Best Breakfast In Cm?

brotherother

Not Bake and Bite ! Google the place and it says the restaurant is near Changklan.. so after driving about for 20 minutes i find out its no longer there moved years ago ! Its now on soi 6 Nimanhamin... so i went this morning for the Eggs Benedict. NO SPINACH ?? NO POTATOES ?? 130 baht, muffin, 2 eggs, lots of hollanaise... was not impressed ! For a proper Eggs Benedict the restaurant on the corner of Tha Pae Road is the place, tried and tested ! Also the full English/American at Bake and Bite for 220 baht looked poor.. I likes me food !!

Spinach would mean you wanted Eggs Florentine, not Benedict.

There's a couple of Bake and Bites around, there's one very near me in Watkate which I've given up going to, despite it being so near. The breakfasts are always swimming in grease and the restaurant itself is always full of mossies, it's got to the point where staff now give customers the bottle of mossie spray as soon as they sit down.

PS: the best eggs bendict around is at Butter is Better on Chanklan, the hollandaise is near perfect whereas Arts tend to be too thick and is bright bright yellow for some reason.

Edited by chiang mai

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Bake and Bite ! Google the place and it says the restaurant is near Changklan.. so after driving about for 20 minutes i find out its no longer there moved years ago ! Its now on soi 6 Nimanhamin... so i went this morning for the Eggs Benedict. NO SPINACH ?? NO POTATOES ?? 130 baht, muffin, 2 eggs, lots of hollanaise... was not impressed ! For a proper Eggs Benedict the restaurant on the corner of Tha Pae Road is the place, tried and tested ! Also the full English/American at Bake and Bite for 220 baht looked poor.. I likes me food !!

Spinach would mean you wanted Eggs Florentine, not Benedict.

There's a couple of Bake and Bites around, there's one very near me in Watkate which I've given up going to, despite it being so near. The breakfasts are always swimming in grease and the restaurant itself is always full of mossies, it's got to the point where staff now give customers the bottle of mossie spray as soon as they sit down.

PS: the best eggs bendict around is at Butter is Better on Chanklan, the hollandaise is near perfect whereas Arts tend to be too thick and is bright bright yellow for some reason.

Finally made it out to the Bake and Bite east of the city. Pretty good; maybe not quite as good as Art Cafe though but the parking is way easier. I had their salmon eggs B and the OJ was fresh squeezed as it must be in any worthy breakfast joint. BTW I noticed a sign saying they would be closed Fridays. Next time will try the eggs B at Butter is Better.

Was in town yesterday and went to Ole Bell on the rec. in this stream. Asks employee sitting in front if they were open (it was after opening time) and she said yes. Parked car and proceeded to enter with 3 kids in tow and found front door locked. Asked her again if they were open and she said yes except no key to unlock door.

Sorry about that, Junglechef. These things happen in Thailand! The regular day girl was on her day off and my wife's aunt was standing in. She doesn't have a key, the chef does. Chef was a few minutes late. Love the helpful answer though - you've got to hand it to Thais - yes we're open but no have key! Anyway, my apologies again. I am PMing you a voucher for you and your family to retry our breakfasts for free. We open at 10am ish.....depending on when the staff arrive. By 10.15 they are usually rearing to go and ready to serve our wide variety of breakfasts

Our a la carte includes back bacon, streaky bacon, 3 different kinds of sausages, black pudding, baked beans, Bubble 'n Squeak, English Ham 'n Eggs, Cornflakes, Muesli, Croissants, Baguettes & Cheeses as well as a few different items: Scrambled Eggs and smoked Salmon on Toast, Poached Eggs with Vegemite or Marmite on toast and the like.

Set breakfasts include a Recession Buster for 95 baht, Classic English for 170Baht, The Great British for 245 baht, The Vegetarian for 150 Baht, The Continental for 245 baht or The Olde Bell Special which includes a Bloody Mary and a bottle of beer for 290 Baht.

To go with your breakfast we've got a range of recent British, Australian and Canadian newspapers; The Bangkok Post & BBC World or you can browse our little bookshop (try not to get your baked beans on the pages though!!)

• Like 1

The bagel and lox at B is B is especially good however the english sausage campaign appears to have stalled, I'm not sure what to make of them any more.

We're serving Lincolnshire sausages now instead of Cumberland. Personally, I prefer the Lincolnshire but a fair number of customers want the cumberland back, so the next batch will be cumberland.

. . . Anyway, my apologies again. I am PMing you a voucher for you and your family to retry our breakfasts for free.

See that, ladies and gents? Now that's the way to behave after making a mistake.

Just how did he make a mistake? He explained that the chef was a few minutes late. It happens...

My favorite (somewhat) healthy breakfast was muesli with a warm croissant at JJs on Thapae road. Unfortunately, they went out of business.

The original location is still in business.

Where is the original location??

On the left side of Thannon Charoen Muang heading away from the old city. If you hit the Superhighway you have gone too far. Past soi 6 or 7 I believe. Large parking lot.

Edited by elektrified

My favorite (somewhat) healthy breakfast was muesli with a warm croissant at JJs on Thapae road. Unfortunately, they went out of business.

The original location is still in business.

Where is the original location??

On the left side of Thannon Charoen Muang heading away from the old city. If you hit the Superhighway you have gone too far. Past soi 6 or 7 I believe. Large parking lot.

Are you sure it's stil open. We passed by it 2 days ago and I think it was empty and up for rent.

Are you sure it's stil open. We passed by it 2 days ago and I think it was empty and up for rent.

It was a few weeks ago. Isn't that the location where they bake(d) the bread? The bread is still for sale at Rimping and Tops.

Anything is possible here.... They could have moved. I'm sure a friend who knows the family told me they own the land.

If JJ's is closed, it would be a real shame. I remember when Dang had the hottest restaurant in town at the old Montri Hotel.

I remember JJ's being by The Montri. A few years ago it was one of the few reliable places to get a Brekkie. Now, as this thread is illustrating, there are a bewildering range of excellent establishments! How long ago did JJ's leave the Montri UG? Must be 10 years at least.

. . . Anyway, my apologies again. I am PMing you a voucher for you and your family to retry our breakfasts for free.

See that, ladies and gents? Now that's the way to behave after making a mistake.

Just how did he make a mistake? He explained that the chef was a few minutes late. It happens...

Wake up, Pedre is the Boss so all problems/mistakes are his - the joys of runing your own place.rolleyes.gif

Still, well done Perdre for stepping up !

If JJ's is closed, it would be a real shame. I remember when Dang had the hottest restaurant in town at the old Montri Hotel.

JJ's Bakery is still in business. I was in Rimping last night and their breads and other bakery items are all there for sale. I didn't have my glasses and couldn't read the label very well but I believe the old Charoen Muang address is still on there.

• Like 1

I remember JJ's being by The Montri. A few years ago it was one of the few reliable places to get a Brekkie. Now, as this thread is illustrating, there are a bewildering range of excellent establishments! How long ago did JJ's leave the Montri UG? Must be 10 years at least.

I would say at least 10 years. They then set up a big place in the Night Bazaar and two places on Thapae Road. They closed down one by one over many years. Like you said, much more competition than the old days.

Was in town yesterday and went to Ole Bell on the rec. in this stream. Asks employee sitting in front if they were open (it was after opening time) and she said yes. Parked car and proceeded to enter with 3 kids in tow and found front door locked. Asked her again if they were open and she said yes except no key to unlock door.
Sorry about that, Junglechef. These things happen in Thailand! The regular day girl was on her day off and my wife's aunt was standing in. She doesn't have a key, the chef does. Chef was a few minutes late. Love the helpful answer though - you've got to hand it to Thais - yes we're open but no have key! Anyway, my apologies again. I am PMing you a voucher for you and your family to retry our breakfasts for free. We open at 10am ish.....depending on when the staff arrive. By 10.15 they are usually rearing to go and ready to serve our wide variety of breakfasts Our a la carte includes back bacon, streaky bacon, 3 different kinds of sausages, black pudding, baked beans, Bubble 'n Squeak, English Ham 'n Eggs, Cornflakes, Muesli, Croissants, Baguettes & Cheeses as well as a few different items: Scrambled Eggs and smoked Salmon on Toast, Poached Eggs with Vegemite or Marmite on toast and the like. Set breakfasts include a Recession Buster for 95 baht, Classic English for 170Baht, The Great British for 245 baht, The Vegetarian for 150 Baht, The Continental for 245 baht or The Olde Bell Special which includes a Bloody Mary and a bottle of beer for 290 Baht. To go with your breakfast we've got a range of recent British, Australian and Canadian newspapers; The Bangkok Post & BBC World or you can browse our little bookshop (try not to get your baked beans on the pages though!!)

That's more than noble of you. Really not necessary but thank you for your apology, explanation and generosity. I realize were are not in Kansas anymore (nothing like a Wizard of Oz quote around Halloween) and probably wouldn't have even mentioned it if I wasn't having one of those bad days and was coming from the hospital after having tests for my 6 mnth old. Look forward the bash this weekend as I really enjoyed last time (which introduced to me to your place and I started me as a customer). As I have also owned restaurants in a previous life (not in the Buddhist sense), to me your doing all these things that create good will and are appreciated by customers showing their loyalty, Cheers!

Edited by junglechef

As the owner he is taking responsibility and making up for an inconvenienced customer. Though he more than made up for something that, yes does happen, as I also was just stating what happened (and I was not looking for a freeby). And to be honest I would not have gone back if I had not heard from him as I would have given my business to someone else I think might care more (or bother with the chance that it was not open again) but now I will not only continue being a customer but tell others how he responded so professionally.

It's nice to know where is the best Bufee Breakfast in Chiangmai , this would be interesting then package !

I try many times in Holiday in are expencive but good also the sunday brunch !

have someone other idea ?

thanks for support

The bagel and lox at B is B is especially good however the english sausage campaign appears to have stalled, I'm not sure what to make of them any more.

We're serving Lincolnshire sausages now instead of Cumberland. Personally, I prefer the Lincolnshire but a fair number of customers want the cumberland back, so the next batch will be cumberland.

I found the Lincolnshire to be way to dry.

• 1 month later...

Not really a breakfast person but,

I would not mind finding some banana pancakes with real crispy bacon

once in awhile

Any of these places serve that?

Thanks

Butter is better or Art Cafe. South side try the hideaway

Finally had a chance to go in today to Butter Is Better

for some banana pancakes & crisp bacon

Mmmmm it was very good

First time I have had bacon in over 7 months thinking it

wouldn't be good here in Thailand but their bacon was just the way I like it.

The Banana Pancakes were delicious too!

Edited by mania

the un Irish is by far the best

Do they do pancakes & such?

I dont eat eggs etc. so breakfast out usually means pancakes or waffles etc.

I will say BisB was very good today & I am still full at 3pm

Not use to a big breakfast & usually just a toast & coffee person ;)

Edited by mania

Have to give Rob at Sausage king a shout out here because his breakfasts at the Sausage King Garden Restaurant ARE MASSIVE the full dogs <deleted> including Black pudding if you like it beans back bacon sausage eggs (cooked to perfection) hash browns, tomatoes toast, coffee or tea for

99 Baht w00t.gif

ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT DOUBT the best value and best breakfast in Chiang Mai and the price is just unbeatable.

I travel on a regualr basis to Robs because you just cant beat the value since he also offers all his other meals at 99 -120 baht as well as fresh curries with Pila rice for 99 baht and his Thai food is cheaper than the roadside stalls

I am trying to convince Rob to do a Sunday Carvery cos i am sure he would make a KILLING offering a choice of Roast Beef, Roast Chicken,Roast Lamb, Roast Pork and all the trimmings i for one would be a regular sunday visitor

Wish I lived in San Sai I would eat there every day.sometimes you have to hunt for space to sit, since the word is out and he needs to expand already :)

Keep up the good work Rob the value and portion sizes are amazing don't know how you do it, just don't stop clap2.gif

DK

Edited by DiamondKing
  • Like 1

Have to give Rob at Sausage king a shout out here because his breakfasts at the Sausage King Garden Restaurant ARE MASSIVE the full dogs <deleted> including Black pudding if you like it beans back bacon sausage eggs (cooked to perfection) hash browns, tomatoes toast, coffee or tea for

99 Baht w00t.gif

ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT DOUBT the best value and best breakfast in Chiang Mai and the price is just unbeatable.

I travel on a regualr basis to Robs because you just cant beat the value since he also offers all his other meals at 99 -120 baht as well as fresh curries with Pila rice for 99 baht and his Thai food is cheaper than the roadside stalls

I am trying to convince Rob to do a Sunday Carvery cos i am sure he would make a KILLING offering a choice of Roast Beef, Roast Chicken,Roast Lamb, Roast Pork and all the trimmings i for one would be a regular sunday visitor

Wish I lived in San Sai I would eat there every day.sometimes you have to hunt for space to sit, since the word is out and he needs to expand already smile.png

Keep up the good work Rob the value and portion sizes are amazing don't know how you do it, just don't stop clap2.gif

DK

Another plug for his best mate 41.gif

• Like 1

99 Baht w00t.gif

Wish I lived in San Sai I would eat there every day.sometimes you have to hunt for space to sit, since the word is out and he needs to expand already smile.png

DK

Rob is not my best mate not by far but you cannot deny the value and quality of food he provides if you don't like it don't read it but wasting your time posting a totally stupid and pointless response shows just what a sad case you are

DK

• Like 1

99 Baht w00t.gif

DK

Rob is not my best mate not by far but you cannot deny the value and quality of food he provides if you don't like it don't read it but wasting your time posting a totally stupid and pointless response shows just what a sad case you are

DK

To be fair i love his faggotts but thats as far as it goes !