Brit Busted For Cocaine Dealing Outside Nightclub

Rimmer

British ex-pat suspected of selling class 1 drugs in Pattaya

20_08_55_1_5.jpg

PATTAYA:--Immigration Police arrested a 54 Year old Englishmanon Sunday Morning, accused of possession and sale of a class 1 drug.

Officer arrested Mr. Duncan James McGee, a well-known Pattaya ex-pat, at the conclusion of a covert operation on Pattaya Third Road opposite the now-demolished Xzyte Discotheque.

Police state that contact was made with the suspect and it was arranged to sell a quantity of Cocaine to an undercover officer posing as a drugs buyer. During questioning, Mr. McGee claimed he would purchase the drugs from a foreign agent based in the Nana Entertainment area of Bangkok for 2,000 Baht per packet and would re-sell for between 3,000 and 4,000 Baht. On this occasion he was in possession of 9 packets of a white powder which Police tested and found to be Cocaine.

Full story:http://www.pattayaon...-drugs-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-08-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Must confess, his mug looks very familiar to me, and I'm not talking about LOS. ermm.gif

Truman Capote?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Thaivisa Connect App

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great journalism, dealing outside a nightclub that was totally demolished several months ago.

he has or had a business down the road,he was probably doing his trading near there.

only met him a cuople of times, som nam na.

British ex-pat suspected of selling class 1 drugs in Pattaya

20_08_55_1_5.jpg

PATTAYA:--Immigration Police arrested a 54 Year old Englishmanon Sunday Morning, accused of possession and sale of a class 1 drug.

Officer arrested Mr. Duncan James McGee, a well-known Pattaya ex-pat, at the conclusion of a covert operation on Pattaya Third Road opposite the now-demolished Xzyte Discotheque.

Police state that contact was made with the suspect and it was arranged to sell a quantity of Cocaine to an undercover officer posing as a drugs buyer. During questioning, Mr. McGee claimed he would purchase the drugs from a foreign agent based in the Nana Entertainment area of Bangkok for 2,000 Baht per packet and would re-sell for between 3,000 and 4,000 Baht. On this occasion he was in possession of 9 packets of a white powder which Police tested and found to be Cocaine.

Full story:http://www.pattayaon...-drugs-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-08-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

look familiar ? ever been to a bar in soi lk that a dislexic(sic) would be offended by the name of ?

it's a fact of life that good people can do bad things, just as bad people can do good things.

It's just too easy to lump people together. I feel more disappointed than angry.

Well I'm sorry that your friend has been caught and its decent of you to stand-up for him here.

But surely a crime is a crime, and in a SE Asia drug dealing is a serious offence (whatever our personal opinions of the substances are). This guy is not a kid and I'm sure he had other options (why not get a job for example ?).

I certainly do not condone what he has done, but I do know this guy and he's actually a really nice bloke. He is no thug for sure. He has done wrong and will have to suffer the consequences of his actions but it's a fact of life that good people can do bad things, just as bad people can do good things.

It's just too easy to lump people together. I feel more disappointed than angry.

He made a choice! To try to make a profit of the suffering of others and now he will get what de deservse

It never ceases to amaze me the number of idiots in Pattaya.

Is it the sun? Is it the drink? Or is it the fact that idiots are attracted to the place?

In most countries this would be a very minor crime.

He looks a lot older than 54 too. Doubt he would last too long in gaol here. Hopefully he can buy his way out of this.

It never ceases to amaze me the number of idiots in Pattaya.

Is it the sun? Is it the drink? Or is it the fact that idiots are attracted to the place?

In most countries this would be a very minor crime.

He looks a lot older than 54 too. Doubt he would last too long in gaol here. Hopefully he can buy his way out of this.

Your third suggestion sounds about right. biggrin.png

What kind of punishment is he facing?

my interpretation of this article from Siam legal is the following because it is a category two drug

Up to life imprisonment and a fine of 100,000 – 5,000,000 Baht, or the death penalty, (depending upon the amount of the substance or substances found) for disposal or possession for the purpose of disposal

http://www.siam-lega...in-thailand.php

anyway what ever he gets he deserves the full lot because at that age you really should know betterermm.gif

OR like the farang arrested in Patong and photographed with the "goods" AND an admission that he was buying and selling the stuff (dealer), he could be out after 2 weeks and a very sizeable sum paid to the BIB. Unbelievable!!!