Red Shirts Block Abhisit From Seminar

Lite Beer

Bully-boy behaviour is all that the knuckle-draggers of the Red Shirt movement know.

Collectively, they remind me of a spoilt three-year-old -- if they don't get what they want, they smash something and blame somebody else.

Touche. Spoilt little brats that never learnt to think for themselves.

Would that be the return for years of not conditioning people to think for themselves....when they tried...reset....I am often astounded by the lack of consideration given by posters as to how exactly Thailand arrived at where it is today....I guess it is easier to throw insults than absorb an understanding

• Like 1

So, is it or is it not OK to block and threaten someone who wants to make a speech? By my book, in a democracy it is not. But we all know that reds are anything but democracy lovers, as they even don't know what this word means anyway

"it not OK to block and threaten someone who wants to make a speech" Same same to Thaksin just last week (the other way round). What's your excuse?

It has been pointed out several times (with video?) on this thread that Thaksin's vehicle was not impeded. Short term memory loss?

No, just double-standards. wink.png

It's also notable that it took just a few LAPD officers to ensure the smooth-running of a democratic protest, which saw both Red-Shirts and anti-Thaksin protesters in attendance, whilst 200 Thai riot-control police proved unable to handle things here. whistling.gif

• Like 1

After the excursion to the past to show what others did and how that explains and justifies the behavious of red-shirts, let's go back to the topic for a moment.

for the third time in two months red-shirts have hindered and/or made difficult the functioning of k. Abhisit as MP, member of the opposition, member of the Democratic Party. Democracy in all its beautiful colourness, like members here still fondly remember from their countries in the West.

Or in others words, from our learned Pheu Thai party list MP and UDD red-shirt leader Dr. weng "eradicate the Democrats".

• Like 2

So, is it or is it not OK to block and threaten someone who wants to make a speech? By my book, in a democracy it is not. But we all know that reds are anything but democracy lovers, as they even don't know what this word means anyway

"it not OK to block and threaten someone who wants to make a speech" Same same to Thaksin just last week (the other way round). What's your excuse?

It has been pointed out several times (with video?) on this thread that Thaksin's vehicle was not impeded. Short term memory loss?

It's also notable that it took just a few LAPD officers to ensure the smooth-running of a democratic protest, which saw both Red-Shirts and anti-Thaksin protesters in attendance, whilst 200 Thai riot-control police proved unable to handle things here. whistling.gif

OP says :

" Bang Poo Police station and 200 anti-riot police kept security during the red shirt rally and there was no reports of clashes."

you say :

"200 Thai riot-control police proved unable to handle things here."

It would be interesting if you had a link or information to show that the police did not handle things...

"Abhisit dismissed Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung's comments that the red shirts' action was normal political activity, saying instigated turmoil violated others' rights".

Any comment from their leader, Yingluck?

Rumor is she said big brother OKed it.

OP says :

" Bang Poo Police station and 200 anti-riot police kept security during the red shirt rally and there was no reports of clashes."

you say :

"200 Thai riot-control police proved unable to handle things here."

It would be interesting if you had a link or information to show that the police did not handle things...

Welcome back Tom.

I would refer you to the following in the OP, I've put the relevant parts in bold :-

"Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva was blocked from joining a political seminar"

and "The former PM's car could not enter, as the rally blocked the entrance to the association"

• Like 1

the article says

"The former PM's car could not enter as the rally blocked the entrance to the association, forcing his driver to circle around three or four times to find other entrances. Abhisit decided to return to the Democrat Party headquarters, and then join a rally in Uthai Thani.

Bang Poo Police station and 200 anti-riot police kept security during the red shirt rally and there was no reports of clashes."

One would have to be pretty dumb to believe they kept security. What they did was allow protesters to seal of a building so as Abhist could not get in.

It should have read police fail in their job and rather than create violence by performing his duties. Abhist opts for peace and leaves the scene of proposed red shirt scum actions.

• Like 2

Would that be the return for years of not conditioning people to think for themselves....when they tried...reset....I am often astounded by the lack of consideration given by posters as to how exactly Thailand arrived at where it is today....I guess it is easier to throw insults than absorb an understanding

It sure is. The details of who has been representing the Northeastern electorates for the past decades are freely available. Keep them ignorant down on the farm and they'll continue to vote for CTP/NAP/TRT/PPP/PTP.

As opposed to the more educated explosive and weaponry experts in the south voting democrat?

yes, but they are people, aka insurgents, not uneducated water buffalo, aka redmob... completely different.

And if you bothered to read and investigate what I said, rather than jump in with your red buddy, you'd see why the Northeast is generally poorly educated. "But, but, but there are some insurgents down south who may or may not, but I'll say definitely do, because the truth never stopped a red argument before, vote Democrat, so that makes decades of power broker, keep the people in their place, politics in the Northeast by those currently aligned to the PTP okay".

Governments of all nations kill their citizens at various times.

Some in street fights because they are shooting at police and national guard.

There are of course enquiries about it.

In the case of street riots sometimes people die, it is regrettable in all cases,

but those rioting also are held accountable for their actions.

And never given party list positions to prevent their prosecution while in office.

Some citizens die because they are convicted of murders and sentenced to death.

Some in the current government want to speed up the killing just for being drug dealers.

Other citizens die because they can't afford medical care

and the government does nothing to see they get treatment.

Abhisit is still alive and wasn't killed by the red shirt army, the long arm of the government.

If The government would really try to kill Abhisit, your excuses would be pretty lame.

Or what is your point?

And if you bothered to read and investigate what I said, rather than jump in with your red buddy, you'd see why the Northeast is generally poorly educated. "But, but, but there are some insurgents down south who may or may not, but I'll say definitely do, because the truth never stopped a red argument before, vote Democrat, so that makes decades of power broker, keep the people in their place, politics in the Northeast by those currently aligned to the PTP okay".

Well it looks like Yingluck and the team are really moving forward on the 'education' front......counytrywide progress.......congratulations Yingluck and PTP it appears the only educational issue remaining is in the north east

according to scorecard

"Abhisit dismissed Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung's comments that the red shirts' action was normal political activity, saying instigated turmoil violated others' rights".

Don't forget, she's still getting over the affects of the efforts from her first year as PM.

Doubt we'll ever get a consensus on this thread. The Abhisit haters won't let go of their obsession that he deserved it. Any notion of the Red Shirts being at fault is therefore superfluous

Well it looks like Yingluck and the team are really moving forward on the 'education' front......counytrywide progress.......congratulations Yingluck and PTP it appears the only educational issue remaining is in the north east

according to scorecard

She couldn't educate herself, let alone the Northeast. But I suppose to one who thinks promising, but not actually supplying, a bunch of tablets to children with no access to electricity, let alone the internet, is the creme de la creme of educational policy, she would be seen as smart. I guess a younger, semi incoherent Thai female, put in a job by her family because of her looks, reminds many of just why they're in Thailand.

• Like 1

Don't forget, she's still getting over the affects of the efforts from her first year as PM.

Doubt we'll ever get a consensus on this thread. The Abhisit haters won't let go of their obsession that he deserved it. Any notion of the Red Shirts being at fault is therefore superfluous

I think you are correct there will be no consensus, but your reasoning is a little skewed, you see if Abhisit had the courage recently to request PAD allowed parliament to function, then he might have cause for complaint, there is no need for the reds to block Abhisit from anything

However for him to cry now when the 'blockade' did not suit his agenda?

Fair comment or not?

I think you are correct there will be no consensus, but your reasoning is a little skewed, you see if Abhisit had the courage recently to request PAD allowed parliament to function, then he might have cause for complaint, there is no need for the reds to block Abhisit from anything

Fair comment or not?

Not sure Abhisit is 'crying' now.

But as we agree, there will be no consensus.

All the time Abhisit is perceived as the root of all that is wrong in Thailand, any attention he gets, good or bad, is deserved

Handshake? I'll let you have the last word ;)

Fair comment or not?

All the time Abhisit is perceived as the root of all that is wrong in Thailand, any attention he gets, good or bad, is deserved

Handshake? I'll let you have the last word wink.png

Not true, Abhisit is not perceived as the root of all that is wrong in Thailand, he had only a short tenure, and it was difficult. Similarly the current government, 1 year in office!

There are deep divisions in Thailand and frankly some of the rather ignorant comments regarding the 'red shirts' displayed on this forum go no way to resolving the entrenched issues created well before Abhisit and Yingluck.

The problem is, posters here who cannot accept PTP are elected, and they need to be judged at the end of their term on their progress, if any......by the electorate.....as was Abhisit......otherwise Thailand will not and cannot move forward

To attempt to remove this government by any other method than scheduled election can set Thailand back years, this is why there is an uneasy power share at the moment.......do you see it?

• Like 1

Not true, Abhisit is not perceived as the root of all that is wrong in Thailand, he had only a short tenure, and it was difficult. Similarly the current government, 1 year in office!

There are deep divisions in Thailand and frankly some of the rather ignorant comments regarding the 'red shirts' displayed on this forum go no way to resolving the entrenched issues created well before Abhisit and Yingluck.

The problem is, posters here who cannot accept PTP are elected, and they need to be judged at the end of their term on their progress, if any......by the electorate.....as was Abhisit......otherwise Thailand will not and cannot move forward

To attempt to remove this government by any other method than scheduled election can set Thailand back years, this is why there is an uneasy power share at the moment.......do you see it?

Okee doke I'm happy to give my opinion.

What you say is correct, everything hinges around the democratic process.

However, part of that process must include the ruling party ensuring that their ELECTED Opposition are allowed to perform their duties unhindered. 

Ignoring who the protesters are, the ruling party must ensure that rule of law (via the police) is used to support the democratic process.

The democratic election concerns all the elected representatives. It is not limited to providing a mandate for the ruling party.

The Opposition are an important part of a Democracy. As such it is in the best interests of the ruling party to be seen to support that process -IMHO

Edited by Noistar

Governments of all nations kill their citizens at various times.

Some in street fights because they are shooting at police and national guard.

There are of course enquiries about it.

In the case of street riots sometimes people die, it is regrettable in all cases,

but those rioting also are held accountable for their actions.

And never given party list positions to prevent their prosecution while in office.

Some citizens die because they are convicted of murders and sentenced to death.

Some in the current government want to speed up the killing just for being drug dealers.

Other citizens die because they can't afford medical care

and the government does nothing to see they get treatment.

Abhisit is still alive and wasn't killed by the red shirt army, the long arm of the government.

If The government would really try to kill Abhisit, your excuses would be pretty lame.

Or what is your point?

You have understood the response I was making completely inverse to the point I was making in the whole side discussion. And since it had become a side discussion it won't continue.

Fair comment or not?

Not fair at all and you know it!

Remember the death threats he received? Remember the attack on him in 2009? What about Chiang Mai recently!

These red thugs just won't stop, and the police does nothing.

• Like 2

However, part of that process must include the ruling party ensuring that their ELECTED Opposition are allowed to perform their duties unhindered.

Ignoring who the protesters are, the ruling party must ensure that rule of law (via the police) is used to support the democratic process.

The democratic election concerns all the elected representatives. It is not limited to providing a mandate for the ruling party.

The Opposition are an important part of a Democracy. As such it is in the best interests of the ruling party to be seen to support that process -IMHO

Indeed but just a short time ago the function of Parliament as disrupted by PAD, so you are going to show me the instruction from Abhisit to step away and allow democratic process to continue at the venue assigned to such debate, just to show he also fully supports the 'democratic process' you understand.

I can accept Abhisit should be allowed to go about his business, but his slip is showing when it comes to the rues of play you mention above, the crux of this debate is 'let him without sin cast the first stone' in this case that is not Abhisit.....is it?

Fair comment or not?

Remember the death threats he received? Remember the attack on him in 2009? What about Chiang Mai recently!

Makes you wonder what he could have possibly done to warrant such disgraceful neglect......

Fair comment or not?

Nice one and fully agree.

Indeed but just a short time ago the function of Parliament as disrupted by PAD, so you are going to show me the instruction from Abhisit to step away and allow democratic process to continue at the venue assigned to such debate, just to show he also fully supports the 'democratic process' you understand.

I can accept Abhisit should be allowed to go about his business, but his slip is showing when it comes to the rues of play you mention above, the crux of this debate is 'let him without sin cast the first stone' in this case that is not Abhisit.....is it?

I was merely trying to support your argument about "live and die" by the democratic process.

Diverting the topic to apparent deficiencies in Abhisit's conduct doesn't prevent him from being entitled to speak freely.

If we could only move on from "any present problem is justified by something similar in the past".

Do you agree Abhisit, as the elected leader of the Opposition, is entitled to the support of the ruling party when he is trying to perform that role?

You guys know how to confuse someone, methinks.

The problem is farang posters who have no say, but hinder progress and philw agreeing? A number of assumptions by farang posters followed by 'therefor' Thailand set back? How about rephrasing some posts to make the logic followed a wee bit more clear to lesser mortals ?

Fair comment or not?

Makes you wonder what he could have possibly done to warrant such disgraceful neglect......

Neglect? You mean 'death thread', or possibly just 'blocking', I think (assuming I understand some 'logic' here correctly?)

Years of red-shirt propaganda with doctored tapes, PTV shoutcasts with lies, red-shirt 'democracy' schools, etc., etc. have led to this. Dr. weng himself talked about 'eradication'. So what warranted this red-shirt behaviermm.gif our? Ah, he wouldn't play ball their way. Now all starts to make sense, doesn't it

I was merely trying to support your argument about "live and die" by the democratic process.

Diverting the topic to apparent deficiencies in Abhisit's conduct doesn't prevent him from being entitled to speak freely.

If we could only move on from "any present problem is justified by something similar in the past".

Do you agree Abhisit, as the elected leader of the Opposition, is entitled to the support of the ruling party when he is trying to perform that role?

Abhist is entitled to feel as secure as any other citizen in Thailand, with this comes the responsibility for his own welfare, he made the correct decision to avoid the meeting if his safety was in question. Should he have the support of the ruling party? only if he is the leader I would expect, but yes he should expect to have freedom to carry out his duties.

I'm a little bit lost as to how any of the posters here would deny the use of historical evidence and example in a debate, but there you go it appears to be the new, no answer, answer, to any attempt to draw comparrison into a topic!

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 2

You guys know how to confuse someone, methinks.

The problem is farang posters who have no say, but hinder progress and philw agreeing? A number of assumptions by farang posters followed by 'therefor' Thailand set back? How about rephrasing some posts to make the logic followed a wee bit more clear to lesser mortals ?

Elites don't pander to proletariat, you should be aware of that Rubl.....smile.png .

Fair comment or not?

Neglect? You mean 'death thread', or possibly just 'blocking', I think (assuming I understand some 'logic' here correctly?)

Years of red-shirt propaganda with doctored tapes, PTV shoutcasts with lies, red-shirt 'democracy' schools, etc., etc. have led to this. Dr. weng himself talked about 'eradication'. So what warranted this red-shirt behaviermm.gif our? Ah, he wouldn't play ball their way. Now all starts to make sense, doesn't it

No I don't mean.....

Abhist is entitled to feel as secure as any other citizen in Thailand, with this comes the responsibility for his own welfare, he made the correct decision to avoid the meeting if his safety as in question. Should he have the support of the ruling party? only if he is the leader I would expect, but yes he should expect to have freedom to carry out his duties.

I'm a little bit lost as to how any of the posters here would deny the use of historical evidence and example in a debate, but there you go it appears to be the new, no answer, answer, to any attempt to draw comparrison into a topic!

I seem to be inadvertently muddying the waters.

Historical evidence is of no relevance (IMHO) to this topic. It seems that posters are anti-Abhisit.

It is not for anyone in Government to determine if 'he is the leader I would expect'.

Abhisit IS the ELECTED leader of the Opposition. His status is therefore assured as of July/Aug 2011. The ruling party are obliged to treat him with the respect his POSITION deserves.

In his role you might as well call him "John Smith".

I don't understand how the past relates to the topic. I would concede that the reasons for the protest are based on issues from the past. However the resolution of those issues is not for the protesters to determine. Until the law holds Abhisit to account, it is only reasonable for Abhisit to continue to perform his duties, which he seems (IMHO) to be doing flawlessly. Unlike his opposite number.

(he says as he ducks!)

Abhist is entitled to feel as secure as any other citizen in Thailand, with this comes the responsibility for his own welfare, he made the correct decision to avoid the meeting if his safety as in question. Should he have the support of the ruling party? only if he is the leader I would expect, but yes he should expect to have freedom to carry out his duties.

So, pray tell, what ever did the Romans for us?

Base for language, did you not study Latin?

I might have gone back in time a wee bit too much. Maybe I was a bit puzzled by the remark on 'use of historical evidence'.

As I indicated before, in the 'tit for tat' game all seems allowed, but hardly justified. He did that, so we can do this? Is that progress farang or Thai style? May PAD members and/or yellow-shirts now throw rocks or even tiny, little pebbles at PM Yingluck's car when she's inspecting her realm? Without fear of being crucified by opponents who have a mandate to do so, that is? ermm.gif

• Like 1