Hi Speed Collision With Hornet

silentnine

not really pattaya related other than its where i am.

just been out on my scooter . one of these big black and orange hornet things flew straight into my neck at 80kph :(

boy does it hurt !

left a crater and a big cut. and half the bug buried in my skin :(

don't know how it managed to seemingly sting me at the same time

hurts more than when a scorpion bit my bum last month lol

now not only do i have to watch for wild dogs wanting to knock people off bikes but also bugs .. if it had hit me in the eye for sure i'd be blind

I had one sting me on my tongue back in Canada years ago on my Harley going over a huge bridge where you cannot stop or even slow down. Bugs have always been a part of "Riding" and most of us would consider them a free meal however you might want to think about a helmut with a face shield or at least glasses when riding.

In over 30 years of riding I have only been stung 2 times by bees. Not so bad.

the smaller bugs are not an issue ..

i always wear my glass's when riding. could not see without them anyway

the size of this monster bee/hornet tho i'm sure it would of smashed my glass's

no joke when i say it left a huge cut & crater in my neck.. 2 hours on and its still burning like hell

...'now not only do i have to watch for wild dogs wanting to knock people off bikes but also bugs .. if it had hit me in the eye for sure i'd be blind'

Ouch!

My wearing a full face helmet has saved my face many times from bug hits. When those large bugs hit, when biking fast, it sounds like a

bullet ricocheting ricocheting off the faceplate! Better they hit my helmet faceplate than me.

But, I've yet to figure out a way to guarantee detering the dogs ;-)

Ever heard of a full face helmet or a helmet with a visor? But then again, you won't have the feeling of the wind in your hair, whilst scootering around at 80 kph.

had a helmet on.

did you read the OP ? hit on NECK

Sorry, my bad. sad.png

Got a huge nest in some thai ladies garden in my village, everyone wants it removed but she wont remove it even been offered to cover the costs but no she doesnt want to kill them.

Have had a few budgies die because of these, they get in the cage after their apple and sometimes bite them, one of them had a very lucky escape but has not been the same since.

I have hundreds of them flying in my garden during the day, waiting for the gardeners now to cut down any flower in sight, very annoying, can also kill people if allergic.

Horrible looking things also, watched one closely the other day as it killed and ate through another insect in seconds.

I got hit in the face (luckily I was wearing a full face helmet) by a large beetle in south Texas doing about 65 mph. The thing rocked my head back and smeared all over my visor making it unusable. I don't want to think what would have happened if I wasn't wearing the helmet.

If you think that was painful imagine one hitting your nipple when you aren't wearing a jacket.

It brought tears to my eyes a couple of years ago.

I have no idea what it was other than big and painful and luckily it didn't sting.

Edited by billd766