Five Transvestite Thammasat Graduates Allowed To Be Dressed As Girl Students For Commencement

Lite Beer

handed in a medical certificate showing he has gender identity disorder

Great, now they get a certificate to re-enforce stereotyping, or was that just badly worded. whistling.gif

A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only if it causes significant distress or disability. Many transgender people do not experience their gender as distressing or disabling, which implies that identifying as transgender does not constitute a mental disorder.
This diagnosis is highly controversial among some mental health professionals and transgender communities. Some contend that the diagnosis inappropriately pathologizes gender noncongruence and should be eliminated.

APA

• Like 1

Transgendered people become "transvestites" in the Nation.

Nowhere in the Nation article does it say that they are transgender.

No. But I don't think we are dealing here with a bunch of men who are cross-dressing. Have you read the article? I.e. "they have studied as girl students..." Being a girl (student) does not just mean wearing a specific type of attire. There is more than just a dress code to it. Look at the latest picture in this thread.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

But at a large cost. The Thai Government earns hundreds of millions of baht from transvestite shows at Pattaya. So to hospitals such as Y a n h e e hospital that specializes is sex reorientation procedures. Just these two industries (I won't mention others) generate so much revenue for the government and all the government can do is have them accept that they (transvestites) are sick in order to receive their diploma? That's lame IMHO.

What's all the fuss about? Kudos to the transgenders... good for them. I am sure they would have complied by a decision to dress as men, but that is not the case. I am sure they asked for this and did it through the proper channels. They sound like reasonable and law-abiding citizens to me, who have just completed a full course at a Uni and got a degree through perseverance and hard work . Well-deserved and congratulations.

No. But I don't think we are dealing here with a bunch of men who are cross-dressing. Have you read the article? I.e. "they have studied as girl students..." Being a girl (student) does not just mean wearing a specific type of attire. There is more than just a dress code to it. Look at the latest picture in this thread.

In the article it consistently says that they are transvestites. Any other assumptions made are just that - assumptions without any evidence.

One of the TU people mentioned is my student, she has achieved very good grades, very focused, always contibuted well to class case study work etc, always very balanced, nicely presented, polite, and very well accepted by the other class members and faculty. My congratulations.

In the article it consistently says that they are transvestites. Any other assumptions made are just that - assumptions without any evidence.

See #5 for evidence.

Edited by Morakot