Cows Milk

Dutch Mills, for example, is 100% fresh cow milk...

I bought it in Macro.

wai.gif

it is made from 100% cows milk powder

Where do you read it?

On the ingredients they write 100% fresh milk...

Are you sure of this?

Why has this stupid myth about Thai milk being made from milk powder arisen? Some of the long-life milks are made from powder, but all the fresh ones are fresh cows milk.

"Thailand, whilst they have the best dairy industry in South-East Asia, is very very far from self-sufficient for milk. This means alot of milk powder needs to be imported to satisfy the market demands."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/485184-powdered-milk-vs-real-milk-availability-in-bkk/

Yes,

Why has this stupid myth about Thai milk being made from milk powder arisen? Some of the long-life milks are made from powder, but all the fresh ones are fresh cows milk.

"Thailand, whilst they have the best dairy industry in South-East Asia, is very very far from self-sufficient for milk. This means alot of milk powder needs to be imported to satisfy the market demands."

http://www.thaivisa....ability-in-bkk/

I'm not sure what your point is, to be honest. Imported powdered milk is used for long life milk in cartons, evaporated and condensed milk, and by Foremost for soured cream. It's also used by some bakeries. It is not, however, used for fresh milk, and the expert in the thread to which you link doesn't say it is.

we use both dutch mill and meji for steaming in latte cappuccino etc, if they where anything other than fresh milk they would not foam up, also noticed another brand of milk has appeared here in pattaya cant remember the name

Let me say that if you base your opinion about thai fresh milk on this... i guess it could be better for you to reach a better information source...

Also here they cannot dare too much on labelling, and if they write 100% fresh milk... why we have to doubt on this just because they have not enough?

C'mon...

wai.gif

Let me say that if you base your opinion about thai fresh milk on this... i guess it could be better for you to reach a better information source...

Also here they cannot dare too much on labelling, and if they write 100% fresh milk... why we have to doubt on this just because they have not enough?

C'mon...

wai.gif

look on a bottle of chok chai farm milk it says (from memory) 100% pasteurised milk it for sure does not say fresh milk. But hey you drink what you like but I only want pure cows milk for my child Edited by MaprangHolmes

Yes, you are right, but believe me... i do not buy milk for to make a bath in... like Poppea done with donkey milk...

I buy it for my kid also, and Dutch Mills for me is 100% fresh cow milk, until different proof, of course.

wai.gif

Well, now it is confirmed, it's 100% fresh cow milk, no milk powders are used.

Because i don't like "suspects" not really founded on something i called this morning the Customer Service in Dutch Mill for to ask if the fresh milk we talked about is it fresh or comes form powder.

Well, as we told, is 100% fresh cow milk.

Confirmed.

People who don't believe at this have at this point two way...

- Call directly Dutch Mill and ask

- Continue to believe in rumors...

Look, me too am not too addicted into believe that Thai way of doing things is working exactly like in Europe... but labelling a product making a fraud is not allowed here also...

wai.gif

we use both dutch mill and meji for steaming in latte cappuccino etc, if they where anything other than fresh milk they would not foam up, also noticed another brand of milk has appeared here in pattaya cant remember the name

Wrong - you can foam powdered milk. Done it myself with my Bezzera espresso machine, and here's another guy who has as well;

http://www.home-bari...ilk-t22142.html

"This morning I discovered the milk in the refrigerator was sour! I am a VERY early riser, and the grocery store was not scheduled to open for another four hours! I could not go without my morning's cappuccino so I remembered that there was lots of powdered milk left from a recent camping trip. I mixed up some of it and started up the trusty 1978 machine. To my surprise it made beautiful foam! I pulled the shot and made the cappuccino.

I was even more surprised when it was really quite good. The foam was noticeably more stiff, but the flavour was hardly different. To me it was actually better in flavour than skim milk, though "real" milk to me is better"

Edited by Pseudolus

I'd alway heard the rumours of Thai milk being made from powder but never really believed it, although it would explain why Meiji, Dutch Mill etc. taste so bad.

The Chok Chai milk is better (although doesn't actually come from Chokchai farm), but the only milk I have now is the Dairy Home brand, by far the best here and worth the few extra baht.

Well, now it is confirmed, it's 100% fresh cow milk, no milk powders are used.

Because i don't like "suspects" not really founded on something i called this morning the Customer Service in Dutch Mill for to ask if the fresh milk we talked about is it fresh or comes form powder.

Well, as we told, is 100% fresh cow milk.

Confirmed.

People who don't believe at this have at this point two way...

- Call directly Dutch Mill and ask

- Continue to believe in rumors...

Look, me too am not too addicted into believe that Thai way of doing things is working exactly like in Europe... but labelling a product making a fraud is not allowed here also...

wai.gif

or read my post re steam milk ONLY FRESH MILK WILL STEAM TO A GOOD FOAM we use dutch mill and maji

Wrong - you can foam powdered milk. Done it myself with my Bezzera espresso machine, and here's another guy who has as well;

"This morning I discovered the milk in the refrigerator was sour! I am a VERY early riser, and the grocery store was not scheduled to open for another four hours! I could not go without my morning's cappuccino so I remembered that there was lots of powdered milk left from a recent camping trip. I mixed up some of it and started up the trusty 1978 machine. To my surprise it made beautiful foam! I pulled the shot and made the cappuccino.

I was even more surprised when it was really quite good. The foam was noticeably more stiff, but the flavour was hardly different. To me it was actually better in flavour than skim milk, though "real" milk to me is better"

and are you a barista foaming milk for customers on a daily basis

and are you a barista foaming milk for customers on a daily basis

Used to be about 10 years ago. What bearing does that have on the fact that powdered milk does indeed foam, contrary to your belief. Also, the foam is a little stiffer than usual, but the layman coffee drinker would never notice that. So your point is?

I think that EVIDENCES show that Dutch Mills is real fresh cow milk...

More than this what can i say...coffee1.gif

???

wai.gif

Now, I am not typing this just to annoy you. However, do you really trust a Thai corporation? GF called up DtAC to ask why her phone wasn't working and was told is was her handset and everything was fine..... just saying like ermm.gif

I think that EVIDENCES show that Dutch Mills is real fresh cow milk...

More than this what can i say...coffee1.gif

???

wai.gif

Now, I am not typing this just to annoy you. However, do you really trust a Thai corporation? GF called up DtAC to ask why her phone wasn't working and was told is was her handset and everything was fine..... just saying like ermm.gif

It's ok... but do we have to believe everything is a fake in Thailand for this?

I guess not...

A'm the first to say that things are not working exactly like in western countries, but a'm also aware that also here (Europe) we are very able to do monkey business on everything... so... just take informations, tryng to take it from the main source... is the best we can do.

Don't need to trust at every cost, but also don't need to live in a continuos suspect about everything...

wai.gif

ok. where do i get milk powder that when mixed taste like fresh milk?

I think Villa Soi 11 carry's a Carnation brand.

I personally don't like powdered milk, however I had an old Aunt who used to hydrate the powder with 50% warm to hot water and 50% room temperature. I don't recall if it made a difference-perhaps worth a try if you can locate.

Those small white 200 ml Thai-Danish UHT Milk packages do contain 100 % fresh milk. On those packages you'll find a message "no milk powder added." And, what's more important, according to my taste it's quite good fresh milk. One disadvantage exists however when you drink too much of that stuff: going to the toilet can become a rather painful experience. I believe that is a reason why both of my sons do not drink it but stick to the milk supplied by their schools.