Which All Banks Here Offer Virtual Prepaid Visa/Mastercard Card Services?

What did your bank say when you told them your debit card was not being accepted?

When I first came here my Siam Comm bank card wasnt accepted and I told the bank and after a couple of minutes on the keyboard it was sorted and never had a problem since.

HL biggrin.png

I am not entirely sure but I think it is because it is a Visa Electron debit card which can only be used for withdrawing money from ATMs. In any case I am looking for virtual prepaid debit card services if any bank here offers them as these are designed especially for online usage.

• Like 1

What did your bank say when you told them your debit card was not being accepted?

When I first came here my Siam Comm bank card wasnt accepted and I told the bank and after a couple of minutes on the keyboard it was sorted and never had a problem since.

HL biggrin.png

w00t.gif I went thru all banks and when telling it is not accepted I saw only stupid faces.....

Kasikorn did the job.

Check out k-bank's k-cyber banking service. They have a virtual credit card you can use for online shopping.

thanks David, thats exactly what I was looking for :) I dont think such systems are popular here though, I called up Krungsri and most other bank's customer services and all I got were long pauses and umms and ughs.

peace out mate.

Ah. Do you mean a Visa Debit card or a Visa Credit card? There are pre-paid versions of both. Credit cards can be used in many more places than debit cards can. I know. Years ago I had a pre-paid credit card and it was great. used it just for mandatory credit card usage things, such as renting cars. Realy can't rent a car in the USA without a credit card, even if your debit card has a $50,000 USD balance behind it!

I have a Kbank debit card and I was online with them this morning.Below is some of the information I asked about.

I hope that this may help some people.

W: Good morning, I would like to transfer Thai baht from my account to my PayPal account.

P: It cannot be done

W: Why not?

P: it can only be used for shopping through internet

P: or any payments

W: Can I link my debit card to PayPal instead?

P: Yes, u can

P: you have to register your debit card at Kasikorn ATM machine first.

P: If you have debit card and register for a service called "Internet Shopping by K-Debit Card" at K-ATM machine, you can register a member of PayPal.

P: When you register, PayPal ask you to fill your card information.

Then they will deduct a small amount on your account, you will get SMS show 4 digits for verification.

P: If you do it already, you can join with them.

W: I tried that before but I could not see the 4 digit number on my bank statement.

P: If you use debit card, the code will be sent to your cell phone only

P: if you cannot get, please contact K-contact centre at Tel. 0 2888 8800

• Like 1

I have a Kbank debit card and I was online with them this morning.Below is some of the information I asked about.

W: Good morning, I would like to transfer Thai baht from my account to my PayPal account.

P: If you have debit card and register for a service called "Internet Shopping by K-Debit Card" at K-ATM machine, you can register a member of PayPal.

Then they will deduct a small amount on your account, you will get SMS show 4 digits for verification.

W: I tried that before but I could not see the 4 digit number on my bank statement.

Thanks, this was helpful.

Ah. Do you mean a Visa Debit card or a Visa Credit card? There are pre-paid versions of both. Credit cards can be used in many more places than debit cards can. I know. Years ago I had a pre-paid credit card and it was great. used it just for mandatory credit card usage things, such as renting cars. Realy can't rent a car in the USA without a credit card, even if your debit card has a $50,000 USD balance behind it!

Personally I would prefer Debit Cards for online transactions as should your card details be compromised, there is no credit limit on the card which can be abused. This is why I want virtual prepaid cards for as well; since these are disposable, you can transfer the amount you intend to use, buy your stuff and then either the card goes blank or you simply delete it.

Edited by rogerdoger10

Thanks, this was helpful.

Personally I would prefer Debit Cards for online transactions as should your card details be compromised, there is no credit limit on the card which can be abused. This is why I want virtual prepaid cards for as well; since these are disposable, you can transfer the amount you intend to use, buy your stuff and then either the card goes blank or you simply delete it.

In the USA, you have much more protection with Credit Card purchases than with Debit card purchases. But if it is just a pre-paid debit card with a finite amount versus a debit card against a checking account, than that could be OK. I just meant to point out that some transactions will only accept Credit Cards and not Debit cards. Even though the physical distinction and the money behind each, in the case of pre-paid cards is about the same

This whole Cell Phone and SMS thing will be an issue with me. I will have to keep an eye on things like this in the near future. I use basic basic basic cell phone, no Internet, etc. I am old fashioned. While I am an engineer and very computer literate, I still prefer to use my cell phone as just a phone, and nothing more. I still use my cell phone that I bought in 2004. All original including the battery. no camera, which is fine with me because some places I contract at don't allow photo devices inside.

• Like 1

I went down to the bank in the village and registered my bebit card for international transactions and online shopping.

I came back home and logged into PayPal then entered my card details which were accepted this time.

Within 10 minutes PayPal had debited my card by a whole 31.70 baht (about $1 US) as an initial transaction.

This now means that I can use the card and PayPal at last.

Not that simple but not rocket science either.

This whole Cell Phone and SMS thing will be an issue with me. I will have to keep an eye on things like this in the near future. I use basic basic basic cell phone, no Internet, etc. I am old fashioned. While I am an engineer and very computer literate, I still prefer to use my cell phone as just a phone, and nothing more. I still use my cell phone that I bought in 2004. All original including the battery. no camera, which is fine with me because some places I contract at don't allow photo devices inside.

So, get an OTP via email. Sorted.

If they offer it, yes. Usually their going in position is "give cell phone number..we send"

So, get an OTP via email. Sorted.