Swedish Man Arrested For Allegedly Killing New Zealand Tourist In Pattaya

webfact

Lets hope he is given the death penalty. An "eye for an eye!"

Thailand deliberately avoids this option for Farang as it is "bad for business". A thai perp would have had the option. But he will most likely get a long stretch and a maximum security cell to enjoy where by Thai cordiality, he will not get free dental, TV and 3 squares a day, more like sushi cockroach (if he can catch it) and eventually could be extradited to Sweden to serve out the sentence, most likely after at least 10 years here.

Sad for the Kiwi guy but begs the question what transpired to have that type of violence invoked. Hardly over petting a dog but that question will never be answered.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god where do these morons come from? I really wish these idiots would just stay in their country. I came to Thailand to get away from these vile subhumans.

I agree but perhaps you should have considered somewhere else as there's plenty homegrown of the latter.

I agree to you all, what you are saying. I am a swedish guy living here and I am a shame at this moment to call my self swedish.

There are complete idiots from all our countries who are capable of this. I find the Swedes to be generally better behaved than most.

I have removed a completely inappropriate post and all the associated replies. Jokes about the deceased are not welcome. dry.png

Please remember that family and friends will most likely read this topic as it is on the front page of the search engines.

Once again, try to show some respect for the deceased.

• Like 1

Well done to the people who detained this scum and handed him to the police. Based on the report - no excuse for a deliberate murder. He should receive the maximum penalty permitted under the law.

RIP Kiwi.

+1 I agree that the locals deserve credit for detaining the alleged perps.

Had either or both parties simply walked away , the Kiwi would be alive and the Swede wouldn't be facing life in prison.

Edited by Lancelot

I hope someone as taken the deceased's dog in or that care can be arranged for the poor dog. The poor thing is probably wondering what happened to his friend. I have no idea if the deceased has left a family or loved ones, but they now have a hole in their hearts thanks to a senseless act. It's just so frigging frustrating to see people lose their lives over nothing.

I hope someone as taken the deceased's dog in or that care can be arranged for the poor dog. The poor thing is probably wondering what happened to his friend. I have no idea if the deceased has left a family or loved ones, but they now have a hole in their hearts thanks to a senseless act. It's just so frigging frustrating to see people lose their lives over nothing.

According to friends in Australia and Thailand he has no children and was never married.

I was reading on another board that the Kiwi guy had a bad reputation for bullying and harrassing people especially when he was drinking. Further he was a big guy who was very intimitading and verbally aggressive when he was drunk.

If this is true this might go some ways to explaining the actions of the Swede who is a smallish guy.

Of course the Swede is still culpable for his actions but it does make a bit more sense than a fight starting just over this guys dog.

I saw the newsclip on Australian news where they were loading the injured victim into the back of someone's ute (pickup) Don't they have a critical care ambulance in Thailand or any sort of ambulances in Thailand? How on earth can anyone receive proper medical attention whilst bouncing around in the back of a ute with the fertiliser and chicken feed on the pot holed filed thai roads. Do they have qualified paramedics? Please tell me this sort of low standard appalling medical care is isolated to Pattaya. I feel this sort of attention would do far more harm to a critically injured person than it would help.

Yes before people start on me, I know I am not in Kansas anymore and this is Thailand and if I don't like then bugger off out of the country. I am just saying that a critically injured person deserves a mobile intensive care ambulance where they a put straight on life support if needed and emergency care is commenced immeadiately.

I was reading on another board that the Kiwi guy had a bad reputation for bullying and harrassing people especially when he was drinking. Further he was a big guy who was very intimitading and verbally aggressive when he was drunk.

If this is true this might go some ways to explaining the actions of the Swede who is a smallish guy.

Of course the Swede is still culpable for his actions but it does make a bit more sense than a fight starting just over this guys dog.

It in no way explains he actions of leaving, getting a knife and comming back to stab him. Once he left the threat had ceased and he should not of come back.

I saw the newsclip on Australian news where they were loading the injured victim into the back of someone's ute (pickup) Don't they have a critical care ambulance in Thailand or any sort of ambulances in Thailand? How on earth can anyone receive proper medical attention whilst bouncing around in the back of a ute with the fertiliser and chicken feed on the pot holed filed thai roads. Do they have qualified paramedics? Please tell me this sort of low standard appalling medical care is isolated to Pattaya. I feel this sort of attention would do far more harm to a critically injured person than it would help.

Yes before people start on me, I know I am not in Kansas anymore and this is Thailand and if I don't like then bugger off out of the country. I am just saying that a critically injured person deserves a mobile intensive care ambulance where they a put straight on life support if needed and emergency care is commenced immeadiately.

In Pattaya their are EMS ambulances from the private hospitals and emergency services; the main roads are OK. No idea if the victim was still alive when put in the pickup, but not uncommon for this to happen. Sometimes very heavy traffic so may be quicker to get the victim to the hospital and Thais often do not give way to emergency vehicles

Edited by simple1

Rob u will always be remembered for your love of life and your MASSIVE heart of gold RIP mate xxx

Fact is this piece of scum maliciously went back to the bar with all intentions of committing this hiddiuos act of violence, on someone who had his back turned and never knew the danger coming at him( contrary to the media reports Rob was NOT 1 to start ANY form of drama he was just a fun loving guy who would get along with anyone) Hopefully the Thai government hand down the death sentence on this Swedish scum and his filthy <Snip!>!!!!! Condolences to Mrs Hollick family and friends. may your external flame always shine bright Robdog xxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by metisdead
: Inappropriate language removed.

It in no way explains he actions of leaving, getting a knife and comming back to stab him. Once he left the threat had ceased and he should not of come back.

True but the whole story makes more sense than just a fight over a dog.

Rob was NOT a bully or did he harass people he was AGAINST all that !! He was someone with a massive heart of fold who loved and lived life to the fullest and to make friends where ever he went!!! So to the person who wrote on the other forum should get their facts straight and show some RESPECT to Robs family .....

Some people don't need any reason to go mad, when drunk.

Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde

They will always become aggressive and try to start a fight, without further thinking of the consequences.

And you can't stop them.

I knew somebody like this, and after he hit a certain alcohol level, he didn't care about friends and even tried to hit his own brother with a beer bottle...

Sad, R.i.P

Edited by vel_tins

I have removed a completely inappropriate post and all the associated replies. Jokes about the deceased are not welcome. dry.png

Please remember that family and friends will most likely read this topic as it is on the front page of the search engines.

Once again, try to show some respect for the deceased.

thanks mate it was f`n pathetic, where do some of these things come from....... cant be human surley......

Edited by namoi

Rob u will always be remembered for your love of life and your MASSIVE heart of gold RIP mate xxx

Fact is this piece of scum maliciously went back to the bar with all intentions of committing this hiddiuos act of violence, on someone who had his back turned and never knew the danger coming at him( contrary to the media reports Rob was NOT 1 to start ANY form of drama he was just a fun loving guy who would get along with anyone) Hopefully the Thai government hand down the death sentence on this Swedish scum and his filthy <Snip!>!!!!! Condolences to Mrs Hollick family and friends. may your external flame always shine bright Robdog xxxxxxxxxxxx

you sound heartbroken, poor girl, i would hope the same for punishment, good luck and god bless darlin.....

bob

My thoughts are with you and all his family and friends

Why did it bother the dogs owner so much the lady playing with his dog unless she was paying with it the same way she plays with the Viking's. They cannot hold their beer, he will not be tasting any beer for a long long time now, the silly shit.

15 to 20 yrs for sure on this one, he will not have anyone to bring him a bit of food as his lady will do a walky for a replacement. So sorry for the home land guy.

Kiwi Kenny

Thailand won't want to bother with him. He killed a foreigner. They will probably just squeeze him for some money, then turn him over to NZ or where was the other guy from? Let those countries hash it out. I can only imagine the guy's thoughts now, even if he is not thinking of the life he took, or how stupid the whole thing was, but how he will never enjoy Thailand again.

Lets hope he is given the death penalty. An "eye for an eye!"

Yes, given the success of death penalties, cruel punishments (drawing & quartering, floggings etc) in wiping out crime..............hang on it didn't wipe it out at all, did it?

100% success rate on stopping re-offenders though.

Why did it bother the dogs owner so much the lady playing with his dog unless she was paying with it the same way she plays with the Viking's. They cannot hold their beer, he will not be tasting any beer for a long long time now, the silly shit.

15 to 20 yrs for sure on this one, he will not have anyone to bring him a bit of food as his lady will do a walky for a replacement. So sorry for the home land guy.

Kiwi Kenny

Thailand won't want to bother with him. He killed a foreigner. They will probably just squeeze him for some money, then turn him over to NZ or where was the other guy from? Let those countries hash it out. I can only imagine the guy's thoughts now, even if he is not thinking of the life he took, or how stupid the whole thing was, but how he will never enjoy Thailand again.

Not much New Zealand can do as he didn't commit any offences in N.Z . Unlike one particular country thier laws do not apply to everyone else in the world.

A death sentence is a very real possibility. Now if he had shot his cousin with an uzi while sitting in a restaurant, that would be a different story.

Yup! It would be just another day in NY.

Nigel, I think he was referring to this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2188024/Thai-senator-accidentally-shoots-ex-wife-dead-Uzi-machine-gun-family-meal.html

No comment...

Thailand much like the old west. No one can really take any statistics on murder or safety in Thailand as the statistics are seriously skewed. Much is not reported and incidents are reported as unknown, accident or natural causes such as dude dying of the natural causes of bleeding to death after being slashed by a broken bottle.

On another note, Rhailand seems to attract the undesirables of the world. Consequence of being cheap, favorable exchange and a view that being helped off a high rise balcony is just permissible assisted suicide. Makes getting away with DUI seem even more tolerable.

Edited by ttelise

Kiwi Kenny

Not much New Zealand can do as he didn't commit any offences in N.Z . Unlike one particular country thier laws do not apply to everyone else in the world.

I thought NZ might want to extradite and try him in NZ or haggle with his home country?