Champions League Group Stage Draw.

MrRed

Perhaps they thought that the fact that Arsenal have qualified for the CL for the last n years and have usually got to the final stages and you guys make one appearance in living memory and couldnt get out of the group with a squillion euro squad counted for something.

Im gutted for youtongue.png

Arsenal havent won the league for about 10 yrs!!!

My point is that the WINNERS of their respective leagues should be seeded first. If it is decided that 8 teams per pod, then the 8 strongest leagues would have their winners in the 1st seed pod.

You are saying that seeding should be based on CL performance over the past X years, which I dont agree with.

There is no luck involved in winning a tournament over 38 games, therefore the reward should be seeding in 1st group, whatever the team.

Otherwise just have a knockout without seeding.

Its called CHAMPIONS League, not the 'Who has played well in Europe in the past 10 years' League

Perhaps they thought that the fact that Arsenal have qualified for the CL for the last n years and have usually got to the final stages and you guys make one appearance in living memory and couldnt get out of the group with a squillion euro squad counted for something.

Im gutted for youtongue.png

Arsenal havent won the league for about 10 yrs!!!

My point is that the WINNERS of their respective leagues should be seeded first. If it is decided that 8 teams per pod, then the 8 strongest leagues would have their winners in the 1st seed pod.

You are saying that seeding should be based on CL performance over the past X years, which I dont agree with.

There is no luck involved in winning a tournament over 38 games, therefore the reward should be seeding in 1st group, whatever the team.

Otherwise just have a knockout without seeding.

Its called CHAMPIONS League, not the 'Who has played well in Europe in the past 10 years' League

Futile jack. It doesn't suit him to concur with that view

I agree with the City fans.. The Champions League for me, should be just that...!!

Bring back The Cup Winners Cup and, make The UEFA Cup the second place cup again, it wasn't broken for me so, why fuc_k it up.

Money money money...!!!

TV TV TV...!!!!

redrus

Its inequitable that clubs can get rich owners, spend a fortune and dominate the league for years to come. We others complain like hell about the rules not being as we would like.

I respect your right to complain about the inequities you face and I might have some sympathy with your views - just as you might have some sympathy with ours re moneybags clubs.

Has a nice equilibrium of unfairnesses about it dont you think?

Its inequitable that clubs can get rich owners, spend a fortune and dominate the league for years to come. We others complain like hell about the rules not being as we would like.

I respect your right to complain about the inequities you face and I might have some sympathy with your views - just as you might have some sympathy with ours re moneybags clubs.

Has a nice equilibrium of unfairnesses about it dont you think?

I agree, but that is why Fair Play has been introduced, surely?

And its not the inequalities we face... its the whole system. Why should Dortmund, who have won their league 2 yrs on the bounce, be in pot 4... yet Bayern are in pot 1??? Its nonsense it really is!!

In fact, the more I think about this current seeding system the more it stinks. All 4 teams in our group are current champions of their own leagues. How can that be right.

I'd like to see the seeding thing abolished for the CL proper.

If you are good enough then you should simply prove it.

This would be a breath of fresh air for viewers...and I say that rather than fans....give all the teams a more equal chance. :)

Edited by smokie36