..."

[/quote']

Thanks for that. So Edwin Wiek is friends with illegal wildlife traders. Why would that be then? A wildlife crusader sharing a few beers with an illegal wildlife trade perhaps?

OK Annabel, I took your advice and googled the man and he has been in the news a lot lately.

I read about 5 or 6 different news stories about the man and it seems there are more stories praising his efforts than not.

But, how could asking resorts who have possibly encroached on National Forest lands to prove their authentic land deals be evil.

Let them prove it with the correct deeds and move on if they are legit.

Seems to me just the fact that he used enforcement from out of the area (and away from the Phuket mafia) shows that he is serious about finding the truth here.

Hopefully his intentions are honest.

But lets let the courts decide, aye?

The land encroachment thing is different and yes it should be exposed and those encroaching evicted. You have read the recent stories about him and this issue but I doubt his intentions are totally honest based on what he did to the Animal Welfare Concervation places out of revenge back in February... check that out and then tell me what a great guy he is ...

Annabel how many years did you spend in India? Didn't learn anything living in India??? Your diatribe is ridiculous at best. You even accused me of being a part of DNP if you remember. Your valiant attempts to speak for Lek and Edwin shows you know nothing. This week Lek separated a 1 day old elephant from it's mother because the mother rejected the baby. Lek has no lic. Vet at her scam park. The baby elephant died a few days later. In fact I know the vet that they did call and so I know this story well. Now I am waiting to see what story Lek spins on this. How much money will Lek generate on this dead baby elephant? You are obviously not in the inner circle of Lek nor Edwin and if you are shame on you. Go back to India and learn something this time. The 12 year khumba Mela in Allahabad is coming>go take a bath.

The fact that you keep bad mouthing and putting down Lek, Edwin and well I guess you feel the same towards any organisations that supports and works very very hard to save and maintain the wild life of Thailand, shows me that it is you who knows nothing. Have you never seen a puppy or a kitten rejected by the mother...?? It happens in many animal groups. And yes they die unless it is caught on time as the mother stops feeding them and pushes them away. So Lek doesn't have to spin anything here as these things happen. You are so bent on trying to showcase them as nothing but money making machines. You are the one who needs to go to India and do a purification session cause your mind is obviously very deeply encased in the gutter and you are the one who should be ashamed, NOT ME!!

The fact that you keep bad mouthing and putting down Lek, Edwin and well I guess you feel the same towards any organisations that supports and works very very hard to save and maintain the wild life of Thailand, shows me that it is you who knows nothing. Have you never seen a puppy or a kitten rejected by the mother...?? It happens in many animal groups. And yes they die unless it is caught on time as the mother stops feeding them and pushes them away. So Lek doesn't have to spin anything here as these things happen. You are so bent on trying to showcase them as nothing but money making machines. You are the one who needs to go to India and do a purification session cause your mind is obviously very deeply encased in the gutter and you are the one who should be ashamed, NOT ME!!

What does this have to do with national park encroachment in Phuket? Nothing. Take your bickering and spouting elsewhere....Please :).

• Like 1