Pheu Thai M.P. Urges Thai Women: Marry A Farang For An Easier Life

webfact

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunai often talks a lot of nonsense but he's dead right here. In my wife's village of approx 300 houses there are 10 houses I know of where the woman has a farang husband. some live here, some in their partner's country.

Wwidows, single women frequently ask me to find them a partner - the eligble Thai men are all married, what's left are the drunkards and losers.

And most of those married to farangs are the envy of others, nice houses, rubber plantations, sugarcane, cassava, etc.

I am utterly INSULTED, where was the mention of the United States of America????? Is Mexico and the Latin American states the only ones who get to exploit and destroy the good ole USA? Why not get some Asians in the act, the food will improve immensely.The driving might suffer,but hey the US is the first dumb-ass country to bring in the masses of destruction thru welfare and political correctness. We were the cutting edge of getting misfits and parasites to sneak in and come here with open arms and empty wallets. Hell, i won't mind working until i am 90 to pay for some diversity and do the right thing of equal exploitation. Maybe we need to start some more wars and conflicts to get the refugees flowing back in. I heard tell that some peoples are leaving the USA because the welfare is drying up and tightening up on the huge amounts of fraud, and that was just the government workers fraud. Oh, to be second bested from the Europeans again is just too much, maybe i will vote democrat to incite more graft and welfare and other vote making plunders.!! Look out Europe, we Americans want the greedy,needy and ignorant more than you,and we have the highest amount of prolific breeding losers that any country could hope for ,so it's just a matter of time before we win the biggest losers contest and hey, one day you might get a flow of Americans coming to your country. I am sure you will love these new manufactured and cultured folks ,coming from a gutter near you soon.

Bit racist, old sport. I don't think consumers in the US know how much more expensive their food would be if we didn't have immigrants to do the hard agricultural work each year.

Why can't the 8% (actually more like 20%) unemployed pick some fruit in Florida, California and Washington state?

The remarks were taken out of context. If you look at what he was actually talking about, what he says makes sense. The speech was about social inequality and lack of opportunity for rural people to take part in the political process. Here's a link to an article that goes into a bit more detail:

http://asiancorrespo...ry-a-foreigner/

Good to see that our western educations have taught us to be cautious and not make knee-jerk reactions to anything we read in the newspaper. Especially if it confirms our own prejudices.

Thanks for this reference. An excellent and highly intelligent article. All this chatter here has been misled by a poor bit of journalism (what's new). Clearly this MP was defending the position of women in Thailand, especially rural women, but really all women. If you read his remarks in context you can see (apart from the bit about learning a language on the horizontal) that he was attacking the lack of progress towards improving the lot of the poor.

• Like 2

The fool has hit upon a way to insult two groups for the price of one.

The ignorant and misinformed?

Could this be a turning point in our relationship Nisa? You and I actually agree on something. I can bash some of the antics of Thais and thier Politicians with the best of them however on this point I think some are totally blinded by thier dislike of the current government and can't see when someone is actually trying to make a difference or maybe they just do not want to accept that someone could actually care about the plight of some of the citizens. Sometimes credit must be given where it is due.

"They" (The ever faithful Thai girl), What a hoot!!!, From the first day they watch the TV in their little hooch and see a farang on the box , usually in Nakhon Nowhere (Isaan), the master plan is set in motion, cohorting with mum, find a farang, but study first. 3 main subjects: 1/Learn to lie, 2/Learn to steal and 3/ Learn to cheat, oh sorry and also learn how to play at being in love.

Get the ever loving farang to buy Tii Din, Tii Nah, House, Pickup for the Lung, gold for mum, motorcycle for thai boyfriend and then kick him out on the street like a dog and invite the thai boyfriend to take your place.

Life as a farang in Thailand, Wunderbaa!!! Keep going back to work, pick that money of the money tree and return, hey presto DITTO!!!!!

You must have had some very unfortunate personal experiences to vent such anger and resentment. Unfotunate, but not an excuse or justification for groundless stereotyping.

Why is it that everyone hates what he said? When Politicians lie you hate it and now when ONE tells the truth you hate it too? He is one of the only honest ones I have heard other then Pierre Trudeau.

cheesy.gif A politician telling the truth! Now there's an oxymoron.

• Like 1

He is just reiterating what Isaan mothers and fathers have been telling their daughters for decades. Do y'all think this is something new?

You must have spent many years in Isaan researching this over the decades you refer too. Or are you just making it up?

This gentleman does not seem very bright.

He pretty much insulted every Thai woman and Western man in Thailand.

Making uninformed statements regarding education, family and and foreign affairs in a single breath. This guy should work for Fox News.

Or a column in Forbes magazine, like that old fascist former president of Singapore.

Well, perhaps what is most offensive about his statements, are that there is some truth in them. There are some very hard working Thai men out there, who are responsible family men. But, as a percentage, what would you guess? I cannot express how many Thai women I have met that said "never again". I am finished with Thai men. I cannot find one who does not drink, smoke, gamble, screw anything in sight, is kind and gentle, and is willing to work hard and provide a good income for his family. So, why would a Thai woman not be interested in a fareng? Since most women are looking for financial security, anywhere in the world, why could this not be the same in Thailand? So, what is the real issue here? A Thai politician who speaks his mind is a real rarity here.

• Like 1

Been living in Thailand for 20 over years, almost 80% of my Thai girl friends really think that way and all they want is to look for a Farang boyfriend or husband for security in $ wise, and that's the reality!

I personally believe some of them have also realized that some of them do come with a better functioning brain......coffee1.gif

As for education I'm still appalled at how many farang cannot distinguish between there and their.

don't forget "then" and "than" too

Don't forget "too" and "to" too......biggrin.png

You naughty person you haven't read the whole thread have youermm.gif

Post #233thumbsup.gif

Edited by sysardman

Has anyone suggested putting his smiling face on t shirts for the expat community yet?

Oxford Will....

There's 2 pictures suitable for t-shirts....

post-146250-0-31066500-1346309109_thumb.

post-146250-0-17333800-1346309451_thumb.

Haven't decided on a colour yet but watch the vendors on a soi near you!

edited to make T & S twoshot look a bit better.

Edited by sunshine51
  • Like 1

What a complete imbecile and an utter moron... but then I wouldn't expect any less from a member and spokesman of the Pua Thai Party.

I think you are missing what he is saying. He is actually putting a rocket up the rear end of the Thai government for it's lack of community services and welfare for the needy. He is basically comparing the West and Thailand. I believe you have twisted it around.

Right...

So do you really believe that? Somehow I severely doubt he was speaking out of heart felt concern, being philosophical and/or demeaning to the state of affairs in his beloved homeland or lighting a fire under and critisizing the fellow brethren of his party in power.

Edited by yeeowww

Has anyone suggested putting his smiling face on t shirts for the expat community yet?

Oxford Will....

I'm amazed we haven't got any 'Lie to Me' face readers on here. I'm no expert but Mr Sunai looks a real 'couldn't stay mad at you for 2 mintues' smile whereby Thaksin's is a real Tony Blair (and others) Joker lying through teeth smile. Just a thought!!!! where is Cal Lightman when you need him?laugh.png

What a complete imbecile and an utter moron... but then I wouldn't expect any less from a member and spokesman of the Pua Thai Party.

I think you are missing what he is saying. He is actually putting a rocket up the rear end of the Thai government for it's lack of community services and welfare for the needy. He is basically comparing the West and Thailand. I believe you have twisted it around.

Right...

So do you really believe that? Somehow I severely doubt he was speaking out of heart felt concern, being philosophical and/or demeaning to the state of affairs in his beloved homeland or lighting a fire under and critisizing the fellow brethren of his party in power.

Why do you say that? Do you have a total hatred of the man to think he may not be sincere?

Oxford Will....

I'm amazed we haven't got any 'Lie to Me' face readers on here. I'm no expert but Mr Sunai looks a real 'couldn't stay mad at you for 2 mintues' smile whereby Thaksin's is a real Tony Blair (and others) Joker lying through teeth smile. Just a thought!!!! where is Cal Lightman when you need him?laugh.png

Yes, Khun Sunai looks like a bit of a character to me. Probably harmless; just in with the wrong crowd. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I just don't understand why all of you winers just don't go back home...like I'm doing. Heading back to the states cause I just can't F'n deal with the level of ridiculousness in this country. I'd live in Detroit before Bangkok, Alabama before Surin, Denver before Chiang Mai any day of the week. I tried it for 6 years because work sent me here. I just can't deal with it anymore, and based on all the negative comments on these forums, I don't get why you all stay here. Can't work and earn social security, can't own a house, Farang pay 2x, 3x, 4x, or 5x more for anything these people can gouge you for. Thai women are so jealous they become psychotic, dangerous evilness when the relationship doesn't work out. The corruption and ineffectiveness of the laws makes the worse of America look like Unicef. The military and police are the drug cartels. The food and water are deadly toxic from chemicals banned in the states 40+ years ago. And, let's not even talk about the driving, drunkenness, and out right hypocrisy of the so called followers of Buddhism. Sorry everyone, my sister just bought a small house on a piece of land with fruit trees in a nice quiet little town in Oregon last year for 1.3 million baht. You can't even do that here. See ya, wouldn't wanta be ya!