What'S Up With The Photo/Image Posting System?

sceadugenga

Don't know why I immediately thought of Dingdong smile.png

He's gone off for a sulk after VF refused to do battle with him in the flamethrower thread. laugh.png

Don't know why I immediately thought of Dingdong smile.png

He's gone off for a sulk after VF refused to do battle with him in the flamethrower thread. laugh.png

flamethrower.gif

So even though this post is moved to a more supposedly relevant place we have no reply.

The reason I originally posted it in the Chiang Rai forum is because that's where the problem is.

I haven't responded as I'm not clear on the question. Are you saying the photo you posted above does not show the same in the Chiang Rai forum? Or you have seen photos that are so large they cause one to need to scroll horizontally? If the latter, than the issue is member's linking over sized off site images to Thaivisa. There is a limit to the auto-resizing/thumbnailing external images but not sure where that threshold is. Prefer that any off site image be no larger than 1024 pixels wide to prevent this.

Indeed, as my 640 pixel image in the OP fits the page perfectly.

The problem appears to be only recent though, one of the offenders is a very experienced photo poster and I doubt he has changed his method of posting but we're stuck with horizontal scrolling for the rest of the page when he posts.

Indeed, as my 640 pixel image in the OP fits the page perfectly.

The problem appears to be only recent though, one of the offenders is a very experienced photo poster and I doubt he has changed his method of posting but we're stuck with horizontal scrolling for the rest of the page when he posts.

If you have time please post a link to an example post where the problem shows up and I will investigate it further.

Hi sceadugenga, :wai:

Good post and thank you for bring this subject back to the Admins which needs to be addressed and as I mentioned here back in Posted 2012-04-09 21:00:33

http://www.thaivisa....look-like-this/

Of course I would never post a photo of this size ....tongue.png ....... well only once then folks

original.jpg

Win w00t.gif

Edited by Kan Win

I have a 24" monitor 1920 x 1280 so it doesn't show up as seriously as other members. For example, the link sceadugenga posted the images look fine and fits my screen. However if I resize my browser window it has the problem but would be with any image at some point. Kan Win's image above does force horizontal scroll for me. If you hold down the CTRL and scroll up/down with the scroll wheel or if you hold CTRL down and hit the -/+ keys it will resize the page to allow it to fit. And no, that is not a fix but a temporary work around.

As I have mentioned before a few times, off site links should be no more then 1024 pixels wide. Not sure if there is a solution on the forum side at the moment.

Hi Tywais,

Thank you for your reply, wai.gif

and will try to keep my photos in Medium Size only with the exception of my Pano Photos. w00t.gif

Win thumbsup.gif

P.S. I have that Pano Printed in Kan 36x12 inches whistling.gif btw.

Edited by Kan Win
  • Like 1

Hi sceadugenga, wai.gif

Good post and thank you for bring this subject back to the Admins which needs to be addressed and as I mentioned here back in Posted 2012-04-09 21:00:33

http://www.thaivisa....look-like-this/

Of course I would never post a photo of this size ....tongue.png ....... well only once then folks

original.jpg

Win w00t.gif

Hi Win, how's things been?

Agreed it's been a long term problem, maybe they build in some sort of automatic pic shrinker?

But then I have spoken too long with the great ones, I'll return to the Chiang Rai forum where they seldom venture. whistling.gifcool.pnglaugh.png