webfact

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's like that.

When shown he's wrong, it's 'discussion closed' time.

That would be circa once then, and not on this occasion smile.png

I can understand you're uncomfortable when your assertion is shown to be wrong.

The article says that Abhisit mentioned the idea. That's a little different from promising it and running with it as a main election pledge.

I guess I am not alone

Thai general election, 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Thai_elections

Abhisit had promised to raise the minimum wage to 300 baht prior to the elections, but changed his mind after pressure from employers. Angry Man

Citing a wiki entry that is based on the same source as your earlier source doesn't improve your situation. ;)

Try again.

Edited by Buchholz

I accept there was no election promise by Abhisit

Abhisit mentioned the 300 baht minimum wage, unfortunately he chose to favour the profit margins of business rather than support the under paid workers

The Header on this thread is already highlighting the fact that the 300 baht minumum is falling behind the rising cost of living

Happy smile.png

• Like 1

Abhisit mentioned the 300 baht minimum wage, unfortunately he chose to favour the profit margins of business rather than support the under paid workers

The Header on this thread is already highlighting the fact that the 300 baht minumum is falling behind the rising cost of living

Happy smile.png

Your perception is that he gave in to business interests. IMHO he was informed/realised that such an action would lead Thailand into the inflation spiral we are currently seeing.

Any advance on B350? Will someone offer B400?

Edited by OzMick

Happy smile.png

Provisionally Ecstatic :)

for

Happy smile.png

Provisionally Ecstatic smile.png

for

I also accept anything he did promise he is not in a position to deliver.........did he promise his supporters they would win the election?

Edited by 473geo

Happy smile.png

for

I also accept anything he did promise he is not in a position to deliver.........did he promise his supporters they would win the election?

You should quit while you're ahead with the one you did get right.

Happy smile.png

for

Who was it that said "i promise you in six months you will all be rich"

Happy smile.png

for

Who was it that said "i promise you in six months you will all be rich"

Amazing ability of political figures to get it wrong, good job they do not run the country....smile.png

Happy smile.png

Your perception is that he gave in to business interests. IMHO he was informed/realised that such an action would lead Thailand into the inflation spiral we are currently seeing.

That's a good one Mick, considering there are numerous posters here who appear to be of the opinion your cause of the inflation spiral is not yet implemented clap2.gif

• Like 1

Re #161

Agreed. Fortunately or unfortunately, governments run the country, not politicians... smile.png

You are of course welcome to your opinion......though erring a litte on the naive side I think.......ever heard of the constitutional court?

Re #161

Agreed. Fortunately or unfortunately, governments run the country, not politicians... smile.png

You are of course welcome to your opinion......though erring a litte on the naive side I think.......ever heard of the constitutional court?

Just agreeing with you. You mean you disagree with yourself? You must find that awkward, or perhaps not.

Re #161

Just agreeing with you. You mean you disagree with yourself? You must find that awkward, or perhaps not.

I wrote political figures do not run the country...... you stated governments run the country.........and you cannot see the difference?......oh dear

That's a good one Mick, considering there are numerous posters here who appear to be of the opinion your cause of the inflation spiral is not yet implemented clap2.gif

That would be "not yet FULLY implemented." I expect inflation will get a nice little kick along come Jan1, but 40% seems to have been a good start.

BTW there are other anti-inflationary measures that could have been implemented to reduce the sudden wage-rise's inflationary effects. AFAIK none have, and several have been counter-productive (lowering of tax and interest rates, first home and car buyer's schemes, fuel pricing). Economic incompetence pandering to populism.

• Like 1

Thailand is competing with Vietnam for low wage manufacturing which is now leaving China. Go down the low wage route and you've got to keep on paying near slave rate salaries. Fill your factories with more and more dirt poor neighbouring country serfs and eventually conduct more and more manufacturing in Burma itself. The bottom line's lookin' good boys!

Good for us expats too as Thailand will remain undeveloped and cheap to live in for the foreseeable future.

The country's booming. The streets of Chiang Mai are clogged with brand new cars! .....all bought on credit but......