Please Explain 12 Month Marriage Visa

Hello all again

i got an agent to deal with my marriage visa just got it back.

follow my last post understood tha\k you.

my visa was submited on about the 19 20 of august this year, top of my visa says

Aplication of stay is under consideration of

the immigration beurueu applcvant must conctact this office again in person on 29 september

sign xxxxxx

immigration officer

20 aug 2012

Nakhonratchasime immigration

extension of stay permited until 30 aug 2013

signed xxxxxxxx

22 aug 2012

please explain thak you

It is an extension of stay, not a visa.

Your report is a bit strange. The procedure is that when you apply based on marriage, you submit the paperwork and get a temporary stay of an extra 30 days. During that time your application is reviewed by a comittee. You then have to come back on the indicated date, in your case the 29th to get the rest of the 1 year extension of stay (if approved, which is almost always the case).

You how ever seem to already have gotten your 1 year permission to stay on the 22nd of august. That is very strange and must be a mistake. Ther is no way the comittee would have approved it already on the 22nd of August if you applied on the 20th. As said, norm is that you would have to come back on the 29th of Sept.

Did you go to the immigration office yourself?

There is no such thing as a marriage visa, that's why you can't find one.

What you mean is an extension of stay for the purpose of marriage.. looks like you got that ok.

I assume you extended a non-immigrant O visa, that's the usual way.

Edited by technologybytes

I would be very concerned about what your agent has done. Has he told you a second visit will be required or not? The stamps are either wrong or worse. A marriage extension of stay requires both you and wife to be present at immigration for interview and check of documents.

yes it seem strange

a few years ago i had the same visa done in mukhdahan and at the top of the visa it said

THAI WIFE

this time it is not, but i even have a 90 days report receipt asking me to notify my adress again on the 17 nov 2012

even though i am asked to o to the immigration on the 29 sept 2012 it seems i already been granted the visa or permission to stay for another year.

not sure what to do now,

advice please.

Difficult to advise, as this seems to be irregular to say the least. At best you the procedure is irregular at worst you have fake stamps in your passport, for which you can be prosecuted.

Getting a competent lawyer with good contacts with immigration might be in order.

The 90 day report is nothing strange, it runs independent of the application of extension of stay.

As said when applying You and your Wife have to be present .

You both are interviewed and both have forms to fill in.

You are given an under consideration stamp of 30 days.

You return on that date for the official result.

Looks to me like this "agent" has done some dodgy under the counter deal with the Immigration Officer.

Did you get an Official Receipt from Immigration for 1,900 Baht?

yes i have all official receipt and date for the first 90day report

all looks the same as when i did it by myself years ago in mukdahan and yes wife was present at that time around

this time was agent by himself

i am starting to get a bit worried now

will visit the agent asap

hopefully the office is still an office and not an abandoned house

will update as soon as

thanks for your advice

Definitely sounds iffy to me, and yes I would be worried if I was you...

Just for info, how much did you pay the agent?

I got my last 2 marriage extensions at Korat and although it wasn't a great hardship, the requirements had to be followed exactly....

Any under-the-counter dealings (and I'm not implying that is what's happened in your situation, as I don't know the full facts....and it appears that you don't either) will only eventually have a negative effect on genuine applicants....

Edited by mxyzptlk