Bangkok Accom With Adsl?

OK getting no response, so here is the LONG version.

I am not sure whether to look for accom in a condo or a serviced apartment. Help please

I NEED adsl to work, so because of the the hassle I had getting it set up the last time I lived in BKK I thought I could get some advice.

I have been told that getting a new telephone is a MAJOR hassle here in Thailand. Is that true? If yes then the condo plan is a no no.

If it is easy, then once I get a landline how long does adsl take to get set up?

Regarding the serviced apartments, I noticed that the majority of places say they have internet but they mean a "business centre". I need internet into my room either via wifi or cable. Can anyone recommend any places under 15-20k a month that either include net or have it as an option?

Jack

I am looking to stay in Bangkok for 4 months. Is it possible to rent a room/studio/condo that includes adsl for under 15k a month?

Jack

A friend of mine lives across the street from Pantip Plaza and he pays about 9000 or 10000 for a nice room...he had to add DSL, but the phone line was already there and given the area, it wasn't a problem for the people from TRUE to come by and set it up quickly.

I have set up ADSL twice, once in the north and once in Bangkok.

Both times I had moved into a property with a direct phone line (ie. not via a connection box for the building) already in. Both times I had to re-activate the phone line and then get ADSL activated.

It also depends on the area. But most places in Bangkok I would assume will be OK.

At my place on Rama 3 it was all set up in 4 days or so.