Thai Deputy Premier Chalerm Fingers Myanmar At Asean Ministers Drug Meeting

Lite Beer

Thai Deputy Premier Chalerm fingers Myanmar at ASEAN ministers' drug meeting

image_201208311316067B527C29-E0FA-0413-445CF5934A1FFAC2.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 31 – ASEAN’s hope for achieving drug-free status by 2015—a goal endorsed at a special ASEAN anti-drug meeting in the Thai capital which ended today—depends upon Myanmar, according to Thai Deputy Premier Chalerm Yubamrung.

Thailand hosted a special meeting of ministers from the 10-nation Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in the capital to fight against drugs and to achieve ASEAN’s status as a drug-free zone in 2015.

“Drug situations change all the time,’’ Mr Chalerm said. ‘’New products emerge. ASEAN's hope depends on Myanmar.’’

Despite the fact that the Myanmar government is not involved in the drug making and/or smuggling activities, Mr Chalerm said that Tachilek in Myanmar, at Thailand's Mae Sai district in the northern province of Chiang Rai, is known to be the main channel of the drug problem for Thailand.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm presided over the ceremony at Shangri-la Hotel on Friday.

The ten ASEAN member countries are jointly planning policies and strategies to fight against drugs from the production process, trade and the use of illegal drugs.

The plans are to be made tangible by ASEAN senior officials. The result of today's meeting will be reported to the next ASEAN summit among regional leaders.

The Thai deputy premier said ASEAN [already] described itself as drug-free region, which means the drug problem is controllable and does not affect society. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-08-31

Thai Deputy Premier Chalerm fingers Myanmar at ASEAN ministers' drug meeting

Of course, he does. That's where all his contacts are. He's pointing saying, "Don't budge an inch or let out a fart of breath, or I'm caught and I'll hang you with me!" giggle.gif

Oh Chalerm! When will ye n'er learn?

-mel.

The Thai deputy premier said ASEAN [already] described itself as drug-free region, which means the drug problem is controllable and does not affect society.

Whenever I think his statements can't get any more stupid, a pearl like this appears.

• Like 1

I wonder

It won't be long before Myanmar passes Thailand in all areas or social and economic development and Thailand will be eating their

dust.coffee1.gif

Chalerm will probably blame these same drugs as being the seed of Myanmar's success when they do.

Less blaming and more doing and perhaps we would see Thailand moving forward again. The 80's Tiger was a long time ago.

It won't be long before Myanmar passes Thailand in all areas or social and economic development and Thailand will be eating their

dust.coffee1.gif

They are making changes very fast, yes. Quite interesting to see if they'll hit a wall or just plow through to become a serious competitor.

Whenever I hear or read the name Chalerm and learn about his silly, stupid, self-indulgent, irrelevant, holier-than-thou, goody-two-shoes, hypocritical rants I get uncontrollably sick. As another poster wrote, he who points a finger unsually has three fingers being pointed right back at them - and in Chalerm's case certainly not unjustifiably so. Perhaps someone should ask Chalerm how he got so 'unusually rich' on a poor police captain's salary...

Saying the Burmese govt is not involved in the manufacturing is disengenious. They are. They always have been. The top ten generals are multibillionaires and they are involved in manufacturing, distribution, AND smuggling across the border into Thailand. Until you stop those pigs, nothing changes. Chalerm is right to mention this but goes too far in letting the pigs off the hook.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

Myanmar is changing - slowly but surely. The world is gradually adjusting to that outlook and looking forward to constructive engagement with them. Myanmar are no more going to be the Asian whipping boys of the West. So Thais should take their heads out of their asses and look at themselves for solving their own woes.

It wasn't long ago that Chalerm was pointing that finger at Cambodia. He should write a book, "how to win friends and influence people", my apologies to Dale Carnegie.

yingluck should make a new post- Minister for Family Affairs appointing the incredibly pathetic Surapong to that role as he unarguably has all the required skills and would thus be unique in this administration.

Chalerm, with his incredible acumen in relations with neighbouring countries should be moved to the position of Minister for Foreign affairs for which Sunai should perform the role of deputy.

Whenever I hear or read the name Chalerm and learn about his silly, stupid, self-indulgent, irrelevant, holier-than-thou, goody-two-shoes, hypocritical rants I get uncontrollably sick. As another poster wrote, he who points a finger unsually has three fingers being pointed right back at them - and in Chalerm's case certainly not unjustifiably so. Perhaps someone should ask Chalerm how he got so 'unusually rich' on a poor police captain's salary...

More than once! In the 1991 coup he was forced to flee some B30 million lighter.

• Like 1