Sausage & Mash With Onion Gravy On Special

butterisbetter

For a limited time we are offering - practically giving away - Cumberland Sausage (2 pieces) with Mashed Potatoes & Onion Gravy. 95 baht.cumberland_sausage_with_mash_potatoes_and_onion_gravy-small_image.jpg

Where are you located in Chiang Mai?

Sent from my iPhone 3 using ThaiVisa app

For a limited time we are offering - practically giving away - Cumberland Sausage (2 pieces) with Mashed Potatoes & Onion Gravy. 95 baht.cumberland_sausage_with_mash_potatoes_and_onion_gravy-small_image.jpg

Where are you located in Chiang Mai?

We're located on Chang Klan Rd about 50 meters south of the night bazaar.

These are our GPS coordinates: 18.780400 98.999704 If you plug them into maps.google.com you'll get an exact location.

This really looks delicious. I'm a BIG fan of Cumberland Sausage, though not so much a fan of bangers and mash. (I'm not British.) But I'd like to ask a small favor of you, for future food postings...

I get a lot of advertising for home food delivery where I'm living right now, and of course it all looks great. But when I order a platter of something, what arrives at my door is more of a saucer than a platter. I ordered a beautiful Paella the other day, thinking I'd even have a bit of left-overs, but what showed up was not even enough for me to call a main dish for one! I guess I live in the land of the Lilliput.

Would you be so kind as to simply put a knife and fork beside your plates when you photograph your food specials? Perhaps a coffee cup behind? Something to give an idea of relative size of the dish being offered. I'm really looking forward to tasting all the great things I've been reading about when I arrive, but I'd hate to show up with the wrong impression of what I'll be receiving.

Thanks. And don't stop experimenting with sausages. I can eat them till they come out my ears!

That's a really useful suggestion. I will say that our cook, without telling me, was going to cut the portion size because she thought it was too much for the money. We stopped her in time. She's right, it is too large, but that's the point of a promotion.

That looks serious!

It's not just serious, it's excruciating. Well, at least making the onion gravy is seriously tedious. The onions have to be very brown (caramelized) in order to give the onion gravy its special flavor. This takes about 40 minutes of constant, unrelenting sautéing. If you abandon the onions in the early stage, they'll brown unevenly. In the late stages, they'll burn.

I tried the Cumberland sausage just this week and enjoyed it. (All that fuss about stuffing and appearance was nonsense to my taste buds - eyes too, come to that.)

If the size of the sausages pictured were as mine, this new dish is a huge serving and might prevent having dessert.

I tried the Cumberland sausage just this week and enjoyed it. (All that fuss about stuffing and appearance was nonsense to my taste buds - eyes too, come to that.)

If the size of the sausages pictured were as mine, this new dish is a huge serving and might prevent having dessert.

That's music to my stomach...

Supply of Cumberland sausage exhausted. There won't be any until Tuesday, Aug 4.

We demand a special airfreight-delivery !

How can the gourmands of Chiang Mai survive until tomorrow ? rolleyes.gif

But seriously, congratulations on a promotion, which is clearly a great success, and brings some fun into our lives. I'd never have believed, even in the CM-forum, a thread on sausage-and-mash ! What's next ???

Can you deliver to Chiang Rai? Okay just kidding, wishful thinking. I will certainly drop in on my next trip to CM smile.png

We're thinking of building a pipeline. Until then, you could look for sausage from Sausage King. I tried their Italian sausage about a month ago and I regret to say it was very good indeed. So, I'm pretty sure their English sausages, will, if anything be even better since these people actually grew up eating them.

Went in today to get this......... When is it back?

It will be back today, September 4. We'll be serving it with peas. What won't be back is the price. It's going to be 140 baht.

Is it still 95 baht without peas? (Only kidding).

Can't stand the green and poisonous things bah.gif but looking forward to trying the origianl offering next time I'm passing licklips.gif

It will be back today, September 4. We'll be serving it with peas. What won't be back is the price. It's going to be 140 baht.

Can't stand the green and poisonous things bah.gif but looking forward to trying the origianl offering next time I'm passing licklips.gif

You would have been horrified had you come today. The staff decided to sprinkle the peas on top of the sausages instead of safely segregating them to one side. I guess they thought the peas were a kind of inconsequential garnish.

You would have been horrified had you come today. The staff decided to sprinkle the peas on top of the sausages instead of safely segregating them to one side. I guess they thought the peas were a kind of inconsequential garnish.

You do seem to have some training problems. Maybe a training manual with photos of the dishes and quantities to serve of each component will help with consistancy which is important in maintaining regular customers and also in cost control.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Well I must have had a lucky escape (from the peas) this afternoon. A good sized portion - just like in the photo at the begining of the thread. My only picky comment would be that I prefer my gravy to runnier but the flavour was there so thanks for a good bangers & mash.

Off at a tangent I recall one occasion in The Clubhouse on Loy Kroh (long since closed) being served apple pie and custard garnished with a sprig of parsley. Each to their own I suppose smile.png