Scooter Trike Or Any Trike

pluto72

Hi all and phuketrex since I found this scooter conversion photo I would very mutch like to get one or have one made,

I am from the UK and living in Bang yai Bangkok at the moment, I am a right leg above knee amputee so this would

be ideal for me to buzz around the local villages, I have been riding bikes since i was 12 now 50+ lost leg in bike

accident in 91 since then used to ride solo but stoped now had a z900 with sidecar for a few years fj1200 trike

since 92 and a harley trike I built myself [ I am a time served engineer] these are all in the UK, and from reading the

many forums here importing one of them would be out of the question for me.

I would like to get a harley trike built here at some point, not a lot on the net about trikes here and HD Bangkok dont

sell the trike versions here, so if anyone can point me in the right direction for a scooter trike similer to photo or

any trike builders in the Bangkok area I would be extremley greatfull.

Best regards Mike

link.txt

Been a few threads on trikes over the last couple of years but not much around.

The Piaggio MP3 was being sold in thailand but not sure if it is still; i did see a 2nd hand one for sale in Pattaya about 6 months ago.

The only other i know of are Tiger and Lion, but don't know if they can be registered or not.

Tiger (at the bottom of the page)

http://www.tigermotor.co.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64:3wheelforagicultural&catid=44:3wheel&Itemid=166

Lion

http://www.lionbike.com/store/

I have a friend in Chiang Mai who has a Silverwing scooter with a sidecar. The sidecar came from Europe and was fitted by a German ex-sidecar racer in Phuket.

Sadly I can't see the photo so... but if it a local scooter then it will be similar to the old Waves converted to trikes.

Hi taichiplanet thanks for the links ive seen a link to tiger motorcycles before where they put a sidecar

on to a 110cc retro bike, I went to the showroom a couple of weeks ago they only make one at the factory

after you order one, and its not twist and go only auto clutch and they wernt very helpfull when i mentiond

that if they bent the rear brake leaver around under the engine [using oxy-cetalene] to the left side

where i could use it i would consider buying one, So i decided not to bother either, I would prefer

a trike system anyway.

Best regards Pluto

Hi vocalneal thanks for your reply. If you open the txt atatchment at the bottom of my original post

you will find the link to the original thread where the photo is located,

When I tried to post it before it would not let me post a link not even a dead one and the

original post would not let me link it or copy the photo from it,

Best regards Pluto

There are a number of trikes about, all appear to be disabled riders. both old and new trikes, from 110 cc up to big trikes, seen a very nice Honda Silver wing trikes........ of the newer trikes most appear to be Honda, few months ago was a Honda Airblade trikes on red plates...

No idea of address but a couple of years ago asked someone in a petrol station on a big trikes, he said conversion was made in a motorbike shop in Hua Hin, if was a very nice job bodywork going over the twin back wheels and a mount for the wheelchair

HI Semper thanks for the link not quite for me [not rule out completly] there was one driving/riding around Chiang Rai

about last Feb I think was privatly owned, not shure if you have to register it as a tuk tuk.

Hi ignis thanks for your reply Googled trike in hua hin came up with u tube of very good scooter conversion for

wheelchair user, 2 rear ends to 1 front end with wheelchair in the middle looks good getting closer.

Best regards Pluto

Hi again ignis thanks for the photo, Do you know anything about the trike eg

Where is it located,

silver wing 500 600 750cc ? V twin ? 4 cyl ? feet forward ?

Any foot controls ?

Milage service history

Factory conversion or ?

Has it got an rear axel and off what

It looks a little like a small voyager kit [3rear wheels] keeping the original mc drive wheel ?

Its a little more than i want to spend at the moment saving for a Harley, might be worth a look

if it is conveniant,

Best regards Pluto

Hi again ignis thanks for the photo, Do you know anything about the trike eg

Where is it located,

silver wing 500 600 750cc ? V twin ? 4 cyl ? feet forward ?

Any foot controls ?

Milage service history

Factory conversion or ?

Has it got an rear axel and off what

It looks a little like a small voyager kit [3rear wheels] keeping the original mc drive wheel ?

Its a little more than i want to spend at the moment saving for a Harley, might be worth a look

if it is conveniant,

Best regards Pluto

Sorry don't know any details, was For Sale months ago, just posted as they are here in Thailand, somewhere,,, All I ever hear is Converted at motorbike shop in Hua Hin... and any motorbike converted to a trike for around 50k.......... I posted last year hoping someone in Hua Hin.had heard of this motorbike shop/man but no response

Hi taichiplanet thanks for the links ive seen a link to tiger motorcycles before where they put a sidecar

on to a 110cc retro bike, I went to the showroom a couple of weeks ago they only make one at the factory

after you order one, and its not twist and go only auto clutch and they wernt very helpfull when i mentiond

that if they bent the rear brake leaver around under the engine [using oxy-cetalene] to the left side

where i could use it i would consider buying one, So i decided not to bother either, I would prefer

a trike system anyway.

Best regards Pluto

If you did decide on an auto clutch you could convert the rear brake to lever operation on the unused left handlebar. Could even add a small servo to it to reduce effort at the lever.

Hi BirdsandBooze thanks for your reply, the hand leaver ratio would not be the same as a rear brake foot leaver ratio and

introducing a servo would only overcomplicate matters.

The one I looked at only needed bending to the other side of the engine to the rear of the footrest for a heel operation,

while the toe takes care of the gearchange, Similer worked on Z900 and FJ1200 in the UK.

Best regards Pluto

There's a trike for sale down Jomtien Beach Rd the last few night I've seen it whilst on my evening walk. I think it's VW powered, similar to the one in the picture. I'll try and get a pix of it for ya. Meanwhile here's one from the internet.

post-63954-0-71897700-1346511349_thumb.j

post-153149-0-56528300-1346556554_thumb.Kawasaki Boss 175 trike being sold on Bahtsold by disabled owner in Bangkok for 75000 baht thumbsup.gif

I just spent 45 minutes looking for this trike on Bahtsold. Didn't find it. Do you have any ideas on steering me in the right direction to find the ad? TIA

post-153149-0-56528300-1346556554_thumb.Kawasaki Boss 175 trike being sold on Bahtsold by disabled owner in Bangkok for 75000 baht thumbsup.gif

I just spent 45 minutes looking for this trike on Bahtsold. Didn't find it. Do you have any ideas on steering me in the right direction to find the ad? TIA

It just took me 15 seconds to find it on the first page of MC adverts :)http://www.bahtsold.com/en/view/1992-kawasaki-boss-175-cc-3-wheeler-110650?doqs=1

Hi BirdsandBooze thanks for the tip on the boss trike I am very interested, I have been trying to phone him for 2 days solid

no answer, if Ralph is reading this I have cash ready to be spent, I will keep on trying to phone him for a bit.

Thanks BSJ for the tip on the VW but not for me.

Best regards to all Pluto

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all just a little update I bought the boss trike gave it a little service and am waiting to fit the rear brake to the

handlebar behind the clutch leaver for thumb operation.

I couldn't wait and have done about 30-40 ks on it using the front brake.

Thanks to everyone for their input, starting to save up to get that Harley trike together now. Anyone know

of a Harley trike for sale.

Best regards to all Pluto

• 10 months later...

You have to be kidding! facepalm.gif That is a horrible wheeled contraption. bah.gif Looks like they are using Chinese mechanicals and a Thai made body.

Looks like a modified PCX to me?

Well, if I squint my eyes without my reading glasses on............nah! You are kidding, right?

Edited by BSJ