'Incorruptible' Prison Guard Slain: Drug Gang Blamed

Lite Beer

Maybe an idear to spike the drugs

going into the prison with arsnic...

Could stop the whole business

in on swoop.

better give it for free to addicted....that will take out the profit.

Sometimes the stupidity of some of posters on this forum leaves me speechless. How about, no, now I believe this might be a difficult concept for the ignorant 'hang 'em and flog 'em' brigade who, depressingly, proliferate this forum to understand, the 'authorities' go after the main suppliers? Or are they amongst the 'authorities' and therefore 'untouchable'? Seriously. Someone please name a major Thai drug dealer having been arrested/prosecuted ever? Edited by silsburyhill

As with any crime story, I have to say, how convenient the top 'dog' is away when the killing takes place. Straight out of 'gangster 101'. The perfect alibi. And you can bet the majority of the guards knew date, if not time, of his death. Problem solved so the top 'dog' need not handle any more 'complaints' to try to act upon.

• Like 1

quote name='Canada' timestamp='1345376129' post='5586277']

DRUGS: The Scourge Of Society

All the ones that are so intrenched in the supply of drugs are the ones that are the Bile of this world.

No...prohibition is the scourge of society. Keeping the profits available for criminals to take is what ought to be criminal. People are so freaking lazy in their thinking.

And here we go again with the the Libertarian Thinkless Tank.

Okay. Let's start with meth/ice/yabaa, flavour of the month if not this particular decade.

Show a potential user/customer a video/talk to those already lost to this devastating drug, as to how they will look in just a few short months time and ask them, as 'non previous experiencers would you like to go ahead and smoke/shoot up'? I believe most would decline, as to the rest? Natural selection. And the rest of us have to put up with them until they fall apart. We're not talking the occasional joint here.

My deepest condolences to K. Aod's family after this terrible act, truely.

For me, it is worrying to read the comments from the majority of posters here so far praising the integrity of this prison guard. The fact that he was simply doing his job seperates him from the rest of the prison guards who in the eyes of most, are themselves corrupt within a corrupt system. I am certain he was not alone.

The authorities should be making a conserted effort bringing the people responsible for this to justice, no stone left unturned. The psychological message something like this carries to the rest of the prison guards is massive and the longer it is left unsolved, the greater the strength of the message.

• Like 1

So sad to see those who stand for justice and what is right being killed by others who are motivated by greed. I hope the current government will adequately compensate the victims family for the price he paid standing against corruption.

No chance. He was wearing a uniform, not a red shirt.

Gotta wear the latter if you wanna get the cash, uh!

This reminds me of the film American Gangster where Russell Crowe and his partner found the $1million and turned it in after debate. They became marks of other corrupt cops after turning in the money. You also see this theme in Training Day with Denzel Washington where a cop refuses to take skim and becomes a mark of other cops.

It was probably other guards in the jail who killed this guy not the inmates. The inmates woud just work around him. The other cops had money stream at stake with him alive. They should look within their own ranks rather than pinning his execution on some inmate already struggling to stay alive.

• Like 1

Dunno what this guys salery was but I would bet it wasn't worth the price he paid, tragic ending and the scourge that is ice kills another innocent victim.

I understand what you mean altough it sounds like there's some bizarre undertone in the way you put it.

Probably it's just me and you didn't mean to sound like I thought you did.

Under no circumstances would turning a blind eye on what's happening inside the prison or being a criminal with the criminals or even acting corrupt as maybe some of his colleagues compensate a low salary.

Integrity can not be bought.

I have lots of respect for honorable people.

May he rest in peace. My condolences to the family.

Dunno what you are reading but I simply questioned that weather a salery of most likely less than 10,000 baht was worth dying for and in no way suggested the man should take bribes like all the other.

If you look around the world for changes regarding drug taking dealing probably the best example is Thailand I am sure many people on this forum remember Thailand in the early 80’s or before when the street kids tried to sell you the special chocolate bars now it is flowers they try and sell big change, its only my opinion but Thailand is changing back to the 80’s again being overrun by drugs and drug dealers once again time to stamp it out for once and for all they did it before and I am sure they could do it again.

I have no problem with people smoking the marijane or hash,

but taking heroin or pure speed (ice) and the drinking of alcohol causes problems to other people.

Its this shit that people make big money from in short time.

I myself don't drink alcohol or smoke sigarettes or take anny other drugs.

Another act of bastardy by Thai law enforcement agencies. This man's management knew of this efforts and the likely outcome. Yet he was not provided any protection or transferred.

Protection. By whom? He was straining against the very fabric of Thai society. The man was a Demi-God. He was the Anna Hazari of Thailand. If he were Catholic, there is a chance he would be beautified by the church, and become a saint. This man heard an inner voice, and followed it against all odds. His life was an example to the entire nation. Hopefully his death will be a wake up call. Thailand is marching backwards at an alarming pace. It is defying all odds. When it comes to industry, tourism, flood control, obeying the ASEAN charter, and many other areas, they are marching backwards, and much to the detriment of the Thai people. On Samui the local people are on a suicide mission. Even though tourism is falling off, the prices are going up, at an alarming pace. People just do not see how destructive their thoughtless actions are. The only thing that is competitive on Samui are the house rentals. All else has no connection to reality. The hotel people would rather run a 50% vacancy level, than lower their prices. I see restaurants that recently opened, with very high prices (comparable to Los Angeles, or Sydney) that are nothing special on any level. They sit nearly empty night, after night. And this is during the mini high season. Does anyone figure it out? Does anyone connect the corruption here with a declining way of life?

If he was catholic? Samui rent prices too expensive for you? You can't afford to eat out in Samui?

I don't understand your post and it's relation to this topic.

28m0oc4.jpg

37-year old Nathapon Raya, a former prison officer at Nakhon Si Thammarat Central prison, who was arrested today along with his wife and 6 others on charges of selling drugs in the prison. Valuables seized at his home include a car and cash in his account of 68 million Baht.

http://www.thairath....ewspaper/285902

Surely a prison guard having 68 million Baht in his account must have raised an alarm with someone, that sort of money does not go un-noticed.