Funny Txt Messages From The Wife,G/Freind

pigeonjake

Ahh I think someones missing his good lady. I'm not sure what gave it away. unsure.png

You'll be back together soon. In the mean time stop teasing us about the western food we miss so much. licklips.gifangry.png

why? the strawberry's at villa are lovely right now, and a third the normal price

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it none of my ex long term(ish!) thai girlfriends ever used to call me darling.

Is it just me or is it that only thai girls who have learnt English in a certain environment use this word ?

Not aimed at the OP but just asking other members where most thai girls get darling from

It is not just you but many who believe that implied fairytale about the word "darling"

Why your ex's never called you darling is something you would need to ask them.

As to why Thai girls use the word with their bf/husbands, just listen to

Thai TV lakorns, Thai pop music it is a popular phrase.

In Thai many times you will hear Thai women use the word naa-rak น่ารัก or tii-rak ที่รัก

Both of which can mean darling/dear/lovely/lovable when translated into English.

If a Thai girl is learning English and has a English speaking bf she may want to use

those Thai words. If she plugs those Thai words into a translator- talking dict she will get "darling"

Also I think many Thai's who learn English like to watch western movies.

Edited by mania

Why is it none of my ex long term(ish!) thai girlfriends ever used to call me darling.

Is it just me or is it that only thai girls who have learnt English in a certain environment use this word ?

Not aimed at the OP but just asking other members where most thai girls get darling from

It is not just you but many who believe that implied fairytale about the word "darling"

Why your ex's never called you darling is something you would need to ask them.

As to why Thai girls use the word with their bf/husbands, just listen to

Thai TV lakorns, Thai pop music it is a popular phrase.

In Thai many times you will hear Thai women use the word naa-rak น่ารัก or tii-rak ที่รัก

Both of which can mean darling/dear/lovely/lovable when translated into English.

If a Thai girl is learning English and has a English speaking bf she may want to use

those Thai words. If she plugs those Thai words into a translator- talking dict she will get "darling"

Also I think many Thai's who learn English like to watch western movies.

Ok good answer this explains it well.

I don't no why LoveLaos got so offended from my question.

My wife to be loves to preen me. Clips my nails, pulls my nose hair and few hsirs on my ears. Shes nuts for it.

My wife that is used to do that as well until the day she nearly removed to top of my middle finger. She accepted soon after that incident (and mopping up of the blood) that she needed glasses.

Now-a-days she is happy, glasses working perfectly, but she has never cut my nails since that harrowing day......wink.png

Waxing and pubic hair trimming is also out..........thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

darling is not that bad. my thai gf call me e moo and e wan.

When I'm teasing my wife I get e wan. What do e moo and e wan mean?

darling is not that bad. my thai gf call me e moo and e wan.

When I'm teasing my wife I get e wan. What do e moo and e wan mean?

Edit she says she calls me E Ven, My name is shortened Thai style to the last syllable. So I'm being told to stop messing about and help her lol.

Are you guys sure that your wife/gf isn't saying dak ling instead of darling?

Just sayin'. whistling.gif

Yep......mine was calling me dak ling for the first 2 years, and I just put it down to her accent and not being very good at english.

She had the last laugh on me when I found out that dak ling meant "monkey's bum" and she was deliberately saying it to me and having a quiet giggle to herself.

8 years married and we still have a good laugh about it. biggrin.png

Edited by Rsquared
  • Like 2

as some will know im working in scotland at the minute,on nightshift,

the other morning i was in asda, some beautiful very big strawberrys, ill have some of them i thought,

got to the office at night, held one to my mouth took a pic and sent it to my wife,

got a message back, never mentioned the bloody strawberry,, she said,

DARLING your fingun nails want cutting also your hair,!!!!!

made me bloody laugh, could only be her,, bless her,

jake

Darling is really considered an old fashioned word and so is probably found in old English language text books.

I have often found that Thais who have very little English language will not ask me about my wife/gf, but about my "Darling" or more precisely "Darling You"

And it's no good getting defensive, everyone with a brain got the snidey insinuation when you wrote "Is it just me or is it that only thai girls who have learnt English in a certain environment use this word ?"

PigeonJake is a happy man and you should be ashamed of yorself for trying to pull a nice thread down to your gutter level.

I have to agree, a humourous anecdote suddenly became about girls from a certain environment - from the outside looking in it looks like you're back pedaling ... I'm sure pigeonjake's missus is a real angle...

the other morning i was in asda, some beautiful very big strawberrys, ill have some of them i thought,

got to the office at night, held one to my mouth took a pic and sent it to my wife,

jake

They use to call me darling.

if they call you farang it's time to go.

jake

Darling is really considered an old fashioned word and so is probably found in old English language text books.

I have often found that Thais who have very little English language will not ask me about my wife/gf, but about my "Darling" or more precisely "Darling You"

And it's no good getting defensive, everyone with a brain got the snidey insinuation when you wrote "Is it just me or is it that only thai girls who have learnt English in a certain environment use this word ?"

PigeonJake is a happy man and you should be ashamed of yorself for trying to pull a nice thread down to your gutter level.

I have to agree, a humourous anecdote suddenly became about girls from a certain environment - from the outside looking in it looks like you're back pedaling ... I'm sure pigeonjake's missus is a real angle...

Or even a right angle? whistling.gif

• Like 1

they do get mixed up,

i love driving along and ill say what you say darling,, and she allways says

i not say,

makes me bloody laugh,

little update on our little girl due sept 14th, i think shes trying to kick her way out, misses had to go to hospital today for a check, but said everything ok,, she just kicks her a lot,,

jake,

and by the way shes still filling all the water tubs up for the pigs and showering them,

she is an angel

If I have been winding the Mrs up I often get asked "are you taking a piss on me"

Something she thinks she has heard me say

I have explained several times that it should be "are you taking the piss out of me" but with no success. I just let her carry on now, always makes me smile

• Like 1

jake

Errrrm.... English lessons? A dictionary? Are you insinuating that all Thai girls who use the word 'darling' are prostitutes? Would that be true for non native speakers from any country in the world? Maybe it IS just you...... perhaps your ex girlfriends didn't like you enough to call you 'darling'....

Errr. I didn't call anyone a prositute. You are the only one who said anything about that.

So you are saying all my ex girlfriends didn't like me.. Please you are going to hurt my feeling in a minute. That must mean most of my friends are married to thai ladys who don't like them either because I hardly ever here there wives calling them 'darling'

Anyway I won't take your insult personal.

It sounds like a hit a nerve of yours so sorry for that

If your gonna make general slurs, at least own up to it...

• Like 1

Most Thai people I spoke to assume Darling is the English translation of "tilak".

Im not Thai and I presume this as well?? Care to enlighten?

My fiance' called me tilac last night when we turned off the light.

Difference is imo if its coming from a bar girl and your name becomes tilak (handy because ALL her bf before during and after). Or it is mesnt from the heart as you.

People should ask about your panlayah or faan, not to much your tilac but Thais +40 I can see that.

jake

Errrrm.... English lessons? A dictionary? Are you insinuating that all Thai girls who use the word 'darling' are prostitutes? Would that be true for non native speakers from any country in the world? Maybe it IS just you...... perhaps your ex girlfriends didn't like you enough to call you 'darling'....

Errr. I didn't call anyone a prositute. You are the only one who said anything about that.

So you are saying all my ex girlfriends didn't like me.. Please you are going to hurt my feeling in a minute. That must mean most of my friends are married to thai ladys who don't like them either because I hardly ever here there wives calling them 'darling'

Anyway I won't take your insult personal.

It sounds like a hit a nerve of yours so sorry for that

We all know what you meant by your 'certain environment' comment. Just gets a bit boring, that's all.

LoveLaos

You seem to know more about what i think than I do so enlighten me. What did I mean ?

Can't be arsed wink.png

Listen as I said before I have said nothing to offend you in anyway.

I don't no what your wife did or didn't do before you met her. I am sorry if my comments touched a personal situation of yours.

Are you guys sure that your wife/gf isn't saying dak ling instead of darling?

Just sayin'. whistling.gif

Yep......mine was calling me dak ling for the first 2 years, and I just put it down to her accent and not being very good at english.

She had the last laugh on me when I found out that dak ling meant "monkey's bum" and she was deliberately saying it to me and having a quiet giggle to herself.

8 years married and we still have a good laugh about it. biggrin.png

LOL she call's me Dak Ling and Monkey Bum, thanks for the explanation