Banana It Not Servicing What It Sells

jackcorbett

Ten months ago I bought an Acer 4830 G from Banana IT at the Central Shopping Mall so the warranty is "theoretically" good until 9/30/2012. However, two days ago I could not get the DVD drive to pop out the DVD's. The drive reads, however, and one can trip the latch to release DVD's by inserting a paper clip into a small hole in the dvd door. So I took the laptop to Banana shop with my receipt in hand. There I was informed that my laptop would need to go to Bangkok. Since having my laptop laid up for an indeterminable period of time was unacceptable to me I suggested that Banana order a replacement for me and call me when it came in. When the person behind the counter told me I'd have to wait a month, I just about became unglued. I just flat out told the guy I'd take my laptop down to Pattaya 2 U at Tuk com and get a new drive there even if I had to pay for it. The guy said that would be second hand, and that I could get a DVD drive that attaches to my laptop through USB. Well......it only took Pattaya 2 U ten minutes to find me a new replacement DVD drive but I had to pay 1700 baht since I had not gotten my laptop at their shop.

My mistake, which I wish to pass onto everyone reading this post is that I had not gotten my 4830 Acer at Pattaya 2 U in the first place. After all, I had gotten laptops there before and have always had great service with them. They have parts and a good half dozen techs working there, and it they don't have the parts they're going to find what is needed at another shop close to theirs. As for Banana IT, from this point forwards I won't ever spend as much as 100 baht there again. As for Pattaya 2 U, I highly recommend the place and unless something drastic there changes I'm buying all my future laptops there.

Pretty much standard modus for equipment that far into their warranty. It's not the shop who has to honour the warranty (beyond maybe 1 week), but the manufacturer...

It's a petty there is no Acer center close by (Chonburi being closest). They would possibly have been able to help you faster.

That said, the smaller shops often give better service in the hope of getting repeat custom.

Banana it is just a big chain, only staff on salary who could't care much about customer relations...

Had an issue with a Samsung phone, normal procedure would have been to send to Samsung Bkk and wait for replacement, but the shop i bought issued me a new one on the spot... This was well after the one week immidiate replacement period expired.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

I have used Pattaya 2 U for years and I never knew that they "retailed" laptops. I know that they will send their people around to other stores to obtain hard to find parts, but a retail laptop sales is nothing I have ever seen there

I have during the past 2 to 4 years bought two laptops from Pattaya 2 U. But not recently, however. I believe they still have several popular models available upon request. If they do, you can be sure I will be getting my next laptop from them. Today, it was the owner who got on my problem. I believe this shop to be far far superior to any other I've been around. Through the years I've found the owner to be very sharp and straight up and up.

Many outlets even if they have some in house service - which many don't - can't do it themselves because of the warranty terms they have to live by. I replaced the small black rubber belt that is the common cause of this fault with a cool looking red rubber band and it still works 8 months on.

You must check first how the guaranty works, have many different kinds, the better is:

On Site, they will send people to your home one or two times after a call, and usually they will change all if some part fail.

On Store, it's basically the service that Jackcobertt expected. usually 1 week in Thailand, one month in the rest of the world, sometimes 3 months depending on the law of the country more than the branch.

Default Guaranty, You must send by post office or directly into the branch service area office, usually this is covered by the branch, but the wait could be between one or four weeks, depending how far and how good is the guaranty service.

So check before buy it.