Bail Jumping Brit Re Arrested For Child Molestation

Rimmer

Bail Jumping Brit Re Arrested For Child Molestation

EDIT: Now exonerated, appears to be mistaken identity See: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/579639-bail-jumping-brit-re-arrested-for-child-molestation/page-2?p=7238665#entry7238665

pdn21.jpeg

PATTAYA: -- A 47-year-old British man who evaded prosecution charges of raping a 9-year-old boy in 2008 was arrested in a Jomtien apartment. He had been freed after paying the bail in his initial arrest, but failed to appear in court afterwards.

PATTAYA – August 24, 2012 [PDN]; at 8:30 p.m., the arrest of an accused child rapist who 9had fled his bail was reported by Pol. Capt. Arnon Infhong, Deputy Inspector, and the police team of the Center for Protecting Children and Women, section 2.

Police arrested the suspect, Mr. John or Gracy Ean Charles, age 47, a British native, in room number 4 on the second floor of the Jomtien Complex, Jomtien Beach, Moo 12, Tambon Nong Preu, Amphur Banglamung.

Mr. John was charged with escaping from bail in his court case of raping a boy under 15-years-old, according to the warrant of Pattaya provincial court at 946/2554, dated September 14, 2011.

On May 20, 2008, Mr. John had been arrested by the Pattaya and Banglamung police at house number 44/97 Sapsombat village Moo 9 Tambon Nong Preu, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province.

Full story:http://www.pattayada...ist-in-jomtien/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-08-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the poor little 9 yr old boy recovered from his terrible ordeal...

Disgusting !!

How exactly is it that you know he is guilty?

And just what what does that have to do with Pattaya-Girl expressing her sympathy - or pehaps you know more ........................

• Like 2

She expressed sympathy for a 9 year old boy. We do not know if the allegations are true. She is presuming guilt without due process of law. If guilty, I sincerely hope that he is served with the maximum sentence, and I hope that the child recovers. However, until found guilty, I cannot stand by a presume he is guilty.

• Like 1

No one is guilty until proved so in a court of law...

But skipping bail does make one think, hopefully he will be locked up now until his trial, but "TiT" so they probably give him bail again.

And I hope our consular Representatives realize they have more important things to do than trying to get this bail skipper, bail again.

Bail jumpers are usually guilty - plenty of examples of that. Stupidly he stayed. Maybe his penchant for underaged sex will be his downfall. I would not want to be him behind bars - the crims have a way of justice he may not like. Throw the book at him.

• Like 1

Englishman accused of offences against minors, rearrested by Police in Jomtien

25_08_55_1_6.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 47 year old English resident of Pattaya who is currently on bail relating to charges of conducting lewd acts with minors was rearrested on Friday Night after a Judge issued an arrest warrant for him as he failed to comply with his bail conditions.

Officers from the Police Region 2 Child and Women Protection Unit arrested Mr. Ian Charles Tracy at the Jomtien Complex Condotel where he resides on the 2nd floor.

In May 2008 he was arrested by Pattaya’s Tourist Police on a charge of offering two boys aged 10 and 12 years, money in exchange for sexual acts at a house he used to rent at the Sombat Village in Central Pattaya.

Full story: http://www.pattayaon...police-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-08-25

footer_n.gif

He's only been arrested for breach of bail conditions, that's not exactly a serious deal bearing in mind that they seem to have caught up with him easily enough.

As far as I can see this man has NOT been convicted yet of anything.

so HE IS INNOCENT until proven otherwise. Some respect of his innocence is lacking in these posts I think.

• Like 1

He's only been arrested for breach of bail conditions, that's not exactly a serious deal bearing in mind that they seem to have caught up with him easily enough.

so HE IS INNOCENT until proven otherwise. Some respect of his innocence is lacking in these posts I think.

cheesy.gif , where their is smoke there is fire yes/no.

In LOS if you get targeted for this stuff you were are on fire. smile.png

You're right but not showing at court sure doesn't advance a picture of his good character. Which makes me wonder again, COULD he have just fled the country, and if so, why didn't he?

Maybe they sent the letter to his old address?

sent from my Wellcom A90+

The accused does not appear to cognizant of his situation. It may be that he didn't skip bail, just forgot due to inebriation. We foreigners have to be very careful in our associations with Thai women with young children. If things go wrong with the relationship it is simply amazing how creative your Thai woman can be in getting her foreign partner extracted from the relationship. Try not to prejudge this case he simply stands accused and for some reason unknown to us and maybe himself too. Now he is in default of his bail condition he has problems enough.

I thought this country had pretty strict libel laws? Printing the accuseds name without proof of guilt would surley fall under this catergory? He's only been accused and skipped bail. As another poster pointed out, claims of peadophilia are easily arranged if someone wants to do the dirty on you.

I say give the guy his day in court. The sooner the better though and no bail this time although having that charge on you're head, skipping bail and hanging around beggars belief.

Disgusting !!

I do not know if he is guilty or not guilty, I was merely showing concern for the 9 yr old Child ok.

I never mentioned the Man arrested in my previous post whatsoever.

• Like 1

“She is presuming guilt without due process of law. If guilty, I sincerely hope that he is served with the maximum sentence, and I hope that the child recovers. However, until found guilty, I cannot stand by a presume he is guilty.”

Two problems with this

Firstly pattaya_girl made no such presumption.

Secondly it’s a misapplication of the principle to imply he is innocent until found guilty.

Tthe principle is simply saying he should be treated as innocent, as a legal principle, in order to get a fair trial, not that he actually is.

To imply he is innocent based on a principle is extending a dogma and perhaps a bit naïve.

One should look at the facts in each case and make ones own decision, which I think most of us do anyway.

Edited by Douggie Style

Innocent until proven guilty? I wonder what country some of these folks think they are in?

And since when is it improper to publish the nightly booking sheet?

When you jump bail your name bloody well should be in the newspapers. There should be a reward for someone dropping a dime on this *********

Edited by Rimmer
Inapropriate

Disgusting !!

I do not know if he is guilty or not guilty, I was merely showing concern for the 9 yr old Child ok.

My question still remains. What is it that you know about this particular 9 year old child that the rest of us do not? There is no proof that anything has happened to any child anywhere. What we are certain of is the fact that this guy jumped bail. Okay, lock him up and let him serve his day in court. If he is guilty, let him fry. If he isn't .... I rest my case. There's no reason to assume anything here. There's just some guy who jumped bail. Maybe he feared the Thai Justice System. If that were the case, he probably wouldn't have stayed. Nevertheless, that is merely speculation.

Don't paint everything with a single stroke of the brush.

As the accused was given bail you would think that the Police would have notified Immigration and his Embassy so that he could not claim to have lost his passport and obtain a replacement. More than likely why he did not depart Thailand whilst out on bail.

Going off on a tangent i was amused at the Pataya Daily news report

. When he noticed reporters observing him and taking notes, he scolded them harshly with rude words.

One can only persume what the rude words were..

Disgusting !!

My question still remains. What is it that you know about this particular 9 year old child that the rest of us do not? There is no proof that anything has happened to any child anywhere. What we are certaiplen of is the fact that this guy jumped bail. Okay, lock him up and let him serve his day in court. If he is guilty, let him fry. If he isn't .... I rest my case. There's no reason to assume anything here. There's just some guy who jumped bail. Maybe he feared the Thai Justice System. If that were the case, he probably wouldn't have stayed. Nevertheless, that is merely speculation.

Don't paint everything with a single stroke of the brush.

Sorry Pattaya-Girl, there is no hope for peple who post inane replies

• Like 1

Seeing as this goes back to 2008, I presume the warrant issued 14th September last year was for skipping bail, so the the "easy enough" statement would be fair statement had they rearrested him last September.