Red Shirts Block Abhisit From Seminar

Lite Beer

[surely it is possible that someone like Thaksin has done some illegal things for which he could be convicted. The investigation of Thaksin was done by a junta-created AEC and he was convicted by a junta-created court.

This conviction was so clearly political that it has tainted all possible future convictions also as such.

Thaksin's opponents can hardly be called strategic geniuses...

He was convicted under his brother in law's watch and under the conditions of a democratically chosen constitution! To me it seems rather ingenious to continually ignore these facts!

what does the government have to do with a court? .... Nothing.

Democratically chosen constitution, ... please, don't make me laugh.

When you come and live here with your family you will have the right to a valid opinion. Sitting there in France firing hypothetical missives to the south east doesn't cut the mustard in Dijon let alone Nakorn Nowhere

Are you telling me that the Thais didn't get a choice whether to accept this constitution or not? We must have lived in a different country, cause I clearly remember the referendum. Please elaborate .............

[surely it is possible that someone like Thaksin has done some illegal things for which he could be convicted. The investigation of Thaksin was done by a junta-created AEC and he was convicted by a junta-created court.

This conviction was so clearly political that it has tainted all possible future convictions also as such.

He was convicted under his brother in law's watch and under the conditions of a democratically chosen constitution! To me it seems rather ingenious to continually ignore these facts!

When you come and live here with your family you will have the right to a valid opinion. Sitting there in France firing hypothetical missives to the south east doesn't cut the mustard in Dijon let alone Nakorn Nowhere

Can you make an argument instead of a slur ???

TL is in Thailand, by the way.

PhilW is correct.

No Thai citizen deserved to be killed by its own government and that government was led by Abhisit. Now Abhisit doesn't seem to appreciate people reminding him about the results of his decisions. Tooooooo bad for Abhisit.

You are jumping to conclusions on who is to be held responsible for the deaths during the 2010 siege of Bangkok. Also notice that Abhisit and his party members, and also gays in Thailand and PAD supporters for that matter were attacked and blocked from doing their duties way before the violence in Bangkok in 2010. Your argument, therefor, holds absolutely no ground.

Just curious, but what are the "duties" of homosexuals ( gays ) and PAD supporters , such that they were blocked from performing ???

AV and the army are in my opinion responsible for the great majority of deaths in 2010.

Now, back to the blocked duties, more info please.

Fascists always pick on minority groups such as religious the Muslims and those with alternative life styles such as the gays.

The UDD ticks those boxes in bold.

Do you support that?

PhilW is correct.

No Thai citizen deserved to be killed by its own government and that government was led by Abhisit. Now Abhisit doesn't seem to appreciate people reminding him about the results of his decisions. Tooooooo bad for Abhisit.

You are jumping to conclusions on who is to be held responsible for the deaths during the 2010 siege of Bangkok. Also notice that Abhisit and his party members, and also gays in Thailand and PAD supporters for that matter were attacked and blocked from doing their duties way before the violence in Bangkok in 2010. Your argument, therefor, holds absolutely no ground.

Just curious, but what are the "duties" of homosexuals ( gays ) and PAD supporters , such that they were blocked from performing ???

AV and the army are in my opinion responsible for the great majority of deaths in 2010.

Don't forget your red brethren in Chiang Mai and Udon Phil!

http://www.fridae.asia/newsfeatures/2009/02/23/2223.chiang-mai-gay-pride-parade-called-off

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/202054-udon-pad-ralley-turns-violent/

PhilW is correct.

Fascists always pick on minority groups such as religious the Muslims and those with alternative life styles such as the gays.

The UDD ticks those boxes in bold.

Do you support that?

Are you talking about the Royal Thai Army and a democrat government that pushed muslim refugees out to sea, to die and drown ????

Do you support them ??

Can you make an argument instead of a slur ???

TL is in Thailand, by the way.

I made the argument. Are you his mum or his shadow?

What an absolutly pathetic post......truly the loudest prolonged scraping of the barrel I have heard in a long long time

You're not listening hard enough

PhilW is correct.

Don't forget your red brethren in Chiang Mai and Udon Phil!

http://www.fridae.as...rade-called-off

http://www.thaivisa....-turns-violent/

Maybe some Thais in Chiangmai prefer not to have a gay parade.

Maybe some , perhaps many, Thai people prefer not see westerners with their hilltribe impoverished rent boys who are of course doing it for love.........

Anyway, i don't care, but you have shown where you stand and this should now be dropped.

Are you talking about the Royal Thai Army and a democrat government that pushed muslim refugees out to sea, to die and drown ????

Do you support them ??

I have never heard the Democrats ask the people to burn all Muslim mosques to the ground.

I have never seen them attack gay people either.

Just the Red Shirt fascists that you support

Do you support them ??

I have never heard the Democrats ask the people to burn all Muslim mosques to the ground.

I have never seen them attack gay people either.

Just the Red Shirt fascists that you support

Wrong again.

We're not having a good night are we?

Maybe some Thais in Chiangmai prefer not to have a gay parade.

Maybe some , perhaps many, Thai people prefer not see westerners with their hilltribe impoverished rent boys who are of course doing it for love.........

Anyway, i don't care, but you have shown where you stand and this should now be dropped.

Fascist

Haha, yellows do this to Thaksin in US and you sing praises. Double standards all around and they are all equly bad including Abhisit.

Is Abhisit a convicted criminal fugitive on the run too?

Indeed not.......but somehow it would appear he is as much, if not more disliked in many quarters.....any idea why that would be....I mean what do you have to do to earn such a lowly reputation when you once stood at the pinnacle of Thai politics?

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

Where I live doesn't change how the court was formed which convicted Thaksin, nor does it impact the manner in which the Junta pushed through its constitution.

As for France, that country is very far north and 5 time zones from here, where I am, with my family.

Not to mention that posters from all sides have their right to opinions regardless of their residence... It seems that many with rather strong opposing opinions to my own are no where near Thailand and haven't been for a long time - as for whatever that is worth since it has no bearing anyway.

• Like 1

Abhisit, as head of the Thai government, declared the SOE and gave control to the military which then went on to kill Thai citizens. There is precious little "jumping" in that sequence.

Yes it is, you are jumping to the conclusion that Abhisit gave the order to kill Thai citizens! A fact that has not been determined yet, nor have the circumstances that led to the deaths!

Where I live doesn't change how the court was formed which convicted Thaksin, nor does it impact the manner in which the Junta pushed through its constitution.

So how was the court formed that sentenced Thaksin and which constitution and government were in place. Not the junta, was it?

• Like 1

As for France, that country is very far north and 5 time zones from here, where I am, with my family.

Not to mention that posters from all sides have their right to opinions regardless of their residence... It seems that many with rather strong opposing opinions to my own are no where near Thailand and haven't been for a long time - as for whatever that is worth since it has no bearing anyway.

Tom, your opinion from afar will always be hypothetical when lined up against someone who has made the commitment and investment to reside here and support a family

Are you telling me that the Thais didn't get a choice whether to accept this constitution or not? We must have lived in a different country, cause I clearly remember the referendum. Please elaborate .............

please don't be thick.

That discussion has been had countless times on TVF. I am pretty certain you know the story, but if you seriously do not, feel free to PM.

Abhisit, as head of the Thai government, declared the SOE and gave control to the military which then went on to kill Thai citizens. There is precious little "jumping" in that sequence.

Yes it is, you are jumping to the conclusion that Abhisit gave the order to kill Thai citizens! A fact that has not been determined yet, nor have the circumstances that led to the deaths!

He was PM, you know, head of the Parliament and all that.

We know that someone gave the orders.

Iit is not unreasonable to assume that the head of the armed forces and the PM discussed ( with their advisors ) what to do and decided a course of action.

They are therefore responsible.

Iit is not unreasonable to assume that the head of the armed forces and the PM discussed ( with their advisors ) what to do and decided a course of action.

You take that assumption and mould it into "Abhisit gave the orders to kill"

You take that assumption and mould it into "Abhisit gave the orders to kill"

Yes.

Haha, yellows do this to Thaksin in US and you sing praises. Double standards all around and they are all equly bad including Abhisit.

Is Abhisit a convicted criminal fugitive on the run too?

He is a murder also. The same as if he pulled the trigger. Convicted means little in Thailand as many murders and criminals walk.

Don't worry about it, it is just the typical logic twisting found here. The original point doesn't require a court of law & smoking gun to be valid (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/579760-red-shirts-block-abhisit-from-seminar/page__st__100#entry5607542)

Abhisit supports protesters as democratic if he agrees with them and decries them as undemocratic if he disagrees with them.

It is all in the public record... in black& white.

Don't worry about it, it is just the typical logic twisting found here. The original point doesn't require a court of law & smoking gun to be valid (http://www.thaivisa....00#entry5607542)

Abhisit supports protesters as democratic if he agrees with them and decries them as undemocratic if he disagrees with them.

It is all in the public record... in black& white.

Yep and welcome back.

How was your sojourn in France and hope the kids didn't mind too much when they were sent out to get an agreeable red............

( can't find the right emoticon.......)

Mark thought it was oh so clever for the yellows to block PT MPs out of parliament last month and now he's crying like a baby because it's happened to him. Can't have it both ways.

The less we forget the better should be the dems motto....

Er no....... he made a choice, to took action to leave the country, so the consequence of his decision, he lives outside the country

He made a choice to be corrupted and a criminal! The consequence is that he has to face 2 years in jail and go to court for several other pending cases. Unfortunately, the coward does not face responsibility and the consequences of his crimes, because let's be clear here ............. he is a criminal no matter how you twist or turn his past behavior!

Convicted of financial irregularity indeed.........

Does it not make you ponder why a party supported by such a man was elected.......I mean what could the electorate be thinking about with an alternative such as Abhisit?

What could Abhisit have possibly done to be voted out.......after all no convictions.......must be something....somewhere....some niggling perception....

it was vote buying.

If not for vote-buying Abhisit would have won in a landslide... God's honest truth straight from TVF.

cool.png

Recently, there was an election for MP's and a very strong red district ended up with a dem MP. Reason? The PTP candidate did not provide any envelopes.... The cost per vote to the dem candidate? 100 baht per vote....