Damrong Leads National Park Raids On Phuket Resorts

webfact

Anyway.........................does anyone else question the timing of this? Some of the resorts on the list have been there for years, why now for what I see as clear extortion attempts?

Politics?

I'm not saying these resorts are squeaky clean however shouldn't the government officers that cashed in of the sale of allegedly fake title deeds be sought and punished? Not the current 3rd 4th or more party owners?

Additionally what will reducing these high end properties to rubble achieve? Those resorts employ hundreds of Thai and sometimes western staff and quite literally bring in millions and millions of baht in tourist revenue, payroll tax, withholding tax, property tax plus the maintenance costs and contracts for upkeep also would probably run into the millions per anum.

I'd think you could safely say that they have added billions of baht to the Phuket economy over the years. Tell me how that is bad for Thailand and Thais?

If these companies / resorts were ripping up the countryside, logging and selling soil for landfill I'd agree they are a blight however they are not, if anyone took a look and actually visited before spewing their damnation and jealous down with the rich rhetoric' they might actually be able to see the positive impact these places have.

Ask yourselves as well what impact this will have on foreign investment? - If these resorts are demolished. (Thought the Thai Authorities were trying to encourage foreign investment and "High end tourists" )

For example, an investor purchases a villa or unit back in the late nineties as a holiday / retirement home or investment property, he's sold a long term lease etc blah blah since it’s illegal to own land then suddenly reads the current news some 12 years later?

Think about if the house your land stands on right now was suddenly unbeknown to you deemed illegally acquired irrespective of your due diligence prior to purchase.

How would that sit?

Edited by Pomthai

Additionally what will reducing these high end properties to rubble achieve? Those resorts employ hundreds of Thai and sometimes western staff and quite literally bring in millions and millions of baht in tourist revenue, payroll tax, withholding tax, property tax plus the maintenance costs and contracts for upkeep also would probably run into the millions per anum.

I'd think you could safely say that they have added billions of baht to the Phuket economy over the years. Tell me how that is bad for Thailand and Thais?

If these companies / resorts were ripping up the countryside, logging and selling soil for landfill I'd agree they are a blight however they are not, if anyone took a look and actually visited before spewing their damnation and jealous down with the rich rhetoric' they might actually be able to see the positive impact these places have.

Ask yourselves as well what impact this will have on foreign investment? - If these resorts are demolished. (Thought the Thai Authorities were trying to encourage foreign investment and "High end tourists" )

So encroaching is ok because it brings in money?

I neither said that it’s ok or that I condone encroachment. However, my point remains and is about where the blame is being placed and who the consequences will be felt by most. I highly doubt that the lease holders of many of the private villas within the various properties mentioned knowingly invested millions on leases based upon fake titles. I put it out there that at least 90% of those investors probably 100% were led to believe the land titles were real and legit. They would all likely have made their own legal enquires and check with the relevant government offices the legitimacy of the paper work before parting with their monies.

End result is that irrespective of any due diligence carried out, all documents and government paper work would have appeared in order. However now that same government is holding the current landowners and by proxy the current lease holders to task over what amounts to what they orchestrated and permitted in the first place.

Meanwhile the persons that allowed it to happen in the first place have long disappeared over the horizon with their coffers full. - Allegedly :)

Edited by Pomthai

I neither said that it’s ok or that I condone encroachment. However, my point remains and is about where the blame is being placed and who the consequences will be felt by most. I highly doubt that the lease holders of many of the private villas within the various properties mentioned knowingly invested millions on leases based upon fake titles. I put it out there that at least 90% of those investors probably 100% were led to believe the land titles were real and legit. They would all likely have made their own legal enquires and check with the relevant government offices the legitimacy of the paper work before parting with their monies.

End result is that irrespective of any due diligence carried out, all documents and government paper work would have appeared in order. However now that same government is holding the current landowners and by proxy the current lease holders to task over what amounts to what they orchestrated and permitted in the first place.

Meanwhile the persons that allowed it to happen in the first place have long disappeared over the horizon with their coffers full. - Allegedly smile.png

I thought that the ex vice governor and the boss at the land office were going to be feeling the pain as it was those two ( allegedly) that spearheaded the falsifying and forgery of said land titles.

Meanwhile the persons that allowed it to happen in the first place have long disappeared over the horizon with their coffers full. - Allegedly smile.png

Thanks for the clarification, I guess your 10 lines about the positives of this encroachment had me confused.

You do have a point IMO in that innocent present land owners should not become the victims of this. Some of the present private house owners may be innocent victims, but the major resorts that have been built/are being built on encroached land seem to be just as guilty as the people they persuaded to help them out.

NO! it's not ok but what is being said what is the point in tearing them down after all these years and just making another big mess in the Forest land... Sue the buggers big time but there is no point at all in tearing them , buldozing them to the ground ... that is senseless ....So what the government has to do now is GET SERIOUS ABOUT PREVENTING ENCROACHMENT ...!

I wish they would come over to krabi just this week in national park about 40 rai beachfront trees cut down and burnt ready to be built on

I feel for you as I live in Chiang Mai in a fairly small type of Moo Ban but a beautifull one .. well was a beautiful one till 2 years ago some jerk decided to cut down 15 of these beautiful tall pines .... Then last year my wonderfull neighbor cut down yet another 15 of them ... WHY...?? Ohh They may fall over and break the house...too much wind! same response from both of them ... Reality ...= too lazy to sweep up the endless needles that fall from them or pay someone to do it.... In the past 15 years 1 tree fell onto the road that too !!... But hey let's cut them all down ///!! ... This year , just 2 months ago yet another 34 were cut down /...~!!!! the once beautiful mooban this was now looks like a cemetary inhabited by ghosts because the trunks left are at least 1 to 1 1/2 meters tall //// and have they cleaned up the debris ...?? Guess !! What a depressing scenario ... And if one complains then they all turn against you so you just have to grind your teeth and SHUT THE HELL UP ... It makes me sick !!

NO! it's not ok but what is being said what is the point in tearing them down after all these years and just making another big mess in the Forest land... Sue the buggers big time but there is no point at all in tearing them , buldozing them to the ground ... that is senseless ....So what the government has to do now is GET SERIOUS ABOUT PREVENTING ENCROACHMENT ...!

Really? What is the point? I'll tell you the point. These ex local government officials took money to change what was public land into private resort land. Duh! Amazing you really don't have a clue! Shut up!

Really? What is the point? I'll tell you the point. These ex local government officials took money to change what was public land into private resort land. Duh! Amazing you really don't have a clue! Shut up!

I will after this but never will I shut up to your stupid and arrogant replies and this applies to MTL also

Shocking news! DNP will raise entrance fees to National parks with 150% (Bangkok post 21 Aug 2012) say they lack funds for park management, after spending 32 million baht for tourism trips of officials to Kenya and the USA while confiscated elephants and wild animals die of neglect and hunger. (evidence of DNP staff visiting Hollywood and Las Vegas on "study trip")

อธิบดีกรมอุทยานฯพาเจ้าหน้าที่เที่ยวเคนย่า ฮอลลีวู๊ด ลาสเว กัส ใช้งบ 32 ล้าน แต่ปล่อยสัตว์ป่าของกลางหิวโซ อดตาย !

กรมอุทยานแห่งชาติฯโดยนายดำรงค์ พิเดช อธิบดี ใช้งบประมาณ 32 ล้านบาท นำเจ้าหน้าที่ 300 คนไปศึกษาดูงานที่เคนย่าและสหรัฐอเมริกา โด...

ยมีการไปเที่ยวฮอลลีวู๊ด และลาสเวกัส ทำให้เกิดคำถามว่าการใช้จ่ายงบประมาณจากค่าธรรมเนียมในการเข้าชมอุทยานแห่งชาติเป็นไปอย่างคุ้มค่าหรือไม่ เพราะในขณะที่อธิบดีจัดงบประมาณนำทีมเจ้าหน้าที่ไปต่างประเทศ แต่กลับไม่จัดสรรงบประมาณอย่างเพียงพอในการดูแลสัตว์ป่าของกลางที่กรมอุทยานแห่งชาติยึดเอาไว้ ปล่อยให้ผอมโซ และอดตายไปจำนวนมาก

โดยเมื่อวันที่ 22 มี.ค. ที่ผ่านมา มีรายงานข่าวว่า ช้างของกลางชื่อพัง สีทอง อายุ 17 ปี ตายทั้งกลมในขณะตั้งท้องได้ 7 เดือน โดยไม่ทราบสาเหตุ และช้างตัวดังกล่าวยังตั้งท้องได้ 7 เดือน คาดว่าเพราะอยู่ในสภาพขาดน้ำในช่วงขนย้ายจากไทรโยค มาที่จ.ลำปาง

นอกจากนี้ ยังพบว่ามีช้างอีกหลายเชือก ที่ถูกล่ามโซ่ เรียงกันไว้เฉยๆไม่มีอาหารและเจ้าหน้าที่ดูแลอย่างเพียงพอ เนื่องจากกรมอุทยานไม่ได้จัดงบประมาณในการดูแล เนื่องจาก เจ้าหน้าที่มีไม่เพียงพอ รวมทั้งอาหารของช้าง

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c158.0.403.403/p403x403/480075_274040616041884_217624308_n.jpg

Edited by annabel

I will after this but never will I shut up to your stupid and arrogant replies and this applies to MTL also

Shocking news! DNP will raise entrance fees to National parks with 150% (Bangkok post 21 Aug 2012) say they lack funds for park management, after spending 32 million baht for tourism trips of officials to Kenya and the USA while confiscated elephants and wild animals die of neglect and hunger. (evidence of DNP staff visiting Hollywood and Las Vegas on "study trip")

อธิบดีกรมอุทยานฯพาเจ้าหน้าที่เที่ยวเคนย่า ฮอลลีวู๊ด ลาสเว กัส ใช้งบ 32 ล้าน แต่ปล่อยสัตว์ป่าของกลางหิวโซ อดตาย !

กรมอุทยานแห่งชาติฯโดยนายดำรงค์ พิเดช อธิบดี ใช้งบประมาณ 32 ล้านบาท นำเจ้าหน้าที่ 300 คนไปศึกษาดูงานที่เคนย่าและสหรัฐอเมริกา โด...

ยมีการไปเที่ยวฮอลลีวู๊ด และลาสเวกัส ทำให้เกิดคำถามว่าการใช้จ่ายงบประมาณจากค่าธรรมเนียมในการเข้าชมอุทยานแห่งชาติเป็นไปอย่างคุ้มค่าหรือไม่ เพราะในขณะที่อธิบดีจัดงบประมาณนำทีมเจ้าหน้าที่ไปต่างประเทศ แต่กลับไม่จัดสรรงบประมาณอย่างเพียงพอในการดูแลสัตว์ป่าของกลางที่กรมอุทยานแห่งชาติยึดเอาไว้ ปล่อยให้ผอมโซ และอดตายไปจำนวนมาก

โดยเมื่อวันที่ 22 มี.ค. ที่ผ่านมา มีรายงานข่าวว่า ช้างของกลางชื่อพัง สีทอง อายุ 17 ปี ตายทั้งกลมในขณะตั้งท้องได้ 7 เดือน โดยไม่ทราบสาเหตุ และช้างตัวดังกล่าวยังตั้งท้องได้ 7 เดือน คาดว่าเพราะอยู่ในสภาพขาดน้ำในช่วงขนย้ายจากไทรโยค มาที่จ.ลำปาง

นอกจากนี้ ยังพบว่ามีช้างอีกหลายเชือก ที่ถูกล่ามโซ่ เรียงกันไว้เฉยๆไม่มีอาหารและเจ้าหน้าที่ดูแลอย่างเพียงพอ เนื่องจากกรมอุทยานไม่ได้จัดงบประมาณในการดูแล เนื่องจาก เจ้าหน้าที่มีไม่เพียงพอ รวมทั้งอาหารของช้าง

https://fbcdn-sphoto...217624308_n.jpg

Nice link. It's so low resolution I think only you can tell what it's about... I really don't understand what you think is good about corrupt public officials selling public land to connected people...

Anyway.........................does anyone else question the timing of this? Some of the resorts on the list have been there for years, why now for what I see as clear extortion attempts?

Politics?

Not really. This work was started way back in 2000. All cases have been dormant during the coup gov and democrat gov. I think this Damrong was the DG of the DNP before the coup. It looks like he was given a chance to continue work he started already.

I don't think they discriminate with regards to resort owners. Red or blue.

Nice link. It's so low resolution I think only you can tell what it's about... I really don't understand what you think is good about corrupt public officials selling public land to connected people...

And where exactly did I say that ...??? I am talking about the corruption around and of Damrong and his pure intentions regardless of the causes ... You need a high resolution pic to make out what is being said in the Bangkok Post ... well go and get it from the Bangkok Post ...

And where exactly did I say that ...??? I am talking about the corruption around and of Damrong and his pure intentions regardless of the causes ... You need a high resolution pic to make out what is being said in the Bangkok Post ... well go and get it from the Bangkok Post ...

The topic of this thread was "Damrong Leads National Park Raids On Phuket Resorts." But I suppose any mention of Damrong gets you all wound up with some other crusade you have. Sorry, but I would like to stay on the topic of this thread...

Edit:

I see. Most members must have either blocked or don't bother to respond to you posts. I think I'll follow their lead in the future. Good luck with your cause...

Edited by Jimi007