Best Breakfast In Cm?

brotherother

I've always wanted to know how they make the ommlettes in thailand the way they do. You know all folded like a little fillet. The best brekkie I have had is the ommlette in Raming Lodge. Yummmm

I have watched them and it is the way I make my omallets, spelling, you scramble the egg let it cook a bit put in a bit of stuff and then tilt the pan and start pushing the mess down with gravity flipping a bit as you go. In the states the omallets are a bit over cooked and the taste isn't good.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant understand all the debate. McDonalds Sausage or Bacon & Egg McMuffin, Hash Brown and Coffee. 113 Baht. In value for money terms and yes, for this product only, I never eat anything else there ever, its by far the best value in town.

Bet that starts a riot.....but you know I m right, as always!!

And then the stomach ache starts up as you have over loaded your system with bad oil.

Well, since someone has already mentioned us, let me add this. Two of the best selling meals we have are "The Superman Breakfast" and the "Chicken Fried Steak Dinner". A couple days ago, one or our regulars, who is torn between the two and which to order, suggested ' why not offer the Superman with a portion of the Chicken Fried Steak. My answer was "What for Breakfast???"

I tried it and dam_n it was realllllly good.

So here it is...... As with all our meals...... preferably for the serious eaters..... Now Big Bob you will have to think further. tongue.png

Pun Pun's Superman w Chicken Fried Steak Breakfast.

ChickenFriedSuperman.jpg

Would somebody please post directions to the PunPun, I'm pretty sure it's fairly near me (Watkate) but I haven't got a clue where, thanks.

Well, since someone has already mentioned us, let me add this. Two of the best selling meals we have are "The Superman Breakfast" and the "Chicken Fried Steak Dinner". A couple days ago, one or our regulars, who is torn between the two and which to order, suggested ' why not offer the Superman with a portion of the Chicken Fried Steak. My answer was "What for Breakfast???"

I tried it and dam_n it was realllllly good.

So here it is...... As with all our meals...... preferably for the serious eaters..... Now Big Bob you will have to think further. tongue.png

Pun Pun's Superman w Chicken Fried Steak Breakfast.

ChickenFriedSuperman.jpg

Would somebody please post directions to the PunPun, I'm pretty sure it's fairly near me (Watkate) but I haven't got a clue where, thanks.

Thanks for your interest in The Pun Pun

Directions by landmarks: The Pun Pun is at 321 Charoenrat Rd. ... That is the street running along the East bank of the River

Wat Gate is very close.... starting from a welll known landmark, "The Brasserie " , which is on Charoenrat, travel in a North direction along the river. You will come to a traffic light. This is the light at the East side of the Nakornping Bridge. Continue straight thru this light and about 100 metres on your left will be the Rimping Condo. Continue north on Charoenrat about 500 -600 metres and on your left you will see another tall condo. This is "The Embassy House Condo". The Pun Pun is the next property North of this condo, and is before the next traffic light which will be the light at the Rattanakosin Bridge also known as Rama IX Bridge

You can also click on the yellow Pun Pun Banner on the top of the Chiang Mai Forum. Inside there is a map showing our location.

or

You can Google The Pun Pun Guest House in Chiang Mai and there is a pinned location on the Google Map

or if you do not have your own transport and take a Tuk Tuk, they should know as The Pun Pun has been in the same location for about 28 years.

Hope to see you soon and as the other red roof guy sez..... "we'll keep a light on for ya"

Gonzo

Thanks Gonzo, I've driven past perhaps a couple hundred times and never spotted you, just goes to show how observant I am (not). Anyway, I'm ready for a new breakfast venue now that Art's has decided to change their breakfast enchilada's to breafast enchilada's with bags of salt!

see you soon.

Had that Super Man Breakfast with the Chicken Fried Steak yesterday at about 10:30 and it was a winner, very tasty, will definitely have it again next week. No need for lunch and a snack for dinner was enough. Thanks Gonzo.

My arteries would clog just looking at it, but my friend (a portly chap) tells me that it is one amazing feed and like you, says it will last him the whole day.

• Like 1

Had that Super Man Breakfast with the Chicken Fried Steak yesterday at about 10:30 and it was a winner, very tasty, will definitely have it again next week. No need for lunch and a snack for dinner was enough. Thanks Gonzo.

My arteries would clog just looking at it,

Quite a problem you have, what is it called?

Edited by Dante99

My arteries would clog just looking at it,

Quite a problem you have, what is it called?

"PunPunitis"

• Like 1

Interesting choice of breakfast menu at a popular Moonmuang establishment:

item 1: if you didnt get lucky last night.....like the saying how do you like your eggs?

item 5: dont like anything French, but offering their toes is in- cre- deeb-ler, n'est-ce pas

post-150623-0-60948700-1348148753_thumb.

Cant understand all the debate. McDonalds Sausage or Bacon & Egg McMuffin, Hash Brown and Coffee. 113 Baht. In value for money terms and yes, for this product only, I never eat anything else there ever, its by far the best value in town.

Bet that starts a riot.....but you know I m right, as always!!

And then the stomach ache starts up as you have over loaded your system with bad oil.

Bad Oil? The only bad oil I ve had in Thailand is from loads of Thai restaurants where they dont change the oil for ages regardless of what theyre cooking. I ve had chicken tasting of fish before now because theyve used the same oil for two totally different products. I m betting that cleanliness standards in McDonalds are way higher than most Thai restaurants!!

• Like 1

I use Bake and Bite off Nimman a couple of times a week, opens at 07.00, on my way back from Swimming at C of Uni.

Excellent selection and if the Young Ladies are on early start Good service.

john

....but if "the young ladies" are NOT on early start presumably not good service? Therein lies the problem. How many times and places do we have to hang around waiting for the little darlings to get themselves up and out of bed at times when places are supposed to be open. McDonalds is always on time. See my earlier post!!

The place often has service problems, but it's not as if that's an unusual thing in these parts. Go there about 10 AM almost any morniing, sit down at a table, and you'll just get ignored.

We have a genuine tragedy unfolding in our midst. Some poor souls have travelled half way around the world, only to discover that Mcdonalds is as good as it gets. Mcdonalds is not food, it's fuel for the masses, and like anything that is mass produced it is bland. They don't mass produce Ferraris or Saville row suits, they are hand made and lovingly assembled. I'm not a health food nut, I enjoy a "gut bomb" several times a month, but let's be clear, Mcdonalds does not produce the best of anything.

Edited by ramrod711

Who thinks McDonald's is "the best"? It tastes pretty good and is not expensive for what you get and especially for breakfast. However, other than Thai food (which some people do not like), the truth is that you are not going to get "the best" in Thailand very often at all.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Who thinks McDonald's is "the best"? It tastes pretty good and is not expensive for what you get and especially for breakfast. However, other than Thai food (which some people do not like), the truth is that you are not going to get "the best" in Thailand very often at all.

I,m not arguing with you about the food, the topic is, the best breakfasi in Chiang Mai. Postman Pat offered Mcdonalds as his choice, I don't agree, simple as that. I challenge anyone to tell me which Mcdonalds franchise is their favourite, they're all the same. They are supposed to be, indeed, they have to be, or they lose their franchise. When someone tells me that the Mcdonalds in Chiang Mai has the best breakfast, they might as well tell me that it is the best in the world, because......they're all the same.

I,m not arguing with you about the food, the topic is, the best breakfasi in Chiang Mai. Postman Pat offered Mcdonalds as his choice, I don't agree, simple as that. I challenge anyone to tell me which Mcdonalds franchise is their favourite, they're all the same. They are supposed to be, indeed, they have to be, or they lose their franchise. When someone tells me that the Mcdonalds in Chiang Mai has the best breakfast, they might as well tell me that it is the best in the world, because......they're all the same.

Well I would consider the sausage McMuffin to be right up there.

No McDonald's are not all the same close to it but there are differences between Thailand and the North America and I would imagine the one's in Muslim countries might not have pork burgers.

Well I would consider the sausage McMuffin to be right up there.

No McDonald's are not all the same close to it but there are differences between Thailand and the North America and I would imagine the one's in Muslim countries might not have pork burgers.

and the Thailand McDees, are probably not managed by American graduates with an Arts degree

Was in town yesterday and went to Ole Bell on the rec. in this stream. Asks employee sitting in front if they were open (it was after opening time) and she said yes. Parked car and proceeded to enter with 3 kids in tow and found front door locked. Asked her again if they were open and she said yes except no key to unlock door.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So me and Mrs CM finally made it to the Pun Pun for breakfast and we finally met Mr and Mrs Gonzo, I can heartily recommend both parts, the breakfast is good on the pallete/pocket whilst Mr Gonzo is outstanding company and a really nice guy, without question we shall return soon.

• Like 1