Is It Ok If I Fly Into Bkk With Only A One Way Ticket - I Will Be Traveling With An Ed Visa

I'll have the letter of approval from the ministry of education and the ED Visa Approved by the Thai Consulate in Southern California (LA) for the first few months.

I'd much prefer to purchase a one way flight, rather than round trip and have to change the return date. But, will this cause any problems (flying into Bangkok with only a one way ticket)?

Thanks.

The only problem you might encounter is airline staff that don't understand this fact. You need, if you have no visa, proof of onward journey, and not a return ticket. If the worst comes to the worst, you can go BOOK (not buy) a ticket to Vientiane or somewhere cheap like that. I know some people have had to do this, they even claimed to have got a refund.

Thanks, it didn't make sense that I would need a return ticket but I had read prior about folks running into challenges (probably without a Visa, but I wasn't sure). Feel better about purchasing the one way ticket, which I'll do now.

Gratzi. (If for whatever reason it does present a problem, I'll inform). Once again, thanks.