Powdered Milk Vs "Real" Milk Availability In Bkk?

Grawburg

Someone told my wife that the only non-powdered milk available in BKK is Umm..Milk. She is convinced that powdered milk is inferior to "real" milk. Anyone got any confirmation if this is true about Ummm..Milk and if it even matters?

Is your wife suggesting that the regular milk you can buy everywhere such as Meiji etc. is made up from powered milk imported from say, China? If so, I think she could be on to something. After being here a few years I bought some Umm Milk when we went to Chok Chai farm for the day, after one sip I remembered that this is what milk is supposed to taste like. To me the difference is so big that there has to be something funny going on with Meiji etc.

Easy to test for yourself, buy some Umm Milk and try.

Gippy - yes this is what i mean. The Ummm is the only milk available that has "stayed" milk from cow to store whereas the others are powdered, shipped to Thailand, and then reconstituted in Thailand and put on the shelves....I can't tell a difference but she is convinced.

I've never heard this before, but it would explain why most of the milk here tastes so bad. And why it doesn't go off!

But Ummm Milk isn't the only good milk here. There are a few that taste like real milk, ChokChai Milk and Dairy Home? (the one in the smaller bottles) all taste real too.

• 12 years later...