A Friend Lost Tm-Card/departure Card?

I had lost mine when I came to my immigration office (Khon Kaen). The officer looked at me and

said that I have to go up to Chiang Khan (another 350 km one way) to get a new one. That was the last place

from where I had a stamp from Immigration.

I probably looked extremely sad and mentioned did I live in Chaiyaphum and it is a VERY VERY long way to go to Chiang Khan. He than turned on a smile and said that he can help me against 2.000 baht, but if I accepted "no receipt" it was OK to pay "only" 1.000 baht.... I did it.......and wrote later about it here in Thaivisa, and that officer was removed 3 months later when I came back..... I dont know why really.....smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Glegolo

Once the original that was in my passport was a bit ragged and as best as I could tell they wanted me to fill in another one. I was on a normal 30 day visa on arrival, and the passport is stamped with the entry stamp. I can't imagine much of a problem filling out a new one.

Not lost, but my TM card from April 2002 is falling apart a wee bit, after hving been removed and stapled again every few months for 90-day reporting, visa renewal, WP renewal, etc.

Wondering when someone will complain about it's state :-)

• Like 1

Mine is from 2003 and have not had any complaints - but get impression some of the newer officers are not as familiar with the old card stock forms.

For OP missing card should just involve filling out a new one on departure (they can find old number on computer). For extensions of stay is when more formal procedure is sometimes asked (police report of loss).

I lost my T.M card and was issued a new one without any fuss.

My colleague lost his and was fined 2000 baht. This was in Maesai.

I paid a 100 baht fine in Mae sai for a no fuss replacement.

I obviously look poorer than your friend :)

There seems to be two different issues being discussed..

People who have lost TM cards that need to report to immigration offices etc..

And People who simply turn up at the airport to go home without one.

Lots of stories about bribes, but that's just the officers trying it on to those who have long term visa's or want extensions etc..

But if it's just a case of getting out of the country within your original stamp date limit.. No Worries!! ignore these horror stories and just go to the airport..

The airport immigration officers are pretty decent in my opinion, it's when they qualify and move on to desk jobs they get corrupted!

Edited by Satcommlee