How Do I Install Default Mail Client

SantiSuk

I tried to use an online contact us box with a UK Government agency and they responded "cannot perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed.

How do I go about this? On my previous laptop I remember getting a dialogue box that asked me to complete a Microsoft Outlook information box in response to a si,milar circumstance. That form seemed to have information requirements (like POP address) that were beyond my immediate capabilities to discover, so I just never bothered.

When you click a 'mailto' link it's expecting to see an Outlook or similar client on your machine, I'm not sure if you can tell it to use a web-based email system (never tried).

Rather than clicking on the 'mailto' link simply paste (or type) the email address into your normal email system. If the link is simply marked 'contact us' (or something similar) right-click on it to reveal the actual address (sometimes hovering the mouse over the link works).

There is a difference between a "contact box", which is normally a form on a website, and a link to a mail address.

If you right-click and copy such a link, you can just open GMail or Hotmail, compose a message, and right-click and paste it right into the "To:" field.

But remove the "Mailto:" tag because you don't need it.