Best Breakfast In Cm?

brotherother

My personal best is Bake & Bite on Kotchasarn Rd Soi 1. They have a great breakfast selection. Love the Egg Bennie! And they know how to cook eggs over easy so that's a big plus for Thailand. They also have homemade wholewheat bread and healthy options that don't taste weird so that's a plus. Their Muesli Pancake are fantastic, best pancakes I've ever had. Coffee is very good. I've been there several times and never been disappointed. It's a bit on the pricey side but it's a nice treat once in a while.

Is it the best place for Breakfast around here? Who knows but it's a pretty decent one for Chiang Mai!

I like Bake and Bite too, but that location has been closed for several years. There is a newer one across the river, but it is difficult to explain how to get there.

A decade ago it was hard to explain. Today, it isn't. It's here: http://goo.gl/maps/Dz48V

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that a lot of posters above have some sort of death wish.

But regardless of the menu, the best place is in bed served by a nubile young lady.

Whatever. To each his own.....demise?!

I think that has more to do about luring a big fish..

My personal best is Bake & Bite on Kotchasarn Rd Soi 1. They have a great breakfast selection. Love the Egg Bennie! And they know how to cook eggs over easy so that's a big plus for Thailand. They also have homemade wholewheat bread and healthy options that don't taste weird so that's a plus. Their Muesli Pancake are fantastic, best pancakes I've ever had. Coffee is very good. I've been there several times and never been disappointed. It's a bit on the pricey side but it's a nice treat once in a while.

Is it the best place for Breakfast around here? Who knows but it's a pretty decent one for Chiang Mai!

I like Bake and Bite too, but that location has been closed for several years. There is a newer one across the river, but it is difficult to explain how to get there.

It has been there for years. Just cross the bridge by the American counccelit and pay attention there will be a sign on the right hand side of the road with a arrow pointing the way. I f you get to the stop lite bt the ice cream shop you have gone to far.

Tried em all and in my opinion The Pub albeit slightly more expensive is way out in front plus it is open at 7.30 am, cant recall exact price but was 200 ish however had trouble finishing it and it came with black pudding also coffee and fresh orange included.

One of the problems with a lot of these places is the consistency coupled with the fact that they do not know what 'on toast' means invariably whatever it is that you wanted 'on toast' will be at the side!

Another thing is the lack of correctly toasted 'toast' even asking for it to be toasted twice it still is for my liking under toasted!

Got a thing about toast........lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was recently recommended 'The Garden' which is located near Mc Donalds (Thape Gate), you get to it by walking along the soi that runs by the side of the 'flight of the Gibbon' office keep going for a couple of minutes and it is on the right opposite a rather old looking hotel.

I have been a few times the thing I like about it is that it opens at 7am and does great Eggs Benedict (so far no complaints) also good coffee and a very good scrambled egg with smoked salmon served on a choice of English muffins (American style) whole grain bread or baguette a little more expensive but you get what you pay for!

They also offer a, 'Pick one of each' choice of eggs, bread, meat, and veg (Fried/scrambled or poached eggs, whole wheat toast, bacon and beans) coffee (with one refill) and fresh orange juice for 160 baht.

The setting is quite nice open air garden type thing has smoking seating area, if I had to complain about something it would be the mosquito's

but there are low level fans which help.

Well worth a punt!

I use Bake and Bite off Nimman a couple of times a week, opens at 07.00, on my way back from Swimming at C of Uni.

Excellent selection and if the Young Ladies are on early start Good service.

john

....but if "the young ladies" are NOT on early start presumably not good service? Therein lies the problem. How many times and places do we have to hang around waiting for the little darlings to get themselves up and out of bed at times when places are supposed to be open. McDonalds is always on time. See my earlier post!!

I was recently recommended 'The Garden' which is located near Mc Donalds (Thape Gate), you get to it by walking along the soi that runs by the side of the 'flight of the Gibbon' office keep going for a couple of minutes and it is on the right opposite a rather old looking hotel.

I have been a few times the thing I like about it is that it opens at 7am and does great Eggs Benedict (so far no complaints) also good coffee and a very good scrambled egg with smoked salmon served on a choice of English muffins (American style) whole grain bread or baguette a little more expensive but you get what you pay for!

They also offer a, 'Pick one of each' choice of eggs, bread, meat, and veg (Fried/scrambled or poached eggs, whole wheat toast, bacon and beans) coffee (with one refill) and fresh orange juice for 160 baht.

The setting is quite nice open air garden type thing has smoking seating area, if I had to complain about something it would be the mosquito's

Well worth a punt!

I agree. Their hash brown potatoes with salmon is one of my favorite breakfast dishes and their pancakes and French toast are nice too. thumbsup.gif

Well worth a punt!

I don't know where the flight of the gibbon office is. I thought there was a garden restaurant in the old city though?? Is this one in the soi that runs behind mcdonalds parallel to the moat? i.e., you walk along the alley to the side of mcdonalds and then make a right?

The Bake and Bite have only one waiter on at 07.00 when there are few customers, the others start later.

Some days it's a young girl other times young boy.

As for Mcwhatever, rather you then little old me.

john

Edited by onthedarkside
racial remark removed

Cant understand all the debate. McDonalds Sausage or Bacon & Egg McMuffin, Hash Brown and Coffee. 113 Baht. In value for money terms and yes, for this product only, I never eat anything else there ever, its by far the best value in town.

Bet that starts a riot.....but you know I m right, as always!!

Got to agree with you they are a great value. Don't think much of their hash browns but the sandwiches are superb. and you can get just the sandwich if you want.

Best Value for an American Breakfast that we have found in Chiang Mai is located at Northland Guesthouse accross the street from the Eurana Boutique Hotel.

You can google Eurana Boutique hotel to get the exact location. If you are on the inside of the Moat and pass Taipae Gate you keep going North and Turn Left into Soi 7 which is right before you get to Riders Corner.

Go approx 100 meters and Northland Guesthouse will be on your RIGHT directly accross from the Eurana Boutique Hotel.

The cost is only 59 baht.

We always get the 2 or 3 eggs Scrambled with 4 or 5 pieces of Bacon, 4 pieces of Toast, Large Orange Juice and Hot Tea. All for 59 baht.

Don't see how she can make a profit giving soo much food.

It's run by a Thai lady that works alone and speaks english pretty good.

Even if the place is busy she gets the orders out pretty quickly.

Opens at 6 a.m.

We always get the 2 or 3 eggs Scrambled with 4 or 5 pieces of Bacon, 4 pieces of Toast, Large Orange Juice and Hot Tea. All for 59 baht.

It's hard to make a profit at that price, but if it's 59 Baht for all those items then it's the best deal in town.

It's hard to make a profit at that price, but if it's 59 Baht for all those items then it's the best deal in town.

Thais dont work for profit, they dont know what profit is; so they simply price jobs to live themselves or more often at a loss (which they dont see until its too late)

Whereas, farangs have the word "profit" engrained in our psyche but soon realise that when you incorporate it, you are pricing yourself out.

but 59bt for that fayre compares very favourably against a 30bt fried rice doesnt it?

I've always wanted to know how they make the ommlettes in thailand the way they do. You know all folded like a little fillet. The best brekkie I have had is the ommlette in Raming Lodge. Yummmm

always wanted to know?.....do you carry a white stick...........because the last time I stayed there, the chef actually cooks the omelettes infront of you; you just tell him what to throw in.

Not sure if it was good luck, or a case of double vision from a big night out, but as of today the amount of food on offer is about half as described. At 59 baht it still comes in as a cheap deal, and the service is quick and friendly.

Superman breakfast at the pun pun.

+2 and there is no requirement that you eat it first thing in the morning or have coffee with it, Pun Pun is not one of those inflexible mass production places. Try it, you'll like it.

+3 Just had it this morning great value as well as tasty.