Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music

Ron19

mercy...

RIP...

my dear departed wife was called Well (real name Nong) and I sang: 'Welllllll, I can't quit you babe...' and I had her listen to the Led Zep version that features that on the intro...and as her eyes became heavy lidded with desire she murmured 'you clazy...'

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

Nice selection, tutsi.  This was done by the Cross Section for the '79 Who Quadrophenia movie.  Interesting bit of musical trivia on how that evolved (click the link if yer interested in reading about it).

And a nice instrumental by the Ramsey Lewis Trio in '66.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

mercy...

RIP...

my dear departed wife was called Well (real name Nong) and I sang: 'Welllllll, I can't quit you babe...' and I had her listen to the Led Zep version that features that on the intro...and as her eyes became heavy lidded with desire she murmured 'you clazy...'

John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers from the '66 Crusader LP.  Mick Taylor on guitar.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Bryan and the boys were starting the wheels in motion with this hit from their self titled debut album from 1972 , a good year indeed in British music !!

Absolutely, '72 was a great year for British music.  Ready For Love/After Lights by Mott off their '72 All The Young Dudes LP.