Why Is It....?

breadbin

Ask something from a Thai, and you will get an answer. The validity of that answer however is lottery. Solid information is to be had faster with google and that failing, thaivisa. If online fails and there are no resident farang oracles around, then I'll set the wife loose on the telephone and spend a couple of week trying to find out what bits of valid information might pop up in the noise.

Just try asking for instructions to Tibet from any Thai on the street. You'll be directed everywhere, but never refused "information".

EDIT: oh yeah I did solve this a few years ago. After the answer I just ask are you sure, which is always "Yes", then I ask are you Europe sure, which may very well be "No". She learned that while we were visiting my country of origin smile.png

Edited by DrTuner

My Thai lady knows too much already....sad.png

That's alright Smokie... She doesn't need to wear you down now when you are on a leash biggrin.png

Usually I'm having a massage or being soothed with a cold beer or two in fact....its a wonderful life! smile.png

And what do you tell her? rolleyes.gif

Ask something from a Thai, and you will get an answer. The validity of that answer however is lottery. Solid information is to be had faster with google and that failing, thaivisa. If online fails and there are no resident farang oracles around, then I'll set the wife loose on the telephone and spend a couple of week trying to find out what bits of valid information might pop up in the noise.

Just try asking for instructions to Tibet from any Thai on the street. You'll be directed everywhere, but never refused "information".

EDIT: oh yeah I did solve this a few years ago. After the answer I just ask are you sure, which is always "Yes", then I ask are you Europe sure, which may very well be "No". She learned that while we were visiting my country of origin smile.png

coffee1.gif

My Thai lady knows too much already....sad.png

That's alright Smokie... She doesn't need to wear you down now when you are on a leash biggrin.png

Usually I'm having a massage or being soothed with a cold beer or two in fact....its a wonderful life! smile.png

And what do you tell her? rolleyes.gif

Haha now that is confidential men's stuff. We have a thread for that somewhere you know. biggrin.png

if a Thai person has a passport then the odds are she know how to get another!

If a Thai woman wants something, the odds are she knows exactly what it is and where it can be purchased, all that she needs said farang for is to pay!

Getting a passport and renewing one are completely different processes. Knowing the former does not aid you in the latter.

The Thai wife will probably have asked a friend or Poo Yai who may have given them completely erroneous information that they will, because of the source, implicitly believe. Because of the way information is disseminated here that information is often wrong leading to lengthy unnecessary trips and expenses.

For example, recently I needed to extend my visa in Bangkok. I knew from reading TV that the old immigration office was no longer servicing westerners, though they still do apparently service Thais and surrounding countries.

I said we had to go to the new office which is quite a ride.

She said no and asked a friend who is a dual national Thai. Her friend told her that "She" did it in the old office and we should go there.

So she is now determined that we can go to the old office.

I said no and showed her the immigration website which clearly states that office is not for me.

She then asked a Poo Yai friend who "knows" the immigration general. He said go the old office, no problems.

So taking a good book and a lot of small change I sigh and get in the cab for the long trip to the old office only to be told, as predicted, that we had to now take an even longer cab ride to the new office.

This happens all the time with almost every subject.

Get used to it.

Either get used to it or do things your way (usually the correct way) and stop wasting time going round and round in ever decreasing circles.

Sometimes I naively wish I can teach her a lesson and that if I do this enough times negative reinforcement will kick in.

i also sometimes wish my dog was a unicorn and that i had a jetpack....

Exactly, and I think your wish about the unicorn and jetpack will come true first.

not if the wife went direct from the rice field into the gogo bar and than been sold to the farang....

No it is really because the posters are totally clueless as the person above. Has anyone besides me ever been to a go go? Go go girls work in a rice field? Has anyone ever felt the hands of a go go girl? Are they rough? No. Never happen. 0% of Thai go go dancers have ever worked in a rice field.

Have you ever worked out with weights ? You get rough hands from that, but if you don't work out for a while they go back to being soft. So unless you meet her in the first 2 months you will never know if she has worked on rice fields.

Robblok is right

Quite a lot of go-go dancers work on building sites and farms when they are aged 13-19 and not allowed to be sex workers.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

@Smokie

Uh-Oh... did I say that out loud? Please forgive me Smokes....wai.gif (For 500 baht I will keep quiet about what you don't tell your missus whistling.gif )

No no maxme...you are supposed to ask for 5000 Baht a month by Western Union....have you not read the manual? biggrin.png

@Smokie

Uh-Oh... did I say that out loud? Please forgive me Smokes....wai.gif (For 500 baht I will keep quiet about what you don't tell your missus whistling.gif )

No no maxme...you are supposed to ask for 5000 Baht a month by Western Union....have you not read the manual? biggrin.png

I did but I wanted to do it the BiB way, hush money that I can hide from MY wife....laugh.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What is it with guys in Thailand. Why is there such an ongoing discussion about where "the wife" came from ? cannot think of any time back in UK where people (guys) talked about their wife's background at social gatherings or at parties with friends.

If you can't sit down and have a discussion with your wife about the things that you feel strongly about and the things that she feels strongly about then why the xxxx are you married to her.

I'd imagine many reasons.

She is attractive, young. The guy can't get laid in his native land. Socially inept etc.