California Wow Owner Sentenced To 10 Years Of Non-Stop Dance Music

george

I promise, I'am innocent. Why they torture me too? crying.gif They call it "free music", but why they start playing at half past four? What about my human rights? Nobody in Geneve are interested, about torture in Thailand... I love water-boarding, but "free-music" is too much. After 1 year year, your brain look like jelly...clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

I bet the birdy song would do it in 6 months or lessbah.gif

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually liked the music in the classes more than the music in the main areas as it was more energetic, so I often used to stand outside the class rooms just to listen. There is a wide variety of sub-genres of electronic dance music that sound vastly different to each other, though the article does not distinguish between any of them probably due to ignorance. The main areas had mainly upfront commercial house music (it seems on a CD put on repeat all day and every day) which is popular nowadays in bars and nightclubs but doesn't do much for me as I like euphoric trance (particularly the older stuff from late 1990s to mid 2000s) which I think is on a "higher" level and stimulates the mind in a deeper way. So 10 Years Of Non-Stop Euphoric Trance Music would actually sound great to me!

Edited by hyperdimension

I actually liked the music in the classes more than the music in the main areas as it was more energetic, so I often used to stand outside the class rooms just to listen. There is a wide variety of sub-genres of electronic dance music that sound vastly different to each other, though the article does not distinguish between any of them probably due to ignorance. The main areas had mainly upfront commercial house music (it seems on a CD put on repeat all day and every day) which is popular nowadays in bars and nightclubs but doesn't do much for me as I like euphoric trance (moreso the older stuff from late 1990s to early 2000s) which I think is on a "higher" level and stimulates the mind in a deeper way. So 10 Years Of Non-Stop Euphoric Trance Music would actually sound great to me!

I missed it - is this one satire too???

I actually liked the music in the classes more than the music in the main areas as it was more energetic, so I often used to stand outside the class rooms just to listen. There is a wide variety of sub-genres of electronic dance music that sound vastly different to each other, though the article does not distinguish between any of them probably due to ignorance. The main areas had mainly upfront commercial house music (it seems on a CD put on repeat all day and every day) which is popular nowadays in bars and nightclubs but doesn't do much for me as I like euphoric trance (particularly the older stuff from late 1990s to mid 2000s) which I think is on a "higher" level and stimulates the mind in a deeper way. So 10 Years Of Non-Stop Euphoric Trance Music would actually sound great to me!

I used to love techno (of which trance and house are sub-categories) in the late 1990's and (very) early 2000's. I (personally) have moved on, and I don't think the music that was popular then is on a "higher" level.

Of course, nostalgia isn't what it used to be, and I also still enjoy listening to Meat Loaf or Arlo Guthrie.

Regardless of its status as satire, it is clearly out of place in a news section. It is in fact discriminatory against gays as well as it points out that being in proximity with them is 'punishment." The gay community should rise up and file discrimination law suits against Th Nation.

Hm. Something must be wrong with me, as I am part of the gay community and don't feel offended. In fact, I found the OP, being a satire, quite funny.

• Like 1

I completely understand the horror so many of the innocent customers in this story had to live through. 5 days a week I was forced to go to a local club in Canada because of all those outrageous ads telling me I was old and fat and that if only I would give them my banking information I would reattain my youth and vigour. What I didn't expect was the living hell that was the change room when the metrosexuals appeared. Mostly comprised of investment bankers these wanke_rs battled each other in their personalized undeclared “Cologne Wars” with no regard for collateral damage and injury to innocent, albeit sweaty, bystanders. Their irresponsible use of body spays, deodorant sprays, mousse, and “manly” skin care products affected all of in equally horrifying ways. Everyday I would sneeze my way home to spend another half-hour in the shower trying desperately to wash the off those noxious fumes and begin to feel and smell like a man again. This story has inspired me to action. I will canvas the entire population of Canada and launch a class action suit like the one reported here. Thank you for the inspiration Thailand! whistling.gif

**A note to the humour impaired - this is a satirical response to a satirical post.

• Like 1

I completely understand the horror so many of the innocent customers in this story had to live through. 5 days a week I was forced to go to a local club in Canada because of all those outrageous ads telling me I was old and fat and that if only I would give them my banking information I would reattain my youth and vigour. What I didn't expect was the living hell that was the change room when the metrosexuals appeared. Mostly comprised of investment bankers these wanke_rs battled each other in their personalized undeclared “Cologne Wars” with no regard for collateral damage and injury to innocent, albeit sweaty, bystanders. Their irresponsible use of body spays, deodorant sprays, mousse, and “manly” skin care products affected all of in equally horrifying ways. Everyday I would sneeze my way home to spend another half-hour in the shower trying desperately to wash the off those noxious fumes and begin to feel and smell like a man again. This story has inspired me to action. I will canvas the entire population of Canada and launch a class action suit like the one reported here. Thank you for the inspiration Thailand! whistling.gif

**A note to the humour impaired - this is a satirical response to a satirical post.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

At long last justice has been served. I've heard many stories about this guy and I'm glad that in an attempt to modernize custodial sentencing the punishment is being made to fit the crime. Such innovative thinking. Well done the Thai judiciary. clap2.gif

I used to love techno (of which trance and house are sub-categories) in the late 1990's and (very) early 2000's. I (personally) have moved on, and I don't think the music that was popular then is on a "higher" level.

Euphoric (or "uplifting") trance, as suggested by its very name, is designed especially to put the listener into a "higher" state of mind, as distinct from other sub-genres of trance or techno. The essential component of euphoric trance are the melodies. In music, different melodies provoke different emotions, and euphoric trance focuses on highly emotionally-elevating melodies. Here's a DJ mix on YouTube that I'm listening to right now as an example:
. Other genres of electronic dance music (and even other sub-genres of trance iself) have much less focus on euphoric feelings. Upfront commerical house music, like that put on repeat at Califormia WOW, is more about funkiness and light fun, but I feel it lacks artistry and emotional potency and is often just irritating (e.g. the popular "Barbara Streisand" track); I'd place it on a simlar level to most pop music, and being subjected to it constantly for 10 years could indeed be torture.

The music in the aerobics classes only occasionally had euphoric trance, but at least it still had some uplifting melodies and was more energetic and therefore more appropriate for physical workout. They also in particular played some "happy hardcore" techno which brings back memories of my younger "rave" days. I often wonder whether the attendees of these classes actually like and appreciate the music, and whether they'd actually go out like I did in the past to a rave event or nightclub that had such music.

Some branches of California WOW and True Fitness actually hired a DJ in the evenings, which helped to provide more variety. I did suggest once, not at California WOW though but at True Fitness, to play more trance in the main area. It was worth a try, but as most would expect, there was no change. I was bringing my own MP3 player but had to turn the volume up so high in order to drown out their music, which wasn't good for my ears. I guess it's difficult to completely satisfy everyone when everyone has different tastes, but forcing a particular style of music down everyone's ears may not be the best thing to do. I think if fitness centres simply keep the volume low in the main areas it could be an improvement.

Euphoric (or "uplifting") trance, as suggested by its very name, is designed especially to put the listener into a "higher" state of mind,

Do people who listen to this type of music actually have a higher state of mind?

• Like 1

Euphoric (or "uplifting") trance, as suggested by its very name, is designed especially to put the listener into a "higher" state of mind,

Do people who listen to this type of music actually have a higher state of mind?

A trancelike state verging on comatose now equals a "higher state"? Sounds like Flatliners without the insights or the adrenalin rush. tongue.png

Yes. They mix it with a little Bob Marley.

• 3 weeks later...

Posted 8/24, 4 pages later 8/27. Not bad George, but you can do better!

Correction. 4 pages later 9/11, by your own bump up....

Not when I typed it though, LOL, but touche.

I enjoy his satire pieces almost as much as the aftermath, hence my routine comment at the front end of them.

Anyway, back to currents. Cheers, J

• Like 1

How can you force someone to run and listen to music.. That is a disgrace and what century is the judge and the country of Thailand living in.. 10 years in jail maybe ok but to torture someone is not acceptable... 1 rule for falang and bail if your a Thai... I hope he complains to the U.N or a world office because that sentence is digraceful

how thick can you possibly be, or are you a comic genius?

Edited by tinfoilhat